PDA

View Full Version : So Far... So Good

akaBruno
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
It's like I thought. Somewhere between K8 and Core2.

Hammer sucked at first too. "There's erratta, won't OC, can't keep up in benches, too expensive...

Too much Kiss my ass, if you ask me. I haven't seen a real overclocking review yet. They all stop at 3G. Hmmm? Are they being handcuffed? And isn't it obvious that there are no benchmarks out there to actually measure the potential?

I can't wait till some real overclockers get ahold of one to push.

Give it time. It'll be fine.

BRUNO

nullface
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
eh... ok

asp6000
11-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Have at it: 2.2GHz for $280

http://www.isorm.com/product_info.php?products_id=2558

Hemi
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
The egg just listed the quad 2.2ghz for 259.00 Time to pass the word

Inteleron
11-21-2007, 08:17 PM
hahhaha leave it to Bruno :p: But yea im sitting here wondering where the hell are the real reviews :confused:

cky2k6
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
hahhaha leave it to Bruno :p: But yea im sitting here wondering where the hell are the real reviews :confused:

LOL, by real you mean amd not losing? I guess then they're all fake :rolleyes:

Inteleron
11-21-2007, 08:25 PM
LOL, by real you mean amd not losing? I guess then they're all fake :rolleyes:

not necessarily. I wanna see a review that shows the real oc'ing potential of these chips. VR-Zone usually has great reviews. Im also looking forward to these chips getting into the hands of forum members like PcC|2iminal :up:

haylui
11-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Q6600 has better overclock ability. no need to wait for Phenom if you go for overclock.

Obscured
11-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Don't waste your time waiting to get a good overclocking potential of Phenoms - not with early steppings. AMD has now problems to run even 2.6 on stock, and i guess overclocking limit is somehow near 3GHz on air. Compare with Yorkfield or even Kentsfield...

KeZzZu
11-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Don't waste your time waiting to get a good overclocking potential of Phenoms - not with early steppings. AMD has now problems to run even 2.6 on stock, and i guess overclocking limit is somehow near 3GHz on air. Compare with Yorkfield or even Kentsfield...

Well ... just ordered my phenom and mobo getting them around end of month...

About OC, Xtreme overclockers do not afraid about blowing up their stuff does they? example c440@4ghz with 1.8vcore... air too much vcore.. no its too much when it start to push smoke, then it was too much... 1.98vcore on 0.9 amd (144 cabge0536) air and water... were good and im doing same on phenom...

Until it works it will get some more juice... well if it does boot ... more vcore... not working ... more ... until lockup, Prime95 fans... doh.

tux08902
11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Q6600 has better overclock ability. no need to wait for Phenom if you go for overclock.

Wow! You can't say this when there hasn't been a good overclocking review yet.

akaBruno
11-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry...

I forgot to mention cold bugs. :D

Skratch
11-22-2007, 02:41 PM
bruno why dont you be the first to bench these for us?

akaBruno
11-22-2007, 02:46 PM
bruno why dont you be the first to bench these for us?

I can't afford it.

Get DFI or somebody to put me on the list. :D AMD, OCZ etc.

kazgirl
11-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Well I have got the 9500, and installed it in my M2N32SLI, but the new BIOS that ASUS have provided is a disaster, but heres an initial WPrime 32m and 1024M result to whet your appetites.....

Bear in mind this is at stock and a seriously problematic BIOS....

Any change of nay kind, even just enabling the RAM SLI Profiles results in a POST failure needing a CLR CMOS, it will only POST and Boot if BIOS is left at default values, the smallest change results in POST failing...

Anyway heres some screenshots:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/WPRIMEPhenom.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/phenominfo.jpg

And a 3DMark06 comparison with my 6400+ Oc'd to 3520, you'll notice the problems that this BIOS brings with graphics performance, the PCI-E, HT BUS is really messed up (light blue is the 6400+m and the dark blue is the Phenom) EDIT: Sorry theat should be the other way round the light blue is Phenom and the dark blue is 6400+....... you can see the CPU wscore improves but the rest is a disaster....:(

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/3dm06phenom.jpg

IvanAndreevich
11-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I'll be really surprised if you can get even close to the K8@3.5 GHz performance with this. In fact, I'll claim it's not going to happen at all.

