PDA

View Full Version : cure without crunching and electrical bills

motopen1s
12-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Sorry guys, didnt want to post this into the sticky, since it is not a post about using our single, dual and quad core cpus.

I just want to tell those who do not know some alternatives and rather more healthy ways of a cure (or simply, dont have time).

Talking about Cancer - one of the main coses for it is weak immune system (just as for most of the diseases). Most of us are slowly killing it by consuming crappy fast food, living in a very electronically poluted environment etc. (I am sure most of you know about it)

I dont want to write an extract here, but anybody who is interested and want to know more - feel free to pm me or ask for an advice here.

Coming back to Cancer - research Vitamin B17 / Apricot Seeds etc... The cure is there, it is just really not needed for pharmaceutical giants just as alternative fuel for oil industry.

Keeping our thoughts and emotions 'clean' will really have a drastic effect on your health aswell... (that is probably something totally unfamiliar for most, unfortunatelly)

Fuzzy drinks? You really should try to forget about them...
Microwave? Try to use pot if you need to warm up something when you can...

In no way I am encouraging people to quit bad habbits and go 'to live in the mountains', however - I do want to point out that what you eat and drink every day affects your immune system, energy etc. - like nothing else.

Dont build illusions for yourself that pharmaceutics really cures your body. In most cases all it does is kills the simptom, but not the cause (again, dont take me wrong on this one --> medicine does do lots of good for health, but dont overestimate it). In lots of cases however - it can really make your budy even weaker.

There are tons of different practices that can drastically improve healt by themselves - and couple of them together together - bring it onto another level...

You are not required to 'push yourself' to do this or that just as to 'quite everything at once'. Most of us like eat and drink what we do, but taste do change with time. Just as when you do not smoke for a week (considering you are a smoker) it will be already much easier without sigs, then first couple of days; changing even some very little things in our habbits will really make you feel stronger and diseases go away.

Btw, those would also help you to recover much faster from one of those crazy parties on the weekend :).

Please, if what I mentioned here doesnt metter to you at all or/and you are not familiar with anything or most and not interested - just dont write anything. Feel free to ask related question, suggest one of your favorite exercise or whatever, that doest not imply like taking 10 different tabs per day at different point of time... I am sure you got the idea :)

You dont have to look for how to be healthy, you can just be healthy ;).

my 0.02 into a healthy lives of xtreme-community )

p.s. I thought I could start such a thread in here, since you do need pc's to come across most of the sources in future :). However, if its inappropriate place - please delete.

ShootStraight
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" :)

I'd agree, and I think there is much we can do to help prevent disease. However, I think thats where our level of scientific knowledge is - were really at a "preventative" level of understanding. I personally think there is merit to advancing our understanding into the "curative" and even "regenerative" levels of understanding. I think the work our machines do help, in some small way, to assist this endeavor and has some worth over and above a "cure". :up:

-SS

Magnj
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I feel you. I think if people took more care of their bodies we wouldn't have so much stuff wrong with us. I stay away from fast foods(mostly), I try to take as little medicine as possible, but it's hard to get away from some things, especially in college.

As far as the microwave...idk, I think there are a lot more waves bombarding your body than a microwave. Radio, wifi, TV, electrical lines...

[XC] gomeler
12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Most of what you state I try to live by already. I refuse to eat fast food, I'll skip a meal before I eat a burger from McDonalds, etc. I also strictly use my stove/oven for cooking food and stick with ceramic and metal plates, pots, and utensils. I forget where the study was but there was some information on chemicals in plastics leaching into water/food when cooked in the microwave. Ironically I just had my first carbonated beverage, a root beer, in recent memory. I don't count real beer as a carbonated beverage, I think I'm permitted that one desire :D I won't take pills unless I'm dying, then maybe a pain reliever till I can get some chicken soup into me. Good stuff to live by, every little bit helps.

=CDU= CNP
12-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Nothing man made is good for you . Think about it.

