PDA

View Full Version : Best company's to RMA with?

Exahertz
11-25-2007, 05:47 PM
So im sure at one point you all have wondered what company's are the best to RMA with.

Well thanks to everyone helping out and posting their coments here I have put together this chart! based on what i determine to be a rating of either Great, Good, Moderate or Poor i have come to a percentage rating of a companys performance in warranty service. Please Keep Those Rating Coming! The more ratings there are, the more acurate this chart will become!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/laserskys/scores.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/laserskys/votes.jpg

Deux
11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
EVGA and Crucial are both good, Saphire was great for me. Asus is supposed to be a pain.

zanzabar
11-25-2007, 06:18 PM
asus was good when i did it i just had to drive down there and swap it, but mailing is supposed to be a pain

ReverendMaynard
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
BFG are awesome. EVGA and Crucial as well.

darkorb
11-25-2007, 07:36 PM
XFX is good

eToh
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Ocz definately one of the best.

yonton228
11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Ocz definately one of the best.

No doubt about it!

-yonton228/timmy

Volkswagen
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
G.Skill 3 days to get my new ram after they they received mine old ram

Corsair 4 days

Asus bout a week

Maxfly
11-25-2007, 09:23 PM
excellent-crucial,gskill,logitech,corsair,ocz,evga,antec

so so-bfg,msi

terrible-pny,creative labs,apacer,asus

TheMysticWizard
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I had good luck with Leadtek and Seagate.

Seagate was no questions asked. I sent in the dead drive with no receipt or anything (just needed the serial) and they sent me a refurb which worked fine for over a year until I sold it. This was a number of years ago though.

Leadtek asked me for a receipt when I tried to RMA my GeForce 6600 gt, I sent them the Paypal receipt from when I paid for it (I had bought it on ebay) and they accepted it and RMA'd my card. It took about 2 weeks once I sent my card in. I then had the replacement die 6 months later (I overvolted it and killed it actually) and they sent me a 7600 gs to replace it, no questions asked this time. Big thumbs up from me for Leadtek. Not only did the accept the card I bought on eBay, they accepted the replacement I killed and gave me an upgrade too.

Bad news with ASUS. They sent me a bad board to replace the one I RMA'd and it took them nearly 2 weeks to do so. Then it was another 2 weeks and they sent me a beat up board... but it works so far.

As for Crucial... I just had to RMA my Ballistix 8500's. I sent them in overnight on Monday (They received them Tuesday Morning)... so I'm expecting to hear from them or receive my replacement soon. Getting an RMA number was no big deal, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone to get the RMA number.

trowakage
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
OCZ is EXCELLENT for RMAing, my Platinum TCCD kit was well over 3 years old, and when one stick went dead, I sent it in and got a brand new replacement kit (they had to search pretty hard to get me another TCCD kit, but they did it).

Had a bad experience with Westerns Digital's "express RMA", where they send you the replacement before they receive your defective one (you have to give them your CC as backup). They lost my return, and I had to call them and provide the shipping receipt (luckily I sent it tracked) or else they'd have charged my CC.

Exahertz
11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Had a bad experience with Westerns Digital's "express RMA", where they send you the replacement before they receive your defective one (you have to give them your CC as backup). They lost my return, and I had to call them and provide the shipping receipt (luckily I sent it tracked) or else they'd have charged my CC.

They didnt ask for the origional receipt? That makes me feel a lot better about buying off of ebay!

Volkswagen
11-26-2007, 03:36 PM
just to add logitech and antec!

Antec sends replacement parts with no questions asked just kinda tell them what u need and 2 days later its there :clap: logitech let me keep my old MX700 mouse and keyboard combo and sent me a replacement same with some speakers I had :eek:

Den Leiw
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
G.Skill Europe (probably same for US)

They don't need original package nor any invoice and it is extremely fast

Sent it on Friday, it arrived Tuesday. They tested it on the next day and confirmed my RAM was defective and sent it using Express shipping so it arrived Friday. Wow never seen that before.

HIS = Worst company ever. RMA = 5 MONTHS YES 5 MONTHS
I had to send it to Taiwan, and used tracking option and it arrived after 3 weeks. They said it arrived after two months... Then I don't know what took them to need 3 months to send it back. Won't purchase from them anymore that's for sure.

Nick04263
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I prefer the companies whose products are so solid that you never need to RMA any units. Seriously thought, I have sent products back to about every company listed so far and I can't complain about any of them.

ReverendMaynard
11-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I prefer the companies whose products are so solid that you never need to RMA any units.

The law of averages is a killer. When dropping good coin on ANYthing, RMA service should be a huge deal breaker.

Daveb2012
11-27-2007, 03:20 AM
BFG is the worst company I have ever had to deal with, so many rude employees, I was lied to by a supervisor, you wait 45mins on the phone to talk with any human, get transfered around, none of the employees know any thing, they are terrible.

Daveb2012
11-27-2007, 03:20 AM
also, i think OCZ is the best when it comes to RMA/customer service.

Sparky
11-27-2007, 03:46 AM
G.Skill is good, zero problems with Crucial, Asus isn't too bad from my experience (as long as you call, they don't respond to emails too well). Logitech is great too.

trowakage
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, they just needed your drive to be under warranty. The catch is, the warranty is longer attached to when you bought the drive, it's attached to when the drive was made.

So the new drive I got had an expiration that was earlier than the one I sent them. And since I got my drive off eBay lol, I didn't have the necessary documentation to get the warranty updated.

They didnt ask for the origional receipt? That makes me feel a lot better about buying off of ebay!

eToh
11-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Has anyone dealt with MSI ?

BLHealthy4life
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I recently had an expereince with Asus RMA'ing a P5K Deluxe.

It was easy as heck.

I called and got a RMA number. No questions asked. I was emailed instructions on where to shipping and labeling and off the board went that day to Asus.

Once I confirmed through USPS that the board was delivered, I called Asus to make sure that they have the board in their system...it was processed right away.

3-4 days later I received an email informing me that the replacement board had been shipped along with tracking info.

Process was within the 10 day period that Asus claims.

Board arrived safely and packaged well.

Maxfly
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Has anyone dealt with MSI ?

ive never personally dealt with msi but a friend of mine sent them a dead x1900xt 512.they replaced it with a brand new 8800gts 320.it took about 4 weeks from start to finish but he was very happy with the upgrade!

id just like to reaffirm my trust in oczs cs.
ive a ocz memory cooler that has a bad fan.blades scrape against the fan casing.so i started a rma request sunday night,offering to replace just the fans rather than the entire cooler.this is the email response i just recieved.

Add your return shipping address as a comment to this ticket and scream "OCZ Rocks!" as loud as you can. :) I'll send you a new XTC Cooler and some complementary OCZ goodies instead of having you worry about fixing the fan on your existing unit. -------------------------------------------------------Status changed by: Sean Sinha

doesnt get any better than that!

BOBDOLER
11-27-2007, 09:44 PM
MSI literally DOESN'T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Perhaps they have cleaned up their act by now, but about I don't know like 4 or 5 years ago I had a busted motherboard made by them, I goto their site and it tells me to call this number or email them, I call the number and basically it is nothing, but a machine that tells you to email them, I don't really remember, but I think their may have been some option (english/spanish etc) but ya it was literally impossible to get a hold of them.

Long story short over the next month I sent them numerous emails and never got a single response.

I will never do business with MSI again.

Same to Dell, I bought one of their monitors and tried to RMA it only to find out that you some dell number off your product to even get through to tech support, after browsing the internet I found out that Dell puts one of these numbers on every single dam one of their freaking products EXCEPT THEIR MONITORS!

Like wise I emailed them a billion times only to get no response.

On a positive note I have had very good RMA support from Asus and have had phenomenal RMA support from dangerden.com the water cooling site.

Den Leiw
11-28-2007, 01:20 AM
MSI literally DOESN'T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Perhaps they have cleaned up their act by now, but about I don't know like 4 or 5 years ago I had a busted motherboard made by them, I goto their site and it tells me to call this number or email them, I call the number and basically it is nothing, but a machine that tells you to email them, I don't really remember, but I think their may have been some option (english/spanish etc) but ya it was literally impossible to get a hold of them.