KTE
11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I've got one something new, picked it up with the E6750 I was given but my motherboard has faulty DIMMs and the new one I haven't picked up yet. Although I paid nothing for it though, so its not that bad afterall. ;)

IvanAndreevich: what application are you talking about here, all of them? 2℃ air+220CFM delta+12inch fan+Zalman 9700, I hope it likes voltage, I can risk to 1.75V depending on what board I pick up. But I've heard rumors the 790 boards lack VDIMM above 2.5 and VCore above 1.6... which if true would be quite bad.

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 09:42 PM
not necessarily. I wanna see a review that shows the real oc'ing potential of these chips. VR-Zone usually has great reviews. Im also looking forward to these chips getting into the hands of forum members like PcC|2iminal :up:If you want real oc'ing potential then I suggest you change brands

Skratch
11-22-2007, 10:52 PM
wonder if AMD fixed the 4 sticks of ram stability problems the k8s had,I remember not being able to run all my ram with my old rig.

For example,Im running the same ram now (4 1 gig sticks)fine with tight timings on my intel setup.

with nvidia pissing me off not letting my 680i striker extreme not run the new chips,I might build a budget AMD rig just to get back to my old heritage.

For the price of a new intel chip (1000+)I can pretty much buy a new mother board and chip from the AMd camp to have something to mess around with.

To be honest tho,the 4.5 ghz air overclocks from intel are really making me want to bust out the credit card.

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 10:55 PM
For the price of a new intel chip (1000+)I can pretty much buy a new mother board and chip from the AMd camp to have something to mess around with.

Nobody buys that chip when the lower priced ones can do that and better, you cant base a purchase decision on what the most expensive chip costs, you've got it backwards

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Nobody buys that chip when the lower priced ones can do that and better, you cant base a purchase decision on what the most expensive chip costs, you've got it backwards

um intel has a locked multy on the reg ones and from what I saw,they are up there in price aswell.

The high fsb on these chips kills most over clocks with there low multy.My board wont do over 450fsb(1800)so my board would be 450x8=3600 mhz most boards dont like 500fsb with out some serious mods and cooling and even if Icould get it there that would only give me 4 ghz.

Its the unlocked multy that are letting the extreme chips clock over 4.5ghz

also add that intel hasnt started selling any lower end chips yet

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
um intel has a locked multy on the reg ones and from what I saw,they are up there in price aswell.

The high fsb on these chips kills most over clocks with there low multy.
Yeah because that is gonna kill the performance of Solitaire :p:

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah because that is gonna kill the performance of Solitaire :p:

right :rolleyes:

wuts the point of getting a yourky or a new AMD when Im already at 3.6 ghz?

My twin 8800gt's need some more power to feed my sony 40in display(not just when I play solitair)Some people here actually have extreme hardware :)

try playing crysis at 1900x and youll see wut I mean

KTE
11-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Before you go out buying a rig based on some suicide overclocking screenshots (unless its just for benching), whether AMD or Intel, try to get some feedback from the bencher of what the full 2 hour load stability GHz/temps and most stable air/water oc inside a typical case is rather than with delta's open bench top and 1M stable clocks. The former is all that matters for a daily runner. ;)

I can run my E6750 that I'm testing stock volts at 3.74GHz 1M/EVEREST/Sandra stable, open bench was idling at 6-11C, but hell, it's no way stable, needs much more voltages and inside a case you can add 20C to the temps since I was using 2C air with deltas.

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:33 PM
right :rolleyes:

wuts the point of getting a yourky or a new AMD when Im already at 3.6 ghz?

My twin 8800gt's need some more power to feed my sony 40in display(not just when I play solitair)Some people here actually have extreme hardware :)

try playing crysis at 1900x and youll see wut I mean

I am playing Crysis in 1900 and getting 45 fps.. and spent a fraction of what you did :cool:

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I am playing Crysis in 1900 and getting 45 fps.. and spent a fraction of what you did :cool:

haha how do you figure?cuz I have one more 8800gt than you?

