PDA

View Full Version : Community TSC

glennpat
12-08-2007, 05:14 AM
I noticed we recently had a 700 point vault loss in TSC. We went from 31st place to 60th. Looks like it may have been a result of a team member no longer being on our team and the points leaving with the member. I wasn't on the team and can't really tell for sure.

I signed up on TSC last night. I haven't really looked much into the project, but have returned a few results. It seems like it is a good project.

leviathon-nz
12-08-2007, 11:42 AM
looks to be that XS_parts went awol not too sure what happened there:confused: Altogether not a bad project though, uses the sengent client for those that are familiar with d2ol. I might jump back on board for awhile and see how we go though getting that many points back is going to be a long haul project:(

KaptainBlaZzed
12-08-2007, 12:05 PM
how do the points work in this project?

how many points per day can you get from a quad?

glennpat
12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
You get 1 point per result sent back. I think I will be doing around 200 points per day on 1 core of a E6600 at 2.4 Gig. I am also running EON on it.

[XC] gomeler
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks like we got the points back, gained back 693 points in the Vault. 416 points in PSP-PRP also, congrats guys :up:

glennpat
12-08-2007, 01:27 PM
gomeler;2613257']Looks like we got the points back, gained back 693 points in the Vault. 416 points in PSP-PRP also, congrats guys :up:

That's great news on TSC! KaptainBlaZzed has been doing some super crunching on PSP-PRP. Nice Work!

XS_parts
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah, I was trying to attract a little attention to get someone to look at my account. I had updated my email addy, and as a result had been placed in a queue to wait for an admin to give me posting permissions again. And that took several days, and anyway, I'm back posting now at last. Whatta struggle!

Anyway, are there any intents on running the TSC tally up, and if so to what point?

leviathon-nz
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I think the main purpose would have been to gain back the points if you had left on a more permanent basis but since that doesn't apply I don't see much of a point in it.

XS_parts
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't think this would be too bad a project to crunch to get some more dc-vault points. There's some relatively easy ground to get some higher team positions here without having to do too much extra crunching before it starts getting difficult.

Are we doing any dc-vault gaming at this point in time here? Just wondering before I devote some systems to it. The work units seem to crunch a little faster than the d2ol units.

XS_parts
02-13-2008, 09:20 AM
hmmmm..... I think I feel a bit like "the Lone Stranger" on this project. :welcome:

glennpat
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
hmmmm..... I think I feel a bit like "the Lone Stranger" on this project. :welcome:

Hi "the Lone Stranger":wave: I just put one lonely core on it. Most likely will be putting some more on it a little in the future.

XS_parts
02-13-2008, 05:45 PM
yeah, there's some relatively easy DCV points to be made here not to mention making some points on a project that we don't have many points on. :up:

XS_parts
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Up to team position #61 today. Just climbing along. :) Sure is nice to see your points on this too glennpat!! :D

Paladin
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm planning on throwing a few hamsters at this for a bit. How different is this app from the D2OL one? Twin sisters?

XS_parts
02-15-2008, 07:59 PM
yeah, pretty much so. I think this one runs just a tad bit faster than the d2ol one, but not very much.

Paladin
02-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to modify (like change the WU server/port) my D2OL installs to do TSC work? I tried the TSC installer and it hangs on WinXP64.

KaptainBlaZzed
02-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Is there a way to modify (like change the WU server/port) my D2OL installs to do TSC work? I tried the TSC installer and it hangs on WinXP64.

http://www.childhooddiseases.org/cgi-tsc/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000104

XS_parts
02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey hey hey --- I see we even got a point from Kaptain BlaZzed! :D

And we are now at team position #26 today and rocking along. A ways to go yet for gathering some more DCV points before the going begins to steepen really noticeably.

@Paladin -- I couldn't give you an answer on the server port change. You probably need to get on the TSC Forum and shoot a note to Adam on that one.

edit: I took a look at the URL Kaptain BlaZzed referenced that kb9... posted on the TSC forum. He hangs out at the ARS forum posting about daily, so if that doesn't take care of your issue you could most likely reach him pretty quickly over there and someone there should be able to fix you up with a solution.

KaptainBlaZzed
02-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey hey hey --- I see we even got a point from Kaptain BlaZzed! :D

And we are now at team position #26 today and rocking along. A ways to go yet for gathering some more DCV points before the going begins to steepen really noticeably.

@Paladin -- I couldn't give you an answer on the server port change. You probably need to get on the TSC Forum and shoot a note to Adam on that one.

edit: I took a look at the URL Kaptain BlaZzed referenced that kb9... posted on the TSC forum. He hangs out at the ARS forum posting about daily, so if that doesn't take care of your issue you could most likely reach him pretty quickly over there and someone there should be able to fix you up with a solution.

