PDA

View Full Version : Silent Fans

Svenn
07-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Well, I was contemplating putting this in the air cooling or liquid cooling section but I decided it would be better here since most people with air cooling are looking for higher air flow and not worried as much about noise... Anyway, here goes.

I just got some 80mm and 120mm Enermax adjustable fans today and since the case they are going in hasn't arrived, I decided to test a 120mm to see how loud it was. I was amazed... I'm used to these 45 dBa fans on the side of my case droning in my ears 24/7. I unplugged them and plugged in the Enermax fan and it was almost silent, even at the highest setting. Not only that, but the air flow on the ones I have now is somewhere between 90-130cfm... I'm not sure. I'm thinking 130cfm. Anyway, these Enermax fans are rated at about 95cfm on full speed, and it showed. They seemed only slightly less powerful then my current fans, but at a MUCH lower noise level. I can't wait to get my case and the rest of my cooling parts in to see how quiet it is. Now if only I could get the money to buy the parts to put in the case...

EDIT: Enermax Adjustable Speed 120mm Fan (http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/19/108.htm?94)
I got mine from newegg, but they don't have any info on the fans there.

Paul.K
07-12-2002, 06:35 AM
I just collected two papst 120mm fans.... completely silent.

Paul....