PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs helps with new cannon s3 is

disruptfam
11-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey!!!

I recently purchased a cannon s3 is and i don't really how to use it,still getting used to it.

I've been trying to take pic's of my rig but they all come out grainy.Why is that? I just have been using auto mode by the way.

What mode should i be using??

Any help is much appreciated fellaz :) :up:

Soulburner
11-22-2007, 06:32 PM
You need light.

Turn on lights, or even better take your pictures near windows during the day.

disruptfam
11-22-2007, 06:47 PM
yeah thanks man

I figured no light and auto settings were going to end up with bad pic's

MAN I LOVE THIS CAMERA!!!

hey soulburner!!! is there a tri-pod available for the camera mate??

Ashraf
11-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Glad you love the camera! :up:

Soulburner
11-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Almost any tripod will work, the bottom has a standard tripod mount.

Fujimitsu
11-23-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah thanks man

I figured no light and auto settings were going to end up with bad pic's

MAN I LOVE THIS CAMERA!!!

hey soulburner!!! is there a tri-pod available for the camera mate??

Just play with it whenever you get a chance, experiment with settings in different environments. There's a ridiculous amount of control in that relatively small package. You'd be surprised the cool effects you can get once you start experimenting.

disruptfam
11-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Glad you love the camera! :up:

it's awesome!!! thanks again ashraf!!!

disruptfam
11-27-2007, 06:37 AM
been playing around with cam.... still figuring it out...

I want to take full detail pic's with no grain across the pic...

I've been using potrait great quality but only focused on the middle of shot...Outer bit's a lil blurry nature of the mode..

I want to get the same quality across the pic... any idea's??

I've been mucking around in custom mode... tried this and that pic's turn out pretty bad lol!!!!!

I also got myself a 4gb sd card for the cam... The 16mb one that came with only could hold 3 pic's!!! haha

cheers

Vapor
11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
To get rid of grain? Use the lowest ISO and the lowest noise reduction setting (higher settings eliminate detail :().

A small-sensor P&S (redundant except for the F20/F30/F31fd) will have noise though....really no way around it.

Soulburner
11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Are you inside or outside? If inside, try to get as much light in as possible. More light will make the camera perform better, faster with less noise.

Keep the ISO at 100. You can use 200 but never go higher on the S3...image noise is just too much. Really my only gripe with the camera.

disruptfam
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Are you inside or outside? If inside, try to get as much light in as possible. More light will make the camera perform better, faster with less noise.

Keep the ISO at 100. You can use 200 but never go higher on the S3...image noise is just too much. Really my only gripe with the camera.

ahhh i see i've had the iso @ 400 i will put down to 200 cheers mate!!:up: