PDA

View Full Version : Zalman Anti Corrision additive.

nomad3700
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Anyone used it here, is it good not good? I am talking of the Zalman Anti Corossion Agent ZM-G200

Any suggestions on other stuff

Scubar
12-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Ive got some, havent tried it out yet in a loop. It seems to be pretty good from what i can make of it. I added some to abit of water to see how thick it was and its very thin indeed. its not UV so that helps.

nomad3700
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I have the bottle and I also added it to some water and it is definitely thin, I also added some yellow food coloring to it, and it gives an awesome green effect not the bright green stuff but a much richer green its really what I am goin towards, I got some of the UV dyes from petras gonna try that out and see if they combine.

ladderman
12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I have bottle of ZM-G200 which I intend to use when I rebuild my system

A company called Vadim Computers tested a verity of coolants for their water-cooled systems and found it was the best.

This is what they said.

“We tried various non-electrically conductive coolants - Fluid XP, Danger Den MCT and 3M Fluorinert. Nothing met our expectations. Fluid XP contains small particles that, in time block the flow, and it isn’t as non-conductive as the company claims it to be. Danger Den MCT didn’t give us much confidence in its safe use.

Next we considered using a mixture of glycol (antifreeze) diluted with deionised water. The glycol sold in local garages isn’t good enough for a PC water-cooled system, as it made out Laing D5 pump clog up and stop functioning. There are different types of glycol available, and we found that only two of these offered good results - Innovatek Protect IP and Zalman ZM-G200. The latter ended up being used is their systems”

nomad3700
12-16-2007, 07:50 AM
that sounds good... hoping for the best I cant wait till christmas weekend, I am gonna have sooo much fun getting this system up and running.

Jedda
12-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Zalman are on to the ZM-G300 now.
They specify a 12 month exchange cycle, btw.

ladderman
12-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Zalman are on to the ZM-G300 now.
They specify a 12 month exchange cycle, btw.

The ZM-G300 is exactly the same as the ZM-G200. The only difference is the size of the bottle. The G300 is half the quantity because it’s supplied for the Reserator unit.

http://216.139.228.207/Zalman-Reserator-XT-Ultra-Quiet-Water-Cooling-System---Black-P351C0.aspx

“The RESERATOR XT - Anti-corrosion Coolant, ZM-G300
The Anti-Corrosion Coolant supplied with the Reserator XT has been designed to prevent corrosion not only to the Reserator but also other materials it comes into contact with, such as copper, aluminum and plastic. This provides peace of mind for long-term operation. It is to be used in conjunction with distilled water only! The coolant provided with the Reserator XT is the ZM-G300. This is exactly the same as the ZM-G200 except the bottle contains only half the amount, because the Reserator XT has a smaller radiator capacity.”

Jedda
12-16-2007, 10:46 AM
:rofl: :ROTF:

Sparky
12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
If you don't have aluminum and copper in your loop together then you don't need any anti corrosion stuff.

nomad3700
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont know if theres alu in the radiator, was not wanting to risk it? suggestions swiftech mcr220

Nate P.
12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
MCR doesn't have alu in it. All brass and copper, and no need for the anti-corrosive stuff for copper/brass.