PDA

View Full Version : ABIT IX38 QuadGT C1 error

Mickey Padge
11-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I have a brand new ABIT IX38 QuadGT board and 2X1GB OCZ DDR2 PC8000 Titanium Alpha VX2 memory sticks.

The RAM was fine on a couple of P35 boards, but on the ABIT I get a C1 error, which points to a memory detection error.

I tried one stick only in each slot and left the boards battery out with CMOS set to clear, all to no avail.....

I have been unable to get into the BIOS at all to change timings or voltage and I have no other RAM to test at this point.....

I noticed a few other peeps having problems with OCZ ram on this board, it would be nice to get an official response. I hope a BIOS update may fix this issue, it would be sweet if OCZ and ABIT could sort it out

Cheers

mark0326
11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
You could try starting with RAM rated at 1.8v... but you may find the BIOS will reset itself after you swap for your OCZ RAM defeating your attempt to up the voltage.
My Dominators gave the C1 error so are being RMA'd.

Mickey Padge
11-23-2007, 02:46 PM
You could try starting with RAM rated at 1.8v... but you may find the BIOS will reset itself after you swap for your OCZ RAM defeating your attempt to up the voltage.
My Dominators gave the C1 error so are being RMA'd.

I have no way of upping the voltage right now, due to the C1 issue, but I will have some Geil from a friend tomorrow, so I hope to boot with that. I need the voltage to stick, otherwise I will have to fork out more cash on RAM......

Can C1 be related to anything else? What would be the best memory for this board?

Cheers :cool:

DevilCry
11-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes.I have h2o to my cpu.With abit p35, if i was strength the screws of the waterblock too much, i got C1 problem.Mems was gskill-Hk 6400 2gb kit.

Sorry for my poor english.

Mickey Padge
11-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes.I have h2o to my cpu.With abit p35, if i was strength the screws of the waterblock too much, i got C1 problem.Mems was gskill-Hk 6400 2gb kit.

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks for the info :)

I also have a screw based heatsink, so I will look into that too.

No need to apologize for your English, I have no skills at all in other languages :p:

mark0326
11-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I have no way of upping the voltage right now, due to the C1 issue......

With JDEC standard RAM you could at least boot

Can C1 be related to anything else?

On my IN9, also graphics related according to the manual

What would be the best memory for this board?

I have no problems with Crucial 8500's (1066) CL5, boot fine whereas my Dominator's didn't.

Cheers :cool:

Hope this helps

Mickey Padge
11-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the info :)

I hope it is not GFX related, as it would be an issue with my new 8800 ultra! :(

I hope to have some more ram to test when I finish work :)

Mickey Padge
11-24-2007, 10:55 AM
OK I managed to boot with a 1GB Geil HZ stick :)

I am posting this message from my PC now! :cool:

I have yet to test my OCZ with a voltage bump in the BIOS yet......

Looks like Abit need to fix this isssue, it is a big problem and one I am sure a BIOS update will resolve. :cool:

Mickey Padge
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
No go at all with the 2X1GB OCZ DDR2 PC8000 Titanium Alpha VX chips, even with the voltage bumped and the timings relaxed it just sits at "C1".

I tried each stick in each slot to no avail, I am wondering if the memory has just had it? I will get a mate to test it.....

kiner
11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
send mail to abit engineers in taiwan..

I believe that they can check it for you and have a solution .. :)

Mickey Padge
12-01-2007, 03:36 PM
send mail to abit engineers in taiwan..

I believe that they can check it for you and have a solution .. :)

Yeah the RAM works on another board, so it is Abit problem....

However I see other users here with the same OCZ ram not having any problems.....

Supershanks
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
what bios you on mickey ??
It might be worth trying 12.06BTA get it here Abit IX38 Quad GT - Living Review II see link in BTA Bios Section (http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/861-abit-ix38-quad-gt-living-review-ii.html)

You will need to try with a single stick again from what you said.
see Ace-a-Rue's Bios Flashing Procedure (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2397392&postcount=2023)

luck:)

Supershanks
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
This may help some Cure For General Instability & No post/Boot (http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/6352-post346.html)

luck:)