Sparky
12-13-2007, 12:14 PM
All this is well and good, but cancer can come even when doing the right things. My dad got cancer years ago (I wasn't more than a couple months old yet at the time) and was living healthily. Sometimes it comes and we don't know why. That is why I'm crunching.

Sure, some people bring it on themselves (smoking for example being a leading cause in lung cancer) but others like my dad get it for no apparent reason.

My dad was cured years ago, I'm thankful for that. His cancer was caught in the early stages. Melanoma I think is what he had.

phelan1777
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I think he is trying to say, in that by cutting back on the many things we use/do during the average day taht are really unecessary can greatly increase our chances of getting exposed to potential causes.

At least that is how I see it.

I agree with the OP, in that so many products on the market that are a apart of every day life and we have become so dependent on are on the short and long run only detrimental to our health and an unecessary health risk.

Mother nature has long provided us with what we NEED to thrive and procreate and we in our infinite ignorance have abused her and we are only undermining our own environment on all levels and will basically collapse in on ourselves @ some point.

I know I am no expert, but I see that as a very real possibility.

Kayin
12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Good advice, much of it I live by (in fact, I've never even tasted alcohol, nor have any reason or desire to do so) but I will bring up the fact that we're also finding treatments for genetic disorders and other problems, ones that we can't deal with so easily. I don't want to undermine the importance of your words, but rather to temper them with the fact that doing BOTH will benefit more in the long run...

SiGfever
12-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry guys, didnt want to post this into the sticky, since it is not a post about using our single, dual and quad core cpus.

I just want to tell those who do not know some alternatives and rather more healthy ways of a cure (or simply, dont have time).

Talking about Cancer - one of the main coses for it is weak immune system (just as for most of the diseases). Most of us are slowly killing it by consuming crappy fast food, living in a very electronically poluted environment etc. (I am sure most of you know about it)

I dont want to write an extract here, but anybody who is interested and want to know more - feel free to pm me or ask for an advice here.

Coming back to Cancer - research Vitamin B17 / Apricot Seeds etc... The cure is there, it is just really not needed for pharmaceutical giants just as alternative fuel for oil industry.

Keeping our thoughts and emotions 'clean' will really have a drastic effect on your health aswell... (that is probably something totally unfamiliar for most, unfortunatelly)

Fuzzy drinks? You really should try to forget about them...
Microwave? Try to use pot if you need to warm up something when you can...

In no way I am encouraging people to quit bad habbits and go 'to live in the mountains', however - I do want to point out that what you eat and drink every day affects your immune system, energy etc. - like nothing else.

Dont build illusions for yourself that pharmaceutics really cures your body. In most cases all it does is kills the simptom, but not the cause (again, dont take me wrong on this one --> medicine does do lots of good for health, but dont overestimate it). In lots of cases however - it can really make your budy even weaker.

There are tons of different practices that can drastically improve healt by themselves - and couple of them together together - bring it onto another level...

You are not required to 'push yourself' to do this or that just as to 'quite everything at once'. Most of us like eat and drink what we do, but taste do change with time. Just as when you do not smoke for a week (considering you are a smoker) it will be already much easier without sigs, then first couple of days; changing even some very little things in our habbits will really make you feel stronger and diseases go away.

Btw, those would also help you to recover much faster from one of those crazy parties on the weekend :).

Please, if what I mentioned here doesnt metter to you at all or/and you are not familiar with anything or most and not interested - just dont write anything. Feel free to ask related question, suggest one of your favorite exercise or whatever, that doest not imply like taking 10 different tabs per day at different point of time... I am sure you got the idea :)

You dont have to look for how to be healthy, you can just be healthy ;).

my 0.02 into a healthy lives of xtreme-community )

p.s. I thought I could start such a thread in here, since you do need pc's to come across most of the sources in future :). However, if its inappropriate place - please delete.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :nono:

The wife might here you and I have her convinced that I need these toys (I mean scientific computational chemistry calculation machines) to help save the world. :D

eToh
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
lmao

Sparky
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM

The wife might here you and I have her convinced that I need these toys (I mean scientific computational chemistry calculation machines) to help save the world. :D

lol :ROTF:

NickS
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
IMO its all luck. Some people smoke for 50 years and dont have cancer, never have a heart attack, etc.

