PDA

View Full Version : Developer needed for VGA BIOS Editor

W1zzard
12-05-2007, 05:32 AM
is anyone here interested in starting a VGA BIOS editor project?

I would do it myself but I really don't have the time to handle another project.
You don't need to know everything about BIOS formats, but should know a bit about hex editing etc.
I can provide most of the info you are going to need for the actual implementation of the modification process.

You should know your stuff in your programming language though (C++ / MFC or C# preferred). This is a great opportunity to enhance your skills and give back to the community.

Planet
12-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey. I would be willing to give it a shot. I still have some stuff to learn about C++ but I am pretty decent. Still learning about hex editing and what not. I have messed with it but not to indepth.

HamidFULL
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
your solution is Mvktech.net Staff he wrote Nibitor Tools and he update this program every month I sent his to contact to you in a PM ;)

Cooper
12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Unwinder - author of RivaTuner - probably may be interested in this project too
He can be found on guru3D forums.

vudulord
12-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Sound like fun and I would love to try. Programming is just a hobby for me only, so don't expect too much from me.

Abit about myself:
I have tried to port my YAMB bot (diablo2 bot, java script) to C# as a way to learn C#, but never get to finish it, as the dotnet core for the bot didn't get finish by Mattlant. Back then, I was known as Sumo. Probably still have the account on Blizzhackers.org and www.edgeofnowhere.cc.

Lately, I have been playing around with C# and Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel for some automate task.

As for hexing. Do hexing saved game count? :)

Mavke
12-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Unwinder - author of RivaTuner - probably may be interested in this project too
He can be found on guru3D forums.
Somehow I doubt that Unwinder would be interested casue if else that would have been done already. Unwinder is mainly interested in the software tweaks...

W1zzard
12-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Somehow I doubt that Unwinder would be interested casue if else that would have been done already. Unwinder is mainly interested in the software tweaks...

i talk to unwinder on a daily basis. he's very busy with rl things and definitely does not have the time to start another project

MuffinFlavored
12-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I'd be willing to help. I know C/C++, and have tons of free time to dedicate to the project.

W1zzard
12-15-2007, 06:19 AM
I'd be willing to help. I know C/C++, and have tons of free time to dedicate to the project.

sounds great, do you have an instant messenger?

MuffinFlavored
12-17-2007, 05:36 PM
sounds great, do you have an instant messenger?

AIM - XMuffinFlavoredX
MSN - ShiningHolden@gmail.com
E-Mail - ShiningHolden@gmail.com

oanvoanc
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
that sounds really interesting

-> bookmarked ;)

MuffinFlavored
01-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, so far so good.
W1zzard knows way more than I know, seeing how I know barley anything.

I am willing to take interface suggestions.
Right now, there is a tab where you can open your BIOS, it is pasted into a large text control, and you can do raw hex dump editing.
Then, I am working on another tab where things like boot message, error message, core clock, voltage, and things in that nature are all editable.

I would say it is 10% done. :P
W1zzard is a big help. He expected that I could the project on my own, and I am not skilled enough. I am trying as hard as I can.

I am open for any suggestions, and I will attempt to use them.

GoThr3k
01-08-2008, 06:48 AM

same here

Kai Robinson
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I have a copy of IDA Pro 4.8....and Visual C++ 2005, if that helps...and i'm more than willing to be a Beta tester :)

[XC] gomeler
02-07-2008, 04:19 PM
I can beta/alpha test also, so long as it doesn't do any irreversible damage. Just shoot me a PM.

wittekakker
02-09-2008, 04:21 AM

What about Nibitor? Great opportunity to improve it.
Besides this, I have a new tool which allows be Flashing my NVIDIA card in Windows. I have it on cd, haven't really tried it out yet. Decompilling it might give you guys a view on how they did the trick.

EDIT: lol, this thread is getting aged, I noticed only now :D

GoThr3k
02-09-2008, 07:20 AM
started yesterday, needed some time to rest after my exams.
I can open a bios and open it in a listview for now.

MuffinFlavored
02-09-2008, 09:50 AM
started yesterday, needed some time to rest after my exams.
I can open a bios and open it in a listview for now.

I haven't touched it for a while.

I can read the values that W1zzard provided me with for ATI cards, working on ATI Legacy, and then I need to do nVIDIA.

kromosto
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
if they are not secret can we get values

EDIT: also a bios file ofcourse dont have an ati card right now

GoThr3k
02-29-2008, 02:04 AM
just for updating porpuses, ATI part is almost finished, just need to make a nice GUI, most of the functions are written, too bad i havent much time right now

wittekakker
02-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Are you going to implement a windows flash option? I have example software here :)

GoThr3k
03-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Are you going to implement a windows flash option? I have example software here :)

if you provide me the code, why not :p:
you know where to find me witte

wittekakker
03-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Code not available, I only have the executable. You can't decompile it to make it usable?

GoThr3k
03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Code not available, I only have the executable. You can't decompile it to make it usable?

depends, if it is .net or not
but it will prolly be C++ because it has to communicate with the system

wittekakker
03-02-2008, 02:36 AM
K, I'll get to you in one of the following days.

MuffinFlavored
03-14-2008, 09:56 PM
How is this project going?

Is this project the same as the one located at http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1013/TechPowerUp_Radeon_Bios_Editor_v1.07.html?

GoThr3k
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
nope, thats not mine

so it is not yours either i suppose, guess he put someone else on the job

MuffinFlavored
03-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I see, I guess we weren't fast enough GoThr3k. I do not know how I would have ever done NVIDIA BIOS, let alone saving, and validation and such.

I guess it was just an experiment for me.
Not something that would become an industry standard like W1zzards other applications, ATITool, GPU-Z.