There will be more points where that one came from. I have something for the D2OL client, i just like it. I will slowly be adding more machines to TSC.

i am running server 2003 x64 and to get it to run i had to install the client on to a machine running XP and copy the files over to the other machine.

[XC] riptide
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I think its a good project. I'm going to see what damage I can do.

EDIT: How the hell do I get the client to run more than one client on multi cores?

Hmm seems like sombody needs to write a XS install guide? :para:

XS_parts
02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
@riptide -- just install them in different directories ie \tsc01 and \tsc02 and be sure and rename the batch file before you install the second one so you don't overwirite it. :)

Good to see you!! :)

XS_parts
02-16-2008, 05:28 PM
There will be more points where that one came from. I have something for the D2OL client, i just like it. I will slowly be adding more machines to TSC.

i am running server 2003 x64 and to get it to run i had to install the client on to a machine running XP and copy the files over to the other machine.

yeah I had a time getting it going on vista the first time I tried that. How-some-ever I only run the stuff now under linux. Much less hassle, at least to me. :)

[XC] riptide
02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
@riptide -- just install them in different directories ie \tsc01 and \tsc02 and be sure and rename the batch file before you install the second one so you don't overwirite it. :)

Good to see you!! :)

I'll try that now. heres another issue. :rolleyes: *sigh* My main machine is connected directly to the net. My other machines are connected to the main via wireless. The nodes on the other machines can't connect and get work. Internet is working fine on them... just the damn nodes are not getting work.

EDIT1: What batch file?

EDIT2: Hmm.,.. I think this is a network issue. A MTU size issue I had before. I'll report back.

EDIT3: Right. MTU size dropped. Everything working fine now. Installed in diff folders and multiple clients working. :)

XSPARTS: I hereby nominate you to compose a guide and post said guide in the DC VAULT sub forum. :D Who agrees say 'YaY'

Paladin
02-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Great! Looking forward to that Guide, XS_Parts! :clap:

Just use another computer to do the installs. Run the installer. When asked for an e-mail address stop the process by clicking the little red X in the upper right corner and then cut/paste the SengentD2OL folder to the Windows 2003 Program Files folder. Make a shortcut to the Startup folder on the Start Button and start up the client. It will ask for your email adderss and register a new Node ID.

Can someone make & post an archive of the folder at the stage listed above? I don't have any normal WinXP rigs up & running at the moment nor VMWare installed anymore.

XS_parts
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I can do a guide for the linux people if they want one, but I'm not a windows person, and have zero windows systems running here at home. Once upon a horse I did have a windows XP system. I never had the problem with it in the install as referenced to the kb9 url. I just did a new install to a directory named \dc\d2ol_01 and it installed fine. I then changed the properties on the batch file to run d2ol to rename it d2ol_01. I never installed to the "program files" directory like windows tries to get you to do. My second excursion with windows was with Vista, where the install errored out. I ended up having to set the install file to run in "XP compatibility" mode. It then installed fine. However both windows installations were with using the "java included" install file. And I had instability problems with them down the road. Where my problems started was if I set the queue value to 500 for instance, and the after filling the queue, and then setting the client to run "offline" for a day or so, then the client would go squirrelie on me. When I would set the client then to go online, it would lock up on me, wouldn't upload the completed units. So then I'd have to close and restart the client, and about half the time I would lose all the completed clients that should have been uploaded. I just got tired of dinking with it and ended up just running everything in linux and never had any further problems. I don't run any boinc clients. The only other stuff I run are d2ol, a couple non-boinc math projects, and OGR, and then I've messed a little with moneybee. The other issue is that I just didn't have the money to go purchase windows for all my crunchers so I always used linux except for when I used to have two windows deck top systems before I retired from the IT world and had them only for doing work related work at home. Since I don't work in IT anymore there's no reason for windows.

So the bottom line is someone else that has solid running windows installations needs to do the windows set up thing.

KaptainBlaZzed
02-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Almost everything on this page can be applied to TSC. :yepp:

Anytime you see "D2OL" replace it with "TSC" and you should be good to go.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43195

[XC] riptide
02-17-2008, 02:15 PM
XS Parts? How many dammit rigs you got running on this?

XS_parts
02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
riptide;2778067']XS Parts? How many dammit rigs you got running on this?

:shrug:

maybe fifteen or so. sometimes more, sometimes less. some are X2's, some aren't. :D

Just some excess parts I have laying around. :)

XS_parts
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
We were the 3rd highest point contributing team yesterday, behind BroadBand Reports and those pesky cows! We are rocking right along, looks like settling out around 6,000 points a day which is really great! :) Definitely making an impact on our DCV points. :D

KaptainBlaZzed
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Just put the 5120's on TSC. They should be good for ~800 ppd.

glennpat
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I added a core on another box a couple of days ago and noticed it wasn't increasing my score. Found out that I needed add the node in my account on TSC. I have 3 cores running this now.

glennpat
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
I added one more core. Those are really nice numbers Excess_Parts and Riptide. It takes a lot to get those kind of number on here.