I saved alot buying 69 dollar xms2 ram that does 480 444 wich is fine buy me.

Im pretty sure our rigs are priced quite close my friend(except for the 40in xbr4 lcd)but down to hardware you might have me buy about 300 or so.

lol I just looked at your sig...half the crap in your rig cost more than mine I paid 120 bucks for 4 gigs of xms2 ram lol

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
haha how do you figure?cuz I have one more 8800gt than you?

I saved alot buying 69 dollar xms2 ram that does 480 444 wich is fine buy me.

Im pretty sure our rigs are priced quite close my friend(except for the 40in xbr4 lcd)but down to hardware you might have me buy about 300 or so.

lol I just looked at your sig...half the crap in your rige cost more than mine

It's called value.. I trade the emini futures contracts on the Chicago merc and I eat guys like you for dinner because they don't know how to identify value either

I'm also a reseller for a few Computer companies so don't think for a second I'm paying loser prices like you :p:

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
It's called value.. I trade the emini futures contracts on the Chicago merc and I eat guys like you for dinner because they don't know how to identify value either

I'm also a reseller for a few Computer companies so don't think for a second I'm paying loser prices like you :p:

value MY SYSTEM IS A BETTER VALUE I have better parts and Ipaid most def less than you. Igot my 2 8800gt cards with a compusa emp discount wich Idon't even want to say because it might hurt your internet ego,I have no idea why you stepped in and started craping on my post and it clearly shows your lack of maturity.

Ill be the bigger man and not reply to your crap any more,have fun with your value setup and Ill have fun with my power house(even tho I paid maybe 300 tops more than you did)

how old are you 14?

did you even bother looking if intel sold lower clocked youkies yet?

edit what I find even more amusing is the fact that you have no idea what the hell im running for a rig

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:47 PM
value MY SYSTEM IS A BETTER VALUE I have better parts and Ipaid most def less than you. Igot my 2 8800gt cards with a compusa emp discount wich Idon't even want to say because it might hurt your internet ego,I have no idea why you stepped in and started craping on my post and it clearly shows your lack of maturity.

Ill be the bigger man and not reply to your crap any more,have fun with your value setup and Ill have fun with my power house(even tho I paid maybe 300 tops more than you did)

how old are you 14?

did you even bother looking if intel sold lower clocked youkies yet?
Look up psychological projection peewee :p:

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:49 PM
:rofl:

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Heh heh.. he thinks his setup is powerhouse :)

Not that anyone actually believes he has half what he says ;)

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Before you go out buying a rig based on some suicide overclocking screenshots (unless its just for benching), whether AMD or Intel, try to get some feedback from the bencher of what the full 2 hour load stability GHz/temps and most stable air/water oc inside a typical case is rather than with delta's open bench top and 1M stable clocks. The former is all that matters for a daily runner. ;)

I can run my E6750 that I'm testing stock volts at 3.74GHz 1M/EVEREST/Sandra stable, open bench was idling at 6-11C, but hell, it's no way stable, needs much more voltages and inside a case you can add 20C to the temps since I was using 2C air with deltas.

totally agree and from what Iv seen they clock around 600-900 more than the latest steppings of the core arc.

My setup is a closed case low fan speed 3.6 that I call stable,but with the case open and a few more fans I can bench all night at 3.7-3.8,I have plenty of prime tests if you search my name.

This forum is not the type that would post suicide runs and call them stable

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Ill be the bigger man

Just as soon as you grow another foot :rofl:

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Heh heh.. he thinks his setup is powerhouse :)

Not that anyone actually believes he has half what he says ;)

im gona take a pic in a few so I can finally :banana::banana::banana::banana: on you,I will take one with my ps3,xbox hd dvd drive,40in xbr in a few haha...Ill also have my brand new sony laptop that cost me 1800 bucks

edit sorry some of us actually make enough money and can afford nice things like the new chips but its kids like you that like to play internt tough guy.What blu ray or hd dvd movie do you want me to have playing?lol

gundersausage
11-22-2007, 11:57 PM
im gona take a pic in a few so I can finally :banana::banana::banana::banana: on you,I will take one with my ps3,xbox hd dvd drive,40in xbr in a few haha...Ill also have my brand new sony laptop that cost me 1800 bucks
What happened to being the bigger man and not replying?

