PDA

View Full Version : what COULD Google do?

Daveb2012
12-13-2007, 12:38 AM
My imagination is set off, and sparked by the power that a company like Google has. It seems its hardly recognized. It gets me thinking, what could Google do, if they were SO determined to do one thing they desired.

Google market cap right now is sitting at 218.78 Billion dollars. They have almost no debt, there momentum toward growth has been non stop. Just the last 3 months they made over 4.25 billion. But money is only one factor. Google seems to be unstoppable. It seems to me if Google wanted to, they could do any thing in the world thats possible if they really wanted too. Could they create a superior more widely used OS then Microsoft? Sure, in fact isn't that one of there goals already? could they make a superior phone then any handset provider? Can they make a more popular selling MP3 player then the Ipod? could they sell more cars then more cars then Toyota!? Could they drive Intel into bankruptcy? Who knows, I just feel like they could do any thing they wanted too, imagine the power. What other crazy things do you guys think Google could potentially wanted too, if they made that there #1 goal as a company?

DTU_XaVier
12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Buy all the world's food-surplus and distribute it evenly amongst every poor country in the world, making sure that some idiotic dictator doesn't come along and take everything, by hiring an army of mercenaries...
Then they could invest a whole lot of money in green energy development (fusion preferably)...

Afterwards I just want them to give the rest to charity...
What DOES Google actually do with all that money? :confused:

Best Regards :toast:

mike047
12-13-2007, 02:07 AM
They will/could make more MONEY, as all good corporate citizens do.:cool:

If it is not in their direct interest to improve their bottom line, they won't do it.

m0da
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
well, it seems one of their near future plans involves dominating the cell phone industry.
get this: pay for an ad-supported cool-looking phone. get free internet anywhere. i'm thinking streaming video/etc comes as well, this new network will be stronger than the 3G network, no joke. loop up the 700mhz frequency and google's plans regarding it.

MotF Bane
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Take over the world, one server farm at a time?

Fujimitsu
12-13-2007, 12:14 PM
They're bidding on the unused TV signal spectrum after the FCC goes digital I believe.

They also plan to invest more in "green" energy research than the US government by 2010.

Daveb2012
12-14-2007, 02:36 AM
well, it seems one of their near future plans involves dominating the cell phone industry.
get this: pay for an ad-supported cool-looking phone. get free internet anywhere. i'm thinking streaming video/etc comes as well, this new network will be stronger than the 3G network, no joke. loop up the 700mhz frequency and google's plans regarding it.

Thats what I'm talking about, if the wrong people were running this company, and you crossed them they potentially could just take your company out. They are so powerful I think we will see this as the years pass. I think Google is a great stock to own still despite all the economic troubles US has.

Yakyb
12-21-2007, 06:37 AM
sad to put this down as i dont want to start a anti AMD thread but

buy AMD? surely they must have discussed it at some point

DTU_XaVier
12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
sad to put this down as i dont want to start a anti AMD thread but

Would surely give AMD some much needed financial aid... But I think they'd just shut them down on an enthusiast-level... Google never made a lot of money on enthusiasts anyway....

xlink
12-22-2007, 02:57 AM
one word answer -

:banana::banana::banana::banana::rofl:

cadaveca
12-22-2007, 03:36 AM

I've actually been awaiting such an announcement, or at least an influx of cash, from google, to AMD. Simple contract stipulating payback be in hardware of various flavas over the course of several years.

But then again, I cannot see Google execs running a semi-conductor company. Hardware is a slightly different world than software(where google is now), so while it would be an easy buy for Google, I do not think that those in charge @ AMD would go for it...

Google VS Intel VS nVidia...doesn't seem right to me...:D