Long story short over the next month I sent them numerous emails and never got a single response.

I will never do business with MSI again.

It is still the same in Europe now with MSI. Eventhough I haven't dealt with them for one year I don't think it changed much. They are a joke when it comes to customer support or RMA. If your hardware dies or fails to work correctly, basically you will have to buy something new since they won't answer your phone calls or emails. RIP OFF. Also why do you think they only give you a 1 year warranty on some gfx cards? It won't even last you 1 year and a half that's why.

qgshadow
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Evga is the only company that charge you the shipping back of the product and the Employee fee.

never seen that before.

eternaljammer
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
excellent-crucial,gskill,logitech,corsair,ocz,evga,antec

so so-bfg,msi

terrible-pny,creative labs,apacer,asus

wow, you are experienced.:shocked:

Atal
11-28-2007, 03:00 PM
asus is really driving me nuts!!!! my P5N32-e hasnt arrived from RMA!!!!!! 2 months already geeeeeez! definetively wont buy an asus board again.

emu002
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
EVGA are the best rma service

Intel are the worst in my experience

patrickadizzle
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
OCZ hands down....Best support I have ever dealt with.

Then Crucial.

TheMysticWizard
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Update on Crucial RMA.

As I said before, I shipped my Ballistix to them on Nov. 19th. They received it Nov. 20th, and sent my replacement out on Nov. 21st. I received the new sticks last night, Nov. 27th. So... 4 business days! A-Okay to me!

It only took 20 minutes on the phone to get the RMA # also. Good Job Crucial!!

The sticks they sent me are brand new, and have the new style heatsinks. Now to see what this set can do.

Oh yeah, I forgot... I also RMA'd my Hydor L25 with CrazyPC a few months ago. It was super simple, I emailed them, they responded with RMA number and gave me store credit (it was like 3 months after the purchase, so no refund) but yeah. Simple.

Krohling
11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
OCZ customer/RMA was really good when I needed.

Maxfly
11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
wow, you are experienced.:shocked:

unfortunately lol.
actually thought of a few more :D

excellent-apc(ups),intel(less than 2 weeks start to finish surprisingly)

so so-enermax

Nanometer
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
ocz was nice

NickS
12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I've had exceptional RMA service with..

-G.Skill
-Logitech
-Crucial
-MSI
-Seagate
-eVGA
-XFX
-Newegg (if that counts)

The WORST support I've dealt with was BIOSTAR's. Great boards but terrible service. I still recommend them as a great budget alternative but you're SOL if somethin' happens.

aznsniper911
12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
man I feel lucky lol, I never had to RMA anything! But thanks to this thread, I know which companies to stay clear away from!

fcry64
12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
my experience:

ok: gainward(took some time - more than a week for all rmas, or even more),

great: logitech(straight away by my fav dealer), microsft(done straight away)

good: msi(dealer first confirmed whether the orders were present or not due to less cards in stock, then a yes for the replacement but thats not good w/ regard to service, is it?), galaxy(ok-ok but is taking time)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:ty: leadtek(baastards), asus(they simply don't want to give u a replacement)

But it also depends on where/ whom u buy from. good dealers force the distributers into giving replacements more quicker or reverting them from not giving at all.

fcry64
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
man I feel lucky lol, I never had to RMA anything! But thanks to this thread, I know which companies to stay clear away from!

no u don't get it. u should be positive towards life

i am like ...Yipeeeee!!woot! its rma time ..before i smack that product on my face or maybe not my face everytime

PsYkHoTiK
12-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Lets see.

OCZ is definitely one of the best (great pleasure to deal with). Pretty much a loyal customer as a result. :p

GSkill has great support (never had to RMA yet though).

XFX has great support too (never had to RMA yet though).

Crucial I like (cross shipping for the win). Relatively painless RMAs.

When I used MSI (notice past tense) they were generally unresponsive. I gather its probably pretty much the same now I guess.