Heh heh.. that was soooo easy :)

Skratch
11-22-2007, 11:59 PM
What happened to being the bigger man and not replying?

Heh heh.. that was soooo easy :)

this is actually fun cuz I get to show off now, Ican post a few pics of my M3 and S4 if you want oo

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 12:01 AM
this is actually fun cuz I get to show off now, Ican post a few pics of my M3 and S4 if you want oo
Don't forget the pic of your mom bringing you baked beans in your bedroom :p:

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
IM in the middle of moving my computer to another room so I needed something to let me losen up a little before work in the AM,I have been busy all night with this setup.

well here it is bro...now lets see you value setup.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2418/dsc01198lc0.jpg

IM sure you still live home with mommy,maybe you can ask her to get you a yourky for xmas

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 12:21 AM
IM in the middle of moving my computer to another room so I needed something to let me losen up a little before work in the AM,I have been busy all night with this setup.

IM sure you still live home with mommy,maybe you can ask her to get you a yourky for xmas

Wow your friend is a pig, tells me a lot about the state of his life.. took you long enough to bicycle to his house too :p:

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Wow your friend is a pig.. took you long enough to bicycle to his house too :p:

yea at 3:00 am haha,unfortunatly that pig stie is my home,I know it looks like crap,notice the gear of war and crysis games on my desk :)

are we done playing games yet,this is getting a little off topic.

also notice the dfi and striker extreme motherboard boxes on the right.Believe it or not this is over 6k worth of hardware

maybe I should buy an AMD rig just to bust your ballz?haha

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 12:26 AM
yea at 3:00 am haha,unfortunatly that pig stie is my home,I know it looks like crap,notice the gear of war and crysis games on my desk :)Seriously, it's disgusting, the only conclusion one can come to from that pic is the owner needs to get a car, a job, a girlfriend and a life

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Seriously, it's disgusting, the only conclusion one can come to from that pic is the owner needs to get a car, a job, a girlfriend and a life

notice me and my hot wife in the pic to the left haha,this is getting good :rofl:

let me know when you done playing games,I have a real job to get to in the AM...Have fun with your value system,Ill enjoy the perks of owning a buisness that allows me to buy these nice toys.seriously tho you made yourself look like a troll.I honeslty could care less what your going to type next,I;m still a little buzzed from today and let myself bring the kid outa me.Have a happy holiday and serioulsy calm down with your internet tough guy act.

Happy Holidays :)

Ps im selling my ps3 if you interested,2 games and 5 movies for 400 and its the 80gb version

railmeat
11-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Wow! You can't say this when there hasn't been a good overclocking review yet.

agree %110;)

@ skratch,
nice equip no doubt but buy a bigger desk. and i would clean up a little bit man,guys like above will bust your balls,lol it does look like a scud missle hit it(no offense). =)

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:41 AM
agree %110;)

@ skratch,
nice equip no doubt but buy a bigger desk =)

haha thats actually why its so messed up,were about to get a bigger desk and move things around,The xmas tree is going to go there and that huge 40in has to go,its driving the laddy crazzy.

AMD-PHENOM
11-23-2007, 12:42 AM
notice me and my hot wife in the pic to the left haha,this is getting good :rofl:

let me know when you done playing games,I have a real job to get to in the AM...Have fun with your value system,Ill enjoy the perks of owning a buisness that allows me to buy these nice toys.seriously tho you made yourself look like a troll.I honeslty could care less what your going to type next,I;m still a little buzzed from today and let myself bring the kid outa me.Have a happy holiday and serioulsy calm down with your internet tough guy act.

Happy Holidays :)

Ps im selling my ps3 if you interested,2 games and 5 movies for 400 and its the 80gb version

No offence, but why would anyone in their right mind purchase a PS3?

Looks like you have lots of money, shame you don't buy some manners.

