PDA

View Full Version : Wireless adapter?

Pudi
12-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Ive just bought an Xbox360 and want to hook it up to my wireless network,can i use any wireless g n usb network adapter or do i have to use the microsoft one?

cyron1
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
you can't use any of the PC USB network adapters if that's what you're asking

Pudi
12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
you can't use any of the PC USB network adapters if that's what you're asking

What about a bridge?
The 360 will only work using one wireless networking adapter (the Microsoft model). If you plug any other USB wireless adapter in, it won't work, on the other hand, the 360 should work with any wireless bridge - these connect to the 360's Ethernet port, so as far as the Xbox knows it's connected to a wired network, the bridge then converts this to a wireless signal.

PWRESRGE
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
if you have a computer close or a laptop, you can use that to connect to the network. You need to have Xp Pro or Vista. You just need to connect the ethernet ports of the computer and the x-box 360. Once the computer detects the wired network adaptor and the wireless network. You go into the advanced properties of the wireless network and turn on the ICS (internet connection sharing) and boom your on the network with the x-box. Its the cheapest solution out there and works great.