PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on installing EK 8800 GTX block

ka lok
11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone,
Know this probably has been asked before (seen the threads) but need someone to tell me where i'm going wrong as i have ruined 3 video cards already trying to put EK 8800 GTX block on. The previous attempts resulted with no display being given and cant for the life of me figure out what i'm doing wrong!!!

Followed instructions which came with Ek block, making sure not to apply too much force with screws and leak tested for 24 hrs. checked temps which were fine(45-48c idle and 50-52c load) but after a week or so, i get no display.

The last attempt did come after i tried installing a sound card, although it did work for 1 hr or so.

Dont know what other info i should include. would like to put EK block back on video card but am bit scared to.

thanx in advance!!

RickCain
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Make sure you have the block on correctly and should not have any problems. My 8800GTS block had the ability to touch the mosfets if not positioned correctly.

ka lok
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Will try that tom, thanx! Am just praying its not going to do it again!!! will give u update tom.

Section8
11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Strange issue you have there? Both of mine went on without a hitch and have been working great for several months. After the display went out did you try putting the air coolers back on or try them in another machine?

ka lok
11-28-2007, 06:27 AM
yep, tried putiing aircooler back on and nothing happened still. Have reinstalled EK block and am on tender hooks waiting to see if its ok.... the tension is becoming uncomfortable!!

Heres a pic to show you what it looks like!!!