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Err the blurry photo of the bald guy with some woman? :rofl:

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:46 AM
No offence, but why would anyone in their right mind purchase a PS3?

Looks like you have lots of money, shame you don't buy some manners.

ps3 came with the sony tv,it was a bestbuy combo deal,I was called out,search my name,this is the first time I have ever come off as being a big shot,I just hate being called out on.

I didnt start this.I was just posting up to see how the AMD side of things were going and got called out for basically not having a value system without the kid knowing what I even have.

Skratch
11-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Err the blurry photo of the bald guy with some woman? :rofl:

its blurry because of your ACCER lcd:ROTF:

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 12:51 AM
its blurry because of your ACCER lcd:ROTF:
Firstly, that's not how you spell Acer

Secondly... you're bald :rofl:

Skratch
11-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Secondly... you're bald :rofl:

can you lay off me bro,you keep baiting me to post on,you are a troll and should get a walk for a few days,maybe take a peak at the forum rules...If it wasnt for you this wouldnt have gone this far...grow the hell up and leave my posts alone.I am putting you on ignore so dont bother posting

1. Absolutely NO personal attacks.
Flaming or inciting flaming (also known as flame baiting) will not be tolerated, no exceptions. This includes references to bodily harm/violence.

20. Trolling
Anyone entering the forum with the express intent to cause trouble or harm is subject to immediate and permanent ban.

Skratch
11-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Tissue?

You started it.. now you cry for teacher like a little girl

im only quating you so you dont edit your post...why dont you re read this whole thread and see who started what.Maybe pretend your not gunder and see for your self.

You tried to tell me to buy a chip that dosnt exist.

Skratch
11-23-2007, 01:19 AM
So basically you tied to be a punk.. lost badly because you were way out of your league and now you want to hide behind the rules you were perfectly happy to break when you thought you had a chance of outwitting me.. run along peewee

How am I a punk everything I posted is 100% acurite.Where am I out of my league?I clearly have a power house.

you threw the insults to me bro,I have not called you one single word other than a 14 year old,wich is prolly close to what your real age is.

lost badly in what an internet fight?

just keep diiging you hole deeper,Im sure you lost all the respect you have from any other forum memebers on here.

Skratch
11-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Err you clearly have a dirty house..

How many replies ago did you say you were the bigger man and would not be answering anymore? :rolleyes:

see you keep trolling on

that was then untill I clearly see how childish you act on here.I did nothing to you.

You came into my post and quated me saying I have it all backwards,then tell me to buy a chip that dosnt exist,then tell me Im a loser for paying to much and not having a value system,without even knowing what I have,SHOULD I GO ONNNNNN.

the rest is just going back and forth with you.I don't know what your problem is but sorry I had to be the one that actually has what he says he has.

Calmatory
11-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Love to see people telling to get Intel on AMD section. While there is no point getting AMD at this moment, some people have to. Including me, I think. Limited budget is one of the reasons people need to stick with AMD.

No, AMD is not going to beat ANY of the Intels QC CPU's for a long time now. K10 flopped, big time. High TDP, low clocks, no OC potential... Worse than netburst!

So let's settle down and wait for Bulldozer, aye?

cky2k6
11-23-2007, 01:27 AM
gunder, you're reported for trolling, and you earned an invite to my ignore list... skratch, you're not much higher cause you kept feeding him... stop this crap, and return to the topic at hand...

Skratch
11-23-2007, 01:29 AM
im done here

Den Leiw
11-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Boah can the both of you stop, this is totally useless

cky2k6
11-23-2007, 01:58 AM
funny, how you mention pm, as you pm'd me first saying fanboy, lol... irrelevant much? oh and if you're wondering, i was just too tempted to see what you posted, so i clicked on view post, so don't worry, you still have ignore list honors.

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 02:07 AM
funny, how you mention pm, as you pm'd me first saying fanboy, lol... irrelevant much? oh and if you're wondering, i was just too tempted to see what you posted, so i clicked on view post, so don't worry, you still have ignore list honors.
You realize you are now doing exactly what you told skratch and I to stop doing :rolleyes:

kiikkuja
11-23-2007, 03:41 AM
This thread is really gay. Thanks alot gunder*sshole!!

