PDA

View Full Version : Corsair memory and the Intel D201GLY2 motherboard

Rockhammer
11-28-2007, 06:47 AM
I am working on a new build using an Intel D201GLY2 motherboard and I can't get it to POST.

This is a mini-ITX mobo with a SiS 662 northbridge, a SiS 964 southbridge, and a Celeron 220 soldered down to the mobo. I have an IDE hard drive and single 1GB stick of Corsair Value Select DDR2 667/PC2-5300 ram installed and nothing else connected (except the PSU and monitor).

According to Intel the board does not support double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization. I checked the Corsair website and can't find out if this ram uses x16 organization. Can you help? The Corsair part number is VS1GB667D2/EU G

Thanks

Rockhammer
11-29-2007, 04:07 AM
Eh. Forget it. The ram works fine on this mobo. Problem was a poorly fitted heatsink on the CPU causing immediate thermal shutdowns. Sad thing is, this heatsink was put on at the factory.

Yellowbeard
11-29-2007, 04:47 AM
Eh. Forget it. The ram works fine on this mobo. Problem was a poorly fitted heatsink on the CPU causing immediate thermal shutdowns. Sad thing is, this heatsink was put on at the factory.

Well, at least it was an easy solution not requiring an RMA. FYI, our double sided DIMMs are a "by 8" with 2 banks. To my knowledge, we don't make any "by16" DIMMs. Enjoy the new system.