PDA

View Full Version : Harddrive became 'raw' all of a sudden

Demo
12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
I have a little problem with my 80gb IDE Seagate drive, after a reboot it suddenly became a raw drive ( File system RAW 0 byes free & used )
No detection problems in both bios and windows but double clicking on the drive gives a stop message about the drive not accessible.. its like a freshly partitioned drive.. Is there any way I can recover the files on my drive.. Or maybe formatting the drive under windows quick format then using undelete programs might help ?

The harddrive doesnt carry any O.S just installer files and some data files

XS Janus
12-01-2007, 07:14 AM
That happened to me on a 200GB sata seagate. I think it lost the partition after plug/unplug/restart procedure...

I remember that I used some recovery program that indexed the files in a proces that took several hours.
After that I just copied all the files that were important to me and formated the drive.

I cant remember what prog. i used but I do remember it was a task to find a free one or a demo that works on more than a 1MB of files - even a crack was quite a hunt...

I wouldnt recomend doing anything else to your drive. Right now everything is untouched on it, it just lost the partition table that describes the drive, using the above mentioned method is a safe bet in my experience.

mnaz
12-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I've had this happen several times on customers computers. Drive will just show up as blank after a reboot. What I did was put the drive in an enclosure or another machine and used either acronis or partition magic to undelete the partition. I like acronis better, when you put the drive in it will see the previous partition and you will have the option of undeleting.

Demo
12-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I have the power quest partition magic 8.0 but the undelete option option is not usable..

EDIT: Im trying this program now called ZAR, I hope it works.
I also believe that my partition table was blown out, any method/program to fully rebuild it again so i can get my stuff back and format the drive

Duh
12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
That happened to me on a 200GB sata seagate. I think it lost the partition after plug/unplug/restart procedure...

I remember that I used some recovery program that indexed the files in a proces that took several hours.
After that I just copied all the files that were important to me and formated the drive.

I cant remember what prog. i used but I do remember it was a task to find a free one or a demo that works on more than a 1MB of files - even a crack was quite a hunt...

I wouldnt recomend doing anything else to your drive. Right now everything is untouched on it, it just lost the partition table that describes the drive, using the above mentioned method is a safe bet in my experience.

remember cracking is not condoned here :) ..
you can do so if you like it but think you cant comment it.. I might be wrong though :)

hillywav
12-02-2007, 12:55 AM
I have a little problem with my 80gb IDE Seagate drive, after a reboot it suddenly became a raw drive ( File system RAW 0 byes free & used )
No detection problems in both bios and windows but double clicking on the drive gives a stop message about the drive not accessible.. its like a freshly partitioned drive.. Is there any way I can recover the files on my drive.. Or maybe formatting the drive under windows quick format then using undelete programs might help ?

The harddrive doesnt carry any O.S just installer files and some data files

try with these my lovly nu program

"Partition find and mount"

search it at google and DL it

this thing will locate yur lost partition and also exactly da data inside it, make sure u have another HDD to save yur data

gud luk

XS Janus
12-02-2007, 03:33 AM
remember cracking is not condoned here :) ..
you can do so if you like it but think you cant comment it.. I might be wrong though :)

:up: One should always think ahead and buy a software for this situations before they happen, thats for sure:yepp: