PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Tweak Anything I Missed

oc jason
07-12-2002, 04:43 AM
I have just recently built my first intel rig, consisting of 2.26b, BD7II(IT7 soon), Mushkin pc3000. And a ti4600 on the way. I know I have the right parts to get a score that will lower one of those VR guys off the 3d totem pole. I just need some advicve on what to do.

My system is at 2.8 right now. 165x17. 2-5-2-2, Enhanced DRAM performance. set to /4 clock. I have not yet added any vcore, but if I need to I will do the VID PIN mod of 4-3-2 and get 1.85vcore. I have no problem with that.

( I will be using Mr Naturals BIOS) What will get faster mem performance, maybe a faster FSB. I have not really even tested it but i am pretty sure 170 is possible. Should I use maybe the option to lock bus at 33mhz, or just use the highest divider that it will run at stable. Will a faster bus get more performance correct. What ratio's are good By SPD, or 1:1 or 3:4

OS: I use winxp, that is pretty visually tweaked, like some of the extra bloat features are turned off and alot of the services are disabled via msconfig and the services in CP. After a clean botup I run about 72mb of mem. That is about the same as my 2k install so I figure its ok. Will win2k make a huge differnece ?

I use RivaTuner and the tweaks that hardass and mr icee sent me that got a few hundered more points. When running 3dmark i go to task manager and set to real time priority, also my harddrive is always defragged.

Just wondering if I missed anything, I hold the online 3dmark record for a normal GF2 Pro, non Ti or Ultra model at over 6500 marks. So I do know a bit about video tweaks. Last thing will I do better with faster timings or slower timings but a faster overall FSB

N8
07-12-2002, 05:01 AM
Regarding your PCI bus, l' think that your best score will come from either locking in or using the divider that will allow the highest stable PCI speed.

OS: From what I've read, Win2k is the stuff for AMD, but WinXP is the way to go w/ an Intel. I don't think u'd gain much if not lose points in switching to 2k.

RivaTuner: If MrIcee set you up there, ur set ;)

Good luck! Go kick some arse :D

Jupiler
07-16-2002, 01:21 AM
If memory can hold, try running with the 3:4 option. At 170, it will give you a very nice 227Mhz and will increase your score more than with the 1:1 option.
I think that 2.5-7-3-3 for the memory should give you a stable oc at that speed (227 Mhz)

[N8] said it all, nothing more to add to this. Good luck with it and make us proud.:)

DDTUNG
07-16-2002, 05:19 AM
I think you will need to Vmod and super-cool your Ti4600 to take the VR boys. OPP is the one who can help you out the most, since he has had extensive benching time with the hardware that you mentioned.

Good luck and go get them.

DDTUNG:cool:

Creative
07-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Your system sounds identicle to the one Im picking up tomorrow. Im getting the 2.26b NW and a BD7-II raid and already have the Gainward Ti4600 and Corsair 512meg XMS3000 that I know was good for 200 in my old 8k3a+ :)

Look forward to your results. Someone told me 14k wasnt out of the question :D

Raptor
07-19-2002, 05:35 AM
you'll never take us down... muhahahahaha... <- VR-Zone 3DMark Moderator... :D