Others work out, run marathons and drop dead of heart failure.. or the best one, people who haven't touched a cig all their lives and get lung cancer. :rolleyes:

phelan1777
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM

this is getting siged but changing font color so its readable................:rofl:

phicks
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
this is getting siged but changing font color so its readable................:rofl:

Thought I was just getting old and that was why I couldn't see those. :ROTF:

Movieman
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
There is merit in some of what the thread poster had to say but thats just one aspect of the problem..The cause and just part of that.
What we're trying to do is bulldoze our way through trillions of calculations to find "what causes what" and "what causes what to stop"
It's pretty much that simple and it will take years but if we say that since we can't fix it today why bother then tomorrow will never come and the reasons these damn diseases happen and how to stop them will never be known.
My attitude is if what I myself can bring to this work can cut one day off of that time and save some kids life 10 or 20 years from now it's more than worth all the work.
Now you take what I as an individual can do, then multiply that times 150 and you have the Xs WCG team( thats a pretty close number) and we are growing every month.
As a whole, we pour some pretty good firepower into this work.
My guess is that if a lab had to buy the computing power that we freely give the cost per year would be into the seven figure range.
The answer to all these diseases lies in pure computing power to researce the possibilities and no one has more of that than XS..

adamsleath
12-13-2007, 04:50 PM
anyway i agree with the 1st post. a breath of fresh air.

cancer exists for a reason.

even tho it is a horrible death.

but there are many "horrible" ways to die.

a friend of mine has gotten into the apricot seeds...a bit nutty.

i have a small secret:

i started "folding" in 2000 after my father died of cancer....and i searched the internet and other media for "cures"

i believe there are some effective treatments..particularly for killing primary tumours. (one of many being ultrasonic blasting of the primary tumours with non-invasive ultrasound ->no surgery required)

and also "chemical compounds" that have been used to neutralise the enzymes in cancer cells which allow metastasizing cancer cells to infiltrate healthy cell walls (to prevent metastasis of advanced cancers)

I do not "fold" now because i believe that cancer is a necessary population control.

freeloader
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
There is merit in some of what the thread poster had to say but thats just one aspect of the problem..The cause and just part of that.
What we're trying to do is bulldoze our way through trillions of calculations to find "what causes what" and "what causes what to stop"
It's pretty much that simple and it will take years but if we say that since we can't fix it today why bother then tomorrow will never come and the reasons these damn diseases happen and how to stop them will never be known.
My attitude is if what I myself can bring to this work can cut one day off of that time and save some kids life 10 or 20 years from now it's more than worth all the work.
Now you take what I as an individual can do, then multiply that times 150 and you have the Xs WCG team( thats a pretty close number) and we are growing every month.
As a whole, we pour some pretty good firepower into this work.
My guess is that if a lab had to buy the computing power that we freely give the cost per year would be into the seven figure range.
The answer to all these diseases lies in pure computing power to researce the possibilities and no one has more of that than XS..

Phucking Eh! (Sorry about bypassing the filter Movieman, but that deserved a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing Eh!)

Let's not forget, cancer kills 8 year old kids and we have the computational power to do something about that! I just wish I could win the lottery and build a supercomputer strictly for disease research.

Movieman
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Phucking Eh! (Sorry about bypassing the filter Movieman, but that deserved a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing Eh!)

Let's not forget, cancer kills 8 year old kids and we have the computational power to do something about that! I just wish I could win the lottery and build a supercomputer strictly for disease research.

I understand.
I would have a couple racks on the idea of what 123bob has done if I had the finances..
We all bring what we can and together we bring one hell of a lot of cpu power to this and it's that cpu power that is the answer.
I am convinced of that. There may be trillions of calculations to be done before the answers are found but they will be found if we and people like us take a stubborn approach that the work will be done.
It's funny, but Riptide said it really well one day and I can't quite remember the quote but it was on the idea of we are building the foundation now that the researchers will stand on to get the job done.

