PDA

View Full Version : ummm the pump

SGW87
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
hi,

got all my watercooling stuff now and hoping to install it this weekend, one thing that is baffling me is the pump, once i got everything connected and fill my res with feser1 is it a case of turning the pc on and letting the pump start and then turning it off and topping up a bit before restarting again or is there an easier way ?

Thanks in advance :)

NaeKuh
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
no. Bleeding process is also the part where most newbie's mess up because they get inpatient.

Then they get a bubble stuck in a block, or the rad, and complain about bad temps.

Your doing it the correct way OP. It takes patience to get your system fully bleed. But its very important to do so b4 you go live.

Xilikon
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes, it's a pita but a necessary evil to make sure everything is fully bleed before running. I took almost 2 hours trying to bleed with a tiny 3/8" T-line (the Microres is being RMA for a leak and I loved this reservoir for the ease of filling/bleeding).

SGW87
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
next question might sound a bit dull :) using my psu to power the pump what else if any, would have to be connected? or is it just a simple case of connect the pump thru the molex and turn the unit on ?

Xilikon
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Yes, just connect the pump thru the molex and turn the unit on. However, it's never a good idea to do this repeately with everything connected. It's easier and safer to unplug the motherboard and the drives leaving only the pump connected then jump the ATX connector (use a paper clip and plug in the green wire with any black wire) and use the PSU switch at the back to do the bleeding process.

SGW87
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
paperclip sounds like the best way to do it :) aslong as i dont blow myself up :rofl: i will have to have a quick mock set up on friday night to prepare for the weekend attack:D

Kurz
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Black and Green I believe.
http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/psumod/

CyberDruid
12-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Like you mentioned stopping and starting is a great help in breaking out the air that gets trapped in the reservoir and blocks. I also tip and rock the case (gently) to work the air out of the lines.

Nate P.
12-10-2007, 03:51 PM
heres some more info as to green and black= ground on the lock side of connector
Looks like there are grounds on both sides.

Kurz
12-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Or string lots of fans.