PDA

View Full Version : About to order parts and Need Suggestion for Loop

jerseyfreaker
11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Swiftech MCRes -> Swiftech MCP655 -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> TFitting To Swiftech Apogee GT and Swiftech STEALTH -> Swiftech MCR320 -> Swiftech MCP655 -> res again

I basically want to cool my cpu and 8800GTS and was wondering what the best loop would be. I have already made my mind up on the parts but suggestions be appeciated.

IanY
11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Are you sure you want to use a T fitting to split cpu and gpu ? I concur with your layout.

Are you sure you still want to use an Apogee GT this late in the game? FuZion is a better performer, as will be the EK Supreme? Are you really sure you want a Stealth?

Listen, I use a GTX and Stealths myself, but at least on the cpu front, there are better performing alternatives. I have no corrossion issues with either block, and I bought the copper top but never used it. The Stealths are clean as well, but there's the social stigma of the potential corrosion.

Xilikon
11-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes, get a Fuzion or EK Supreme along with a EK full cover block, you will be happier that way. As others said, put all of them in series :

MCRES -> MCP655 -> PA120.3 -> CPU block -> EK FC8800GTS -> MCRES. No need to have a MCR320 since a single PA120.3 can tackle with the whole loop and you will not restrict too much. Also, no need for 2 pumps at all.