PDA

View Full Version : X1800XT conflicts with my other Cards?

FatRakoon
11-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, hear me out here.

one of my systems has developed an annoying issue that I would rather find a cure for, than just take the easy path ,and I think I have a good one that I really cannot work out on my own?

Ok the PC in question is a basic game box nothing fancy.

Gigabyte DS3 ( BIOS F12 )
E6300 @ 2.8 ( 400FSB )
4x1GB Geil PC6400

Graphics = Saphire X800GTO2 @ X850 - NOT CLOCKED, BUT FLASHED to 850

PCI SLots are :-
TOP = Free
MID = Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
BOT = ITE 8121 IDE Card

HDs :-
SATA 0 = Raptor 36GB ( C: Windows )
SATA 1 =

SATA 2 = WD 250GB ( D: Apps + F: Junk )
SATA 3 = WD 250GB ( E: Media )
SATA 4 = Hitachi 80GB ( M: Downloads )
SATA 5 = Hitachi 80GB ( T: ISO Images )

DVDs =
Mobo IDE 0 = NEC 3550
Mobo IDE 1 = NA
Mobo IDE 2 = Pioneer 112
Mobo IDE 3 = ZIP 250

PCI IDE 0 = LG DVDRAM
PCI IDE 2 = NEC 3540

Right, so thast the system, nohtign too fancy, yes, a hell of a load of HDs and DVD Drives I know. Power is supplied by the use of 2 x OCZ 600W Units, one driving the entire system, the other driving the HDs, both PSUs are outputting a very steady supply and are both checkingf out perfectly under various tests.

Now... Here is the problem I am getting.

I got given an X1800XT and I put it in this machine.

Now, what happened, was the AUDIO wont do anythign other than standard STEREO.

Devices etc are all ponting to everythign being fine, and everythign does seem to be fine, but Stereo only and no 5.1 - Even though all software allows me to adjust, the sound is simply not having it?

As a quick test, I tried an Audigy 1 in this PC, I also tried its onboard junk, and both of those happily do 5.1

I then took this card to another PC and this card ( A2ZS ) does 5.1 just fine on any other PC, but not on this one?

What could possibly cause such a thing?

I put the X800GTO2 back in and I got 5.1 Audio back??? - I put the X1800XT in and the 5.1 fails again??

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but what the F... Lipping heck can possibly cause that to happen???

I am currently on XP64, 2 weeks ago, I thought of re-trying Vista 64 again and I used this as an opportunity to see about a reinstall to fix the audio, but Vista did the same thing... X800 is fine with Audio butX1800 stops 5.1??? - again fine in stereo?

So, I have since put XP64 back and the problem persists, I have no 5.1 Audio.

The DriveBay thingy works perfectly fine and all the inputs and outputs do their job, as does the headphones port in switching the main outputs off, and all software on both creative and Windows' own Audio settings all change and everything looks fine and changes fine, but again, when I try to playback any 5.1 Audio, I get the left running fine and the right running fine, but Center, Bass, Rear Left and Rear Right dont do a thing?

The speakers are fine because as I said, the Card has been swapped around, the Audio source used is fine because the other cards work and this Audigy 2 ZS also works fine in other systems, but just not this one???

I have been using this PC pretty much as it is now since I got it about 2 or so years ago and it has never done anything like this that I have not been able to cure, but this time Im at a loss.

Anyone care to offer anything to help?

Thanks in advance.

tiro_uspsss
11-23-2007, 05:56 AM
read this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130632

could have something to do with it

otherwise i suggest this:
un-install all drivers. esp: for soundcard, & vid. card. personally, I would un-install all drivers for hardware connected thru PCI bus...

OR u can change the slot location of some of the PCI cards - that might help.

if u go ahead & un-install drivers, maybe even re-install DirectX...

thats all i can think of that i would do...