PDA

View Full Version : silverstone TJ09 plans

oerekum
12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Hello all,

I would like some opinions on a plan I've been cooking up. Currenly I am working on a CPU/NB loop in my SST TJ09. (It's not even done yet and I''m already making new stuff up >_< ) I have mounted a MCR320 in the top of the case, exhausting. I have the back fan as intake.

Now, I thought, I might be able to cool my GPU with that.. But for futureproofing (and lots of fun) I thought of a way to dual loop it.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9183/planqi7.jpg

Ok so.. that's very basic I know. (No photoshop or wacom drivers on this pc)
But the idea is to hang one of those new mcr220's with a reservoir at the back, with a radbox. Mount a D5 on the motherboard tray, pumping into an MCW60 block. I would use the default hose drill holes in the TJ09 (by my guessing they line up pretty well with the radiator barb holes).

My thought at the moment is the air flow.. Currently the back fan is feeding the top mounted radiator with cool air, though with the radbox I'd rather have air going the opposite direction. Would it be doable to have some sort of devider in the radbox so that fresh air is pulled in both directions? Or wouldn't that be needed, since the radbox is fairly open?

Something in this trend:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2867/radboxflowpj0.jpg

I'd like to see someone else's view on this idea, maybe I'm being over ambitious here?

Thanks

Darkatom
12-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I originally had a mcr220 rad mounted up top with the same fan orientation as yours. With that method my temps suffered alot. So I flipped the rad fans to pull from the top which dropped my cpu temps 8c idle/load. Hanging a res as well off the back doesnt sound to "pretty".

Talonman
12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I love the TJ09.

This is my build so far, and I opted to go external cooling.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160606

WaterKeg Xtreme was received today. Now I need that darn EK NB block to put everything back togeather.

oerekum
12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
I originally had a mcr220 rad mounted up top with the same fan orientation as yours. With that method my temps suffered alot. So I flipped the rad fans to pull from the top which dropped my cpu temps 8c idle/load. Hanging a res as well off the back doesnt sound to "pretty".

Hmm, I thought it wouldn't be that much of a difference. What you did in your avatar looks interesting, do you have a worklog or some more pictures?

EDIT: Oh and, any specific reason why a reservoir hanging on the back would be bad? (the reservoir/radiator combo in this case)

Raxxath
12-13-2007, 07:45 AM
EDIT: Oh and, any specific reason why a reservoir hanging on the back would be bad? (the reservoir/radiator combo in this case)

I don't think he realized you were talking about the Swiftech radiator/res combo model. I think that's a good way to save space, as long as it works properly, but I haven't heard much about it.

oerekum
12-13-2007, 09:04 AM
its supposed to perform as well as the regular mcr220, which means about 300 watts off the top off my head. Which should be more than enough for a graphics card (maybe one of those dual pcb things in the future).

Still though, I don't know how to set up airflow properly in my case without sacrificing too much.