Jamesrt2004
11-23-2007, 04:20 AM
You seem obsessed with being gay and *ssholes.. anything you'd like to tell us? :p:

Wow immature much... what's with the personal attacks on everyone...

knightwolf654
11-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Well I have got the 9500, and installed it in my M2N32SLI, but the new BIOS that ASUS have provided is a disaster, but heres an initial WPrime 32m and 1024M result to whet your appetites.....

Bear in mind this is at stock and a seriously problematic BIOS....

Any change of nay kind, even just enabling the RAM SLI Profiles results in a POST failure needing a CLR CMOS, it will only POST and Boot if BIOS is left at default values, the smallest change results in POST failing...

Anyway heres some screenshots:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/WPRIMEPhenom.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/phenominfo.jpg

And a 3DMark06 comparison with my 6400+ Oc'd to 3520, you'll notice the problems that this BIOS brings with graphics performance, the PCI-E, HT BUS is really messed up (light blue is the 6400+m and the dark blue is the Phenom) EDIT: Sorry theat should be the other way round the light blue is Phenom and the dark blue is 6400+....... you can see the CPU wscore improves but the rest is a disaster....:(

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/3dm06phenom.jpg

it dosent look that bad, a 3.5Ghz k8 vs a 2.2 Ghz k10 and the k10 scores higher in the cpu test. are you using the same video card in both tests?

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Wow immature much... what's with the personal attacks on everyone...I didn't make the gay (_!_) slur, merely referenced it.. so you'll have to redirect your question to it's rightful author

kazgirl
11-23-2007, 05:02 AM
it dosent look that bad, a 3.5Ghz k8 vs a 2.2 Ghz k10 and the k10 scores higher in the cpu test. are you using the same video card in both tests?

Hi there, yeah exact same setup other than the CPU.... 2 x 8800GTS 320MB BIOS Flash OC'd @ 612/900

I'll do a sig in a bit now with my system specs.... my bad should've done it sooner...!!!!!

cegras
11-23-2007, 05:13 AM
lol @ pocket psychology.

If you believe in Freud, then ergo you accept Alder's principles, e.g. you're both compensating for some sort of deficiency in your lives.

gunder especially fails for drawing an ascii ass, lawlwut. How old are you, 14? Didja spend your mommie's christmas money already? She'll be mad : (

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 05:19 AM
lol @ pocket psychology.

If you believe in Freud, then ergo you accept Alder's principles, e.g. you're both compensating for some sort of deficiency in your lives.

gunder especially fails for drawing an ascii ass, lawlwut. How old are you, 14? Didja spend your mommie's christmas money already? She'll be mad : (Pfft Freud was a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:, fainted every time he was presented with anything outside his little world view.. begged Jung not to succumb to the dark tide of occultism but good old Carl knew there was more to the mind and life than Freud's egocentric potty training

And that ass was kicking, you are just jealous because it looks better than yours.. ((_!_))

railmeat
11-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Love to see people telling to get Intel on AMD section. While there is no point getting AMD at this moment, some people have to. Including me, I think. Limited budget is one of the reasons people need to stick with AMD.

No, AMD is not going to beat ANY of the Intels QC CPU's for a long time now. K10 flopped, big time. High TDP, low clocks, no OC potential... Worse than netburst!

So let's settle down and wait for Bulldozer, aye?

"AMD is not going to beat ANY of the Intels QC CPU's for a long time now. K10 flopped, big time. High TDP, low clocks, no OC potential... Worse than netburst! "

i would like to say to early to tell but u may just be right,rofl?!?!?:shakes: i need some more seasoned reviews!!:shrug:

Inteleron
11-23-2007, 05:38 AM
If you want real oc'ing potential then I suggest you change brands

check sig ;) its been a year with the darkside already :up:

kazgirl
11-23-2007, 06:19 AM

Yeah CPU score seems about right, its why I think the BIOS is a bit flakey, I'm pretty sure theres some problems with the HT BUS and PCI-E Lanes, so it could be chipset driver problem as well, but theres no chipset driver update available at the moment....