XS_parts
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Team spot #25 now!!! :D

We be rocking along! :clap:

[XC] riptide
02-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Ya! We bes taking some serious names in the next few weeks.

Paladin
02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Alms? :( Zip file "\CommunityTSC\*" alms for 32-bit-less installers. :help:

Or a link to a version with a 64-bit Windows compatible installer.

[XC] riptide
02-20-2008, 06:56 PM

Hurry up Paladin. I just passed you in teh DCR ranks yesterday. :lol:../.

even though its flawed to bits...

XS_parts
02-20-2008, 07:28 PM

What 64-bit windows version you using? I loaded d2ol on XP-64 before okay. TSC should do exactly the same. If it's on Vista, then you need to use the 32-bit installer but you need to set the installer to run in XP compatibility mode and then it should install okay.

Of course the easiest way is to just make a dual boot system and put one of the linux versions on it and run it under that. Much much less problems.

XS_parts
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
So how far up the line do we want to run this TSC effort?

edit: I just happened to look at the stats, and your 148 point upload there KaptainBlaZzed just put us over the top of Team Ninja and spot #24. :) And leaves us about 18,000 or so until the next overtake.

KaptainBlaZzed
02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I am planning on ramping up TSC quite a bit.

I am going for 100K at the least.

Paladin
02-21-2008, 08:58 AM
riptide;2786264']Hurry up Paladin. I just passed you in teh DCR ranks yesterday. :lol:../.

Heh, I haven't updated Bok's stats with all the projects I'm in for a long long time. Even have some nice points in "just in case it goes Vault" projects. ;)

What 64-bit windows version you using? I loaded d2ol on XP-64 before okay. TSC should do exactly the same.

Yes, you'd think so. The D2OL installer went through fine when I jumped in to help the D2OL team a bit ago, but the CommunityTSC one just hangs. Rigs are Quad and Crunch in my sig. Only other 24/7 rig is Allendale which is Ubuntu64 so shouldn't have a problem. Dual boot's not an option.

External forum thread which someone linked to here said only option for this known problem was to copy the directory from a WinXP32 install.

KaptainBlaZzed
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
External forum thread which someone linked to here said only option for this known problem was to copy the directory from a WinXP32 install.

That is what i have to do. D2OL/TSC does not like server 2003 32 or 64 bit.

XS_parts
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry gents but I'm gonna have to cool my jets for a while. :(

[XC] riptide
02-22-2008, 06:05 PM

Why?

KaptainBlaZzed
02-23-2008, 08:21 AM

What is going on??

I just added the 5420's and a Q6600. I now have 16 cores on TSC.

Paladin
02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Just added a couple of Linux64 cores. One difference I noticed is that even when launched with the "controller:cli" option, it still forces a GUI to pop up which has to be closed with the ToggleAgent ("ta") command.

XS_parts
02-28-2008, 11:15 PM
riptide;2791124']Why?

bucks

KaptainBlaZzed
03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
XS Parts nice dump today 53K:shocked:

XS_parts
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
The dump was just finishing getting points and stuff aligned for shutting down. Costs and all have just become too much for me to keep crunching away like before. I may put some points up now and then but the good old days are over.

Paladin
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
riptide;2786264']Hurry up Paladin. I just passed you in teh DCR ranks yesterday. :lol:../.

Heh, I haven't updated Bok's stats with all the projects I'm in for a long long time. Even have some nice points in "just in case it goes Vault" projects. ;)

Okay, I finally updated my DCR config.
http://stats.free-dc.org/users/dcr.php
Bring it on. ;)

[XC] riptide
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
^^^LOL Son of a b1tch! Up 43 places. LOL Ya. Well. I'll get you in the end. ;)

glennpat
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Okay, I finally updated my DCR config.
http://stats.free-dc.org/users/dcr.php
Bring it on. ;)

I noticed today that my DCR points in EON went down by about 8 points. I looked to see why and the why was "Paladin" :). The DCR stuff is kinda fun and adds a little more spice to this vault stuff.

Paladin
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
riptide;2904539']I'll get you in the end. ;)

LOL, only if I'm sleeping. :bananal: :rofl: ;)

[XC] riptide
04-10-2008, 06:56 AM
LOL, only if I'm sleeping. :bananal: :rofl: ;)

You virtually are. Since I last asked you about your DCR in this thread, I've moved from ~130 to ~123. I reckon in 6 months I'll have you. :cool: :yepp: