PDA

View Full Version : BD7II users I need your help

oc jason
07-11-2002, 05:34 AM
I just built my first Intel system. I got a refurb BD7II from newegg and had planned on using the onboard LAN and AC97 sound. Neither of them will work. I have NEVER used a soundcard, always onboard so im not new to AC97 setups.

I went to BIOS and it was set to auto/enable , the only other setting was to disable it. The manual says set to Auto if you plan to use onboard sound, if not disable and install sound card.

I left it set to auto, booted up and installed the LAN Driver and AC97 Audio Driver off of the Abit Install CD. I says that LAN and AC97 were successfully installed. I reboot and neither of them will work still. I have tried to add new hardware but it does not detect it. When i go to volume control or anyother settings it lists "no audio hardware device".

I have installed the drivers for the LAn and Sound MANY times, and looked on abits site for other newer support drivers but in dowloads<drivers there is noting for this board.

What do i have to do to get this work, maybe Flash BIOS , i will be using Mr Natural's soon and maybe that will help. Or is there a jumper between a PCI or something to use the onboard sound?

Also has anyone had problems getting the LAN to work

Darius
07-11-2002, 07:47 PM
I have a bd7-ii (it died so im getting a new one) and I use the onboard lan ... what pisses me off sometimes though is on some boots it doesnt get detected so when I reboot it works again

about the ac97 issue ive never used it on the bd7-ii i use an sblive but I have this giga:banana::banana::banana::banana:e board here to work with till the bd7-ii comes back and I couldnt get the AC97 to work either, got the same problem as you did

PiLsY
07-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Go into softmenu 3 in bios and set Fix PCI 33mhz. Sorts out the ac97. Mine doesnt work at ANYTHING except 33mhz on the nose. Network works fine all the way up to 44mhz tho. Still, give the fix 33 option a try.

PiLsY.

Creative
07-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Heya Darius :D

I should have my BD7-II tomorrow and will be able to report back some findings also.

Gonna be fun cos Ive been AMD for past 12 months and now making the return to Intel :)