Riptide: Step in here and add that comment you made.
That said it better than I can.

SiGfever
12-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Research done by the special few today, can make a better future for the many tomorrow.

freeloader
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Research done by the special few today, can make a better future for the many tomorrow.

Sigged....:)

Duh
12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
IMO its all luck. Some people smoke for 50 years and dont have cancer, never have a heart attack, etc.

Others work out, run marathons and drop dead of heart failure.. or the best one, people who haven't touched a cig all their lives and get lung cancer. :rolleyes:
an aunt of my mum has 87 IIRC and smokes like :banana::banana::banana::banana: ( 40 cigs a day) .. although she has a male voice she is still alive

:yepp:

motopen1s
12-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Computing power for a research is a good thing - no doubt. All of you guys who are contributing to that are doing a great job. :yepp:

The question is though whether the findings, when made are in fact become available for a public or not.

I could recommend those interested to read "The Medical Mafia" (by Lanctot, 2002 edition). It's a great read (IMO) for anybody I would say.

Also, you guys may want to watch 'The Secret' (2006) if you havent already. Its pretty much for general audience (or simply those who are not yet aware of their inner strength or are on the way of exploring it). I think though it is a litle too general and focuses too much on money, hovewer the message about our thoughts and emotions is well put together and easy to understand.

The thing is, the more you go this route, the less you go the one you followed before (I am sure some of you already experience that). As for me - I can only feel the positive changes in everything, which of course I am glad about. The good thing also is that people in large numbers get the knowledge which in fact was not available for large audience at all (well, maybe only really long time ago).

The thing is that knowing many of such concepts that are explored in the sources I mentioned for example, makes life much much more easier and enjoyable. Once you experience the change - you do want (and get) only more.

Anyway, wish all of you to find the route that you will enjoy and... have fun with the hardware of course ;)

p.s. more titles that I think are great to follow...

Movieman
12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Computing power for a research is a good thing - no doubt. All of you guys who are contributing to that are doing a great job. :yepp:

The question is though whether the findings, when made are in fact become available for a public or not.

I could recommend those interested to read "The Medical Mafia" (by Lanctot, 2002 edition). It's a great read (IMO) for anybody I would say.

Also, you guys may want to watch 'The Secret' (2006) if you havent already. Its pretty much for general audience (or simply those who are not yet aware of their inner strength or are on the way of exploring it). I think though it is a litle too general and focuses too much on money, hovewer the message about our thoughts and emotions is well put together and easy to understand.

The thing is, the more you go this route, the less you go the one you followed before (I am sure some of you already experience that). As for me - I can only feel the positive changes in everything, which of course I am glad about. The good thing also is that people in large numbers get the knowledge which in fact was not available for large audience at all (well, maybe only really long time ago).

The thing is that knowing many of such concepts that are explored in the sources I mentioned for example, makes life much much more easier and enjoyable. Once you experience the change - you do want (and get) only more.

Anyway, wish all of you to find the route that you will enjoy and... have fun with the hardware of course ;)

p.s. more titles that I think are great to follow...

So hedge your bets, do the healthy living part, and also come and help us with this end..;)
You never know, yours could be the machine that makes the difference.

RSmura
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Come on now. You don't expect us to believe that Microwaves are killing us, fuzzy drinks are killing us and that Apricot seeds are the cure to cancer but nobody is taking advantage of it becuase it's not big business, do you?

EMI and EMF show no link to disease in study after study.

I'll agree that fast food is HORRIBLE and should not be considered food at all, but the rest of that is just junk science if you can even use the word science to describe it.

Healthy living is important to be sure, but the cause of all disease isn't the microwave, electronic gear and lack of apricot seeds...

motopen1s
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
2Magnj: I absolutely agree about the tones of other ways that are bombarding our bodies. We really should in fact minimize this as much as possible. I personally use mostly wired communication and only go for wireless when "it's needed".

Microwaves do have however even stronger effect I would say (well, its hard to choose a 'better' out of two evil) since the food/drinks that we warm up there is basically changes a lot and consumption of it - changes us (our energy field, our DNA etc.)