ASUS I had to deal with recently and I will just say its 'challenging' at best.

4Qman
12-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Ok my turn hehe

Mushkin "Best RMA i Ever Had, dead ram return in under a week and support was BEST EVER"
OCZ "a class act and one of my best RMA experinces again"
Gskill are very good
Corsair Very Good
Asus are bad for me here in UK :( "wish there boards wasnt great or id never get them"
BEST Retailer in UK is scan.co.uk "I order ONLY from them now" Had a seasonic PSU went bad scan and a new one to me in around 5days after they test it ;) + cheap and awesome customer support
BFG was pretty good for me "around 1 week" :D

Now only brands/places i get if i can help it
EVGA "Hear nothink but awesome Rma support + 90days stepup if u want that"
Scan.co.uk "cant say anythink bad about them"
Crucial :D
oh and how can anyone not have OCZ on there list ;)

Shaz
12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I second that about Scan.co.uk. They sent a courier to my door for the dead part and had the next best replacement (the PSU I had was out of stock so they gave me the next one up for no charge)

GAR
12-07-2007, 08:27 AM
evga

Source
12-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Sennheiser: REALLY awesome service, RMA'd 3 times in a period of 4 years.
1. Sennheiser PC150 .. Sended it in an got my new Headset in 3 days on my head.
2. Sennheiser HD650 .. When moving stuff around something really heavy felt on in _o- .. left side was f*cked-up .. But still they RMA'd without any question.
3. Sennheiser PC150 .. Bought an second, broken, PC150 headset from Ebay,, sended it in without receipt or anything and got, again, new one in 3days at my door.

----------------------------

MSI has IMO also great customers service, first time i screwed up my K8N Neo2 Platinum, my NB-fan was sucky and didn't spin anymore.. after period of time i smelt some burning-smell ,, didn't know that those NB thingy's can get that hot, nVidia i guess? .. but RMA'd without problems.

Month ago my P6N SLI Platinum was dead .. Mailed them and RMA'd the mobo. Day later i got mail (from MSI Netherlands) that they didn't had another P6N at that moment and they asked if it was ok to send me an P35 Platinum :D :D Switched between nVidia 650i to Intel P35 for the price of shipping cost :D

And while ago i got bored and requested some stuff (Banners, posters, goodies y/k).
They sended me an box full, 2 BIG banners with nVidia and ATI card on them, big MSI banner, some smaller wall scrolls, stickers, pens, Product guide (always nice) for free :D

===

For those that can't get in touch with MSI by Mail, post here:

http://support.msi.com.tw/techSptlogin.php

Sort of forum-thingy and they response in one (work)day.

----------------------------

Got some bad RMA experience with Leadtek.
The shop i bought my 6800GT was/is closed/raised.
So mailed Leadtek to request RMA number but got mail back.
'Sorry, RMA goes by the shop you bought it
Greetings'

Emailed back that the shop as closed for business but they just didn't accept my card :@
After calling some times and speak with the supervisor i finally got an RMA number.
After that it took them 6MONTHS to process it and send it back, never buy from them again.

Kingcarcas
12-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Is it normal for RAM companies to ask me for all sorts of pictures before sending them the RAM:confused:

masterg
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
i built my pc last year ran into alot of DOA stuff ;p

my OCZ ram was doa and with no issues OCZ replaced them.

i bought a ATI 1600 Pro graphics card, DOA. they told me to ship it to newyork. and they sent back a new one. also DOA so i recalled them again. i sent it back this time i got a new card straight from the factory in taiwan/asia with all the tariffs and import papers still in the box. it worked ;p

that process took like a month. bad cards but the service was half decent

Source
12-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Is it normal for RAM companies to ask me for all sorts of pictures before sending them the RAM:confused:Which RAM/manufacturer is that? :O
Did they also wanted some pictures of your girl :ROTF:

cloned
12-08-2007, 08:10 PM
hey can someone tell me who is the best out of these manufacturers(only the in stock ones)?

i am ordering my 8800 GT and i want to make sure i get good service, i was looking at the MSI one since it is cheap and overclocked fairly high for the price. But i might just go with the BFG one if they have better service and OC it myself

Exahertz
12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
hey can someone tell me who is the best out of these manufacturers(only the in stock ones)?

i am ordering my 8800 GT and i want to make sure i get good service, i was looking at the MSI one since it is cheap and overclocked fairly high for the price. But i might just go with the BFG one if they have better service and OC it myself

if you search through this thread MSI doesnt have a very good reputation. not much for BFG either. 50% or so for both

Exahertz
12-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Check out the new chart on the first page!