But the BIOS is definitely a bit screwy as it fails to POST with any change to any BIOS setting..... will only POST if all settings left at default.....

v0dka
11-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks for your input Kazgirl.

It boggles my mind how mods can let a perfectly usefull thread derail as much as it did here. I'll refrain from further comments on the suasage with the so called witty posts.

kazgirl
11-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah, thought I'd try to get things back on track.....

And I'm new to the forum too....lol....

Looking forward to seeing MajorOords OC too.....

Has anyone else got a Phenom in an AM2 mobo....???

informal
11-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks for your input Kazgirl.

It boggles my mind how mods can let a perfectly usefull thread derail as much as it did here. I'll refrain from further comments on the suasage with the so called witty posts.

QFT.
It seems that no matter what,we just can't have a normal AMD related thread anymore...And i think mods are doing their best ,but it isn't enough since there are so many off topic posts(*tries hard not to call them troll posts*)

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 07:32 AM
QFT.
It seems that no matter what,we just can't have a normal AMD related thread anymore...And i think mods are doing their best ,but it isn't enough since there are so many off topic posts(*tries hard not to call them troll posts*)The reason is obvious to me, the AMD camp is just too sensitive, I've tried to point out I've had an AMD processor in my system 6 out of the last 7 years but all people see is my current CPU and instantly start screaming Intel fanboy/troll etc.. price/performance gets my money.. but so many in here seem to take any AMD failure personally and blindly go on the attack.. it's ludicrous

knopflerbruce
11-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Hm, I wish some people would make their own forum where they can yell at each other, instead of writing PAGES of BS.

Hopefully, some MOD will make this thread nice and On-topic again:D

I think Phenom will be pretty good, but it needs time. And we need decent reviews!

mstp2009
11-23-2007, 08:10 AM
The reason is obvious to me, the AMD camp is just too sensitive, I've tried to point out I've had an AMD processor in my system 6 out of the last 7 years but all people see is my current CPU and instantly start screaming Intel fanboy/troll etc.. price/performance gets my money.. but so many in here seem to take any AMD failure personally and blindly go on the attack.. it's ludicrous

WERD.

I swear all the AMD fans are perpetually PMSing.

gundersausage
11-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Hm, I wish some people would make their own forum where they can yell at each other, instead of writing PAGES of BS.

Hopefully, some MOD will make this thread nice and On-topic again:D

I think Phenom will be pretty good, but it needs time. And we need decent reviews!
You've gotten decent reviews.. you just didn't get the results you wanted

Skratch
11-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Im waiting for a decent board and I will end up building a decent AMD rig soon.I am kinda biased towards Asus,but I have no clue whats good for the AMD side of boards.

Just for reference I have gunder on ignore too so people dont think Im a AMD troll,I have a e6600 and a q6600 so I don't know what that guys problem was.

I am honestly thinking about building the rig,Im just waiting it out untill they fix all the little bios bugs.

KTE
11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Same boat as me Skratch. ;) Their boards will have problems yet for sure, especially older AM2 boards and you have Nvidia boards releasing soon anyway as well as the prices will prolly decrease as soon as stock increases & demand falls a little.

Movieman
11-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Reluctantly puts on Mod hat:
To Gundersausage and Skratch:
Will you two guys grow up and give this crap a break?
Reread your posts and it sounds like two little kids moaning at one another.
C'mon guys, this is XtremeSystems not RomperRoom for preschoolers.

KTE
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Haha LOL! :D

Who's this with a Phenom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_q_9a4zDps

akaBruno
11-23-2007, 10:41 AM
It's kinda funny, like... Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butt-head, gundersausage and Skratch. :D

Movieman
11-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Actually we were calling each other children.. which is what you just did as well

In fact everyone that chose to complain about trolling did so by name calling, no differently to what Skratch and I were doing..

So hypocrisy aside.. I guess we all agree :p:

Then I will rephrase it in a different manner:
Stop this crap immediately.
Done.