There are interesting and simple researches were made (and I repeated it at home myself). Take two same plants and water one with just fresh water and another, with water that previously was warmed up in the microwave. The 'microwaved' plans dies within a week :shakes:. After I did such experiment myself - I really took the situation with 'microwaves' much more different then I did before (heared about the issue a little bit, but ignored since "common - its fine, we all do it for a long time"). No doubt, our bodies can and do come through some heavy torture. Also think about the % of water that our bodies consist of. (well, I could probably also mention here researches and experience, showing that water has memory or can be 'charged' by words, thoughts and emotions --> carying that 'charge' with it afterwards)

After reading some really interesting stuff on the effect of cellphones - I bought myself a bluetooth handsfree to use (I know, its also wireless, however the signal it sends/recieves is much weaker... its also the one from sony ericsson that is not tied to your head). Now I love it too :D (can talk for hours while driving, knowing that I dont cook my brain).

2gomeler: glad you are on the this route ;). Dont know, as for me - Mc.Donalds just taste like a complete :bs: ... It really felt different thought when I did eat big macks there some 5-6 years ago. I still enjoy a lot of fast food today though. But, luckely here in Berlin, there are places where guys pretty much make all the ingredients themselve - it is fresh and taste great :). I've heared from a good friend of mine (he is from US), that in states it is (McDonalds) of even a poorer quality then here (even more?!). Well, no wonder that with all those additives people are still eating there...

2=CDU= CNP: thinking in that way could really make it so for you ;)
(but I know what you mean by that)

2SparkyJJO: glad that things turned good for your dead. The thing is however, and that is what so crazy about the whole thing - that 'we' do know what couses cancer, but - it is been told to public that it is a 'mistery'.

2Phelan: ... "infinite ignorance" cant agree more :rolleyes: ... Luckely it is really upon us though to change with all that.

2Kayin: glad that you are and also agree that 'both' of the things can do even better. But, honestly - this kind of research is really like ~20% max of overall 'score' (IMO). The presentaged seemed much larger for me some years ago, but not anymore.

SiGfever -----> :up:

2NickS: there is a little more then that ;)... the sources I suggested in my previous post would show you some of it...

2Movieman: I see your point and agree to it to the extend. The thing is, that unless you are interested in ""what causes what" and "what causes what to stop"" in turms of some kind of biological names and chemical formulas - crunching is not really needed, since it is in fact known of what couses what. I would recomend you to also run through the sources I mentioned in my previous post to see what I am talking about more...

Also, already was mentioned in this thread many things that people clearly see as harmfull and summing them up all together, you can imagine the effect on us. However - its a top of the iceberg nevertheless. The effect of consumtion of pretty much anything can be reduced as well as increased (just as when the patients are eating a 'plane pill' and are told its a medicine recover or get better faster...).

All this stuff might be hard to understand or can be seemed as unimportant. This information is not 'out threre' for a reason though. And, since we pretty much judge from experience and never (in most cases) were told about those issues in childhood or, of course, from TV (well, 99% of the time; and even if there is some kind of a really important topic related to health, in many cases it is being labeled as 'theory' by the reporter thus, taking away the interest of the person watching the program)...

Its really good though, that other then realizing everything ourselve, there are many people who already did see 'whats going on' and communicate the message to the public (mostly books, documentaries and of course numerious practices).

2SiGfever: I agree that the research could help up to many tomorrow. But, why first poison and then try to 'cure'? I dont think that those prescribed something like Ritalin for their whole life really get any kind of help or have bright future (took a litle negative example but comon, isnt that is the general method of medicine for treatment?)

It is also very important, that many researchers came up to the conclusion that, in fact, its not only allergy that have a psychosomatic couse but any of the dis-eases. (well this is couses a huge effect and just gets stronger with our way of living and consumtion as well as 'genetical hystory' that we recieve from the parents etc.) It is very hard to realize in todays world and the messages that are broadcusted to all of us, however many more people do realize it each day... The change is already here... Granted, it's all reaquired at least some personal experience to change the believes that are there and substitude them with totally a new one, but - once you just ready and do a first step - experience will not wait...

motopen1s
12-14-2007, 12:38 PM
So hedge your bets, do the healthy living part, and also come and help us with this end..;)
You never know, yours could be the machine that makes the difference.

I'd rather bring real change in peoples lives by spreading the word ;). Though, when I will build up new rig (now only laptop is available) - it will definatelly take its part in crunching ;)

motopen1s
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Come on now. You don't expect us to believe that Microwaves are killing us, fuzzy drinks are killing us and that Apricot seeds are the cure to cancer but nobody is taking advantage of it becuase it's not big business, do you?

I do not expect you to believe this (though, since you are already reading this topic, I think that sooner or later you will be coming up to such conclusion yourselve, doing research and experiencing the change). The truth is however that all that trashes our bodies and whats even more important, brakes out the connection with our innerselves (intuition etc.) and :banana: our energy field (I am not expecting majority to know about it or in fact the effect that it makes on our lives... but, the fact that we do not see microwaves our any other waves - does not mean they do not exist).

For example our eyes see only a fraction of electromagnetic spectrum, which is currently estimated to be only ~0.005 per cent of what is said to exist in the universe. Science (mainstream) and medicine however is mostly (almost completely?) is focused on "what we see", basically ignoring everything else as well as kind of saying - that "everything else is not really important though"... Its like when what is called official science was saying that 95% of DNA is junk DNA :D ... really like a joke (ohh well, now 'it' changed the opinion)... Here I am rather talking about our thoughts, emotions, 'psychosomatic' couse for this or that, energy field etc., then the 'need' of exploring lets say dark energy.

You see where I am going? ;)
Its a little (a lot?) too much focusing on something that is rather an outcome, then the couse... It is focused on 5 sences, ignoring the rest (for a reason). More and more people however see that importance of 'everything else' is rather much greater then we are to believe and has a drastically bigger effect on our lives that one ever could think.

Movieman
12-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd rather bring real change in peoples lives by spreading the word ;). Though, when I will build up new rig (now only laptop is available) - it will definatelly take its part in crunching ;)

Fair enough. There is good in both methods.
Now when you go to build that crunching rig, come here and the guys will give you excellent knowledge how to get the most for your dollar..or mark..:D

RSmura
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I refuse to be drawn any further into this arguement. The things you are spouting are mostly complete non-sense. Science does NOT just focus on the tiny fraction of what we see. That is complete horse pucky. Instead of watching the x-files and taking that as gospel science, go enroll in a science class. Arguing this point any further with you will be like arguing evolution with someone that believes the world is 6000 years old. I'm all for religon if it helps you deal with life, but come on now. 6000 years?

RSmura
12-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I suppose the government is hiding that magic carbeurator that runs on water and gets 250 miles per gallon, right? Hold on, I'm getting some interference with your thought pattern, let me put on my aluminum helmet. sheesh. crunching isn't needed. the cause of cancer is completely known. are you for real?

ShootStraight
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
What the BLEEP?

-SS

Kayin
12-14-2007, 01:50 PM
You know, before we start flaming, he didn't say that crunching was useless, or that he wasn't gonna do it. While I agree some (SOME) of the science is spurious, I do know of quite a few treatments that are practically unavailable only because of big business, including a practical "cure" (not quite, but close enough) for my genetic syndrome, that is held up in "testing" because I pay thousands a year in medication otherwise...

I don't think this was meant as an argument but as two sides of the same coin. Live and let live, folks. He came to crunch too. We all aim to fight the same enemy, not each other.

And besides, if you wanna debate evolution vs. creationism, you debate a theologian. My PM box is open. Don't take a layman to a scientific debate.

Movieman
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
After numerous PM's over this from people I respect for "putting their money where their mouth is" I'm going to do us all a favor and close this thread.

To motopen1s:
Thank you for your opinions.
Please feel free to come back to the WCG section when you get that new machine built and we'll be glad to have you join us in what we are trying to accomplish.