Exahertz
12-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Do you all think i should add Petras Tech Shop to the chart? i know their not a manufacturer but they do back their products. infact i just delt with them the other day about an issue and i must say they were exceptionaly fast at shipping me a replacement!

GMX
12-09-2007, 12:57 AM
EVGA and Crucial are both good, Saphire was great for me. Asus is supposed to be a pain.

tell me about it. Im stuck in sh-t hovering towards the fan.

I need RMA my p5k dx. Asus said go to the retailer. I told them the retailer doesn't stock/deal with Asus anymore (go figure), and I asked them for the distributor details. The guy emailed me immediately saying we"ll fix it and organize something... nothing for about a week now.

Kingcarcas
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Which RAM/manufacturer is that? :O
Did they also wanted some pictures of your girl :ROTF:
:p: A-Data

TheMysticWizard
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Corsair gets an A+ from me also...

Had my 6400c4's die on me. I called their tech support and he sent me the link to fill out and gave me the case number. I filled that out and had an RMA number in about an hour.

I then called them back to see if I could go to their location in Fremont, CA (Since it was less than 20 minutes from my house) and they said I could come by any time between 9 am and 5 pm the next day.

I then stopped by the next day around 1pm and had my replacement in hand within 5 minutes.

I imagine if you shipped it in, they would be pretty quick about it also.

Budwise
01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
OCZ has the best customer service ive ever dealt with hands down. Cross shipping, no problem. Oh we're sorry we dont have any 520W Powerstreams at the moment to RMA, here is a brand new 600W :) I can just IM Jimmy and he replies right back with help on anything. If i have OCZ memory and i want recommendations for all the subtimings for overclocking, they even help with that too. Excellent all around at OCZ....

aznsniper911
01-11-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm going thorugh OCZ right now, hopefully I'll get positive results!

aznsniper911
01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
WoW OCZ was quick, they received the defective product on Jan 9 and they shipped it out Firday/Sat in which I was able to get it today! Definitely a good company to work RMA with!

TheMysticWizard
01-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Got another for the list...

BFG was pretty good for me. My 7950GT Died (okay, I actually killed this one, cracked a ram chip on it) but they took it back anyway. Sure, it took me 35 minutes on the phone to get the RMA process started, but then I filled out the form online and got the address and everything. I sent my card on Friday the 4th. They recieved it on Tuesday the 8th and sent my replacement the same day. I received the replacement today, the 14th. So, 10 days including shipping and weekends.

Not bad in my book. And the replacement card looks new. I can't see anything that was repaired on it, and it looks like it has never been used before.

GMX
01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
tell me about it. Im stuck in sh-t hovering towards the fan.

I need RMA my p5k dx. Asus said go to the retailer. I told them the retailer doesn't stock/deal with Asus anymore (go figure), and I asked them for the distributor details. The guy emailed me immediately saying we"ll fix it and organize something... nothing for about a week now.

Just an update. They asked me for SN on the board. I looked on P5k deluxe box, it didn't have a sticker there, and there was no residue from any attempt to take it off. Obviously someone at the packaging plant forgot to put it on. So they said, okay, send us a copy of the invoice and a photo. I did that, and they said they will give me an RMA number.

Still, NOTHING. I have to keep pushing them with updates, and yet I still get no results. Shocking.:mad:

naokaji
01-15-2008, 12:08 AM
oh.. the neverending topic of customer service...

good experience:
Corsair, logitech, Ocz

crap experience:
Asus, Msi, Chaintech, Geil