Movieman
11-23-2007, 10:59 AM
If you are going to delete my reply to Akabruno but leave his pointless and off topic flame then you may as well give up any pretense of moderation

You are the one that seems unwilling to stop even when asked by a moderator. I am removing your posts from this thread and asking that you be given a vacation from Xs so that you have time to rethink your thought process.
I'm not here to waste my time in an endless back and forth with you nor am I here to take your sarcasm.
I'm now asking that you stop posting in this thread.

Movieman
11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Gentlemen:
This thread will be closed for a short period of time until I can get an admin in here to remove a persons account from XS.
Thanks for your understanding.

Movieman
11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Thread reopened.
My apologies for the interuption.

Nazu
11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Props for Movieman :up: Some people just don't know when to stop...

I think that getting Phenom if you have a older AM2 mobo isn't that wise. Seems like no manufacturer has a bios that's mature enough to take 'full' advantage of the Phenom's performance. Even if the bios is good there's still that fact that Phenom is going the slower on the older chipsets because they can't benefit from the features that Phenom has (HyperTransport 3.0 and the power saving features for example).
If somebody insist on AMD the wisest choice would probably be getting a 790FX mobo and 9500 Phenom. But I think many will skip these Phenoms and wait for the better revision that shows better oc potential (atleast I hope that there will be a new revision like that).

KTE
11-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks a lot on ALL our behalfs Dave. :)

Anyone tried changing X4 multi through overdrive yet? Macci, if you're reading, will this feature work on retail X4's on AM2 and AM2+ boards?

DoubleZero
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks a lot on ALL our behalfs Dave. :)

+1

Anyone tried changing X4 multi through overdrive yet? Macci, if you're reading, will this feature work on retail X4's on AM2 and AM2+ boards?
Probably only in the black editions, and in AM2+ boards.

akaBruno
11-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Yea... heheheh Old Gundersausage needs to take his Ron Jeremy act elsewhere for a long lolng while. :clap:

Movieman
11-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Yea... heheheh Old Gundersausage needs to take his Ron Jeremy act elswhere for a long lolng while. :clap:

Please, lets forget him and get this back to the topic.
He won't be posting here for awhile..

freeloader
11-23-2007, 12:57 PM

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2418/dsc01198lc0.jpg

Looks like a typical nerd workstation! :D

mstp2009
11-23-2007, 01:01 PM
A MESSY nerd's workstation.

Cleanliness is next to godliness. ;)

kazgirl
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Glad to see things are getting back on track it sort of deterred me from posting for a while..... anyway getting back to the subject, I've e-mailed ASUS support to ask them for clarification on the BIOS v1503 whether it is actually a Phenom supporting BIOS, and highlighting the problems I'm having, and asking if they have any newer BIOS release due to be released anytime soon.......got the automated reply backs saying they will respond wihtin 48hours......nothing so far....

I'm wondering what could be possible causes for the problems, and was wondering...... if the IMC and NB voltage being linked on the Phenom is a possible cause..... as both issues that I'm having seem to involve both the RAM and the GFX performance..... Does anyone think theres any plausability to this theory...???

At least I seem to recall reading somehwere that the NB and IMC voltages were linked to one another.

So as the the IMC on the Phenom and with AM2+ mobo has a seperate power plane to the CPU, but with AM2 the CPU + IMC share the same power plane, could this be causing some kind of compatabilty issue with the CPU, IMC + NB power planes on an AM2 mobo, thats causing complications for the BIOS coding..... and therefore affecting the Memory and graphics performance.....?????????

Just my theory on it anyway.....!!!!!!

akaBruno
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Kaz... I think that you lost most of us a long time ago...

knightwolf654
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
so the cpu score is high yet the graphics are laggin behind due to bios and chipset problems. did you try any other versions?

freeloader
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Has anyone else wondered why the L3 cache on the Phenom doesn't run at full core speed? I'm curious to see what type of performance increase can be had by running the L3 cache at full CPU speed.

64dragon
11-23-2007, 09:25 PM
kazgirl, thanks for posting the pics. the phenom ht is supposed to be 3600 but since your running it on an am2 board not an am2+ its only running at 2000. this could be causing some or most of the issue with the pci-e bus. hopefully another new bios will come out soon so you can take it off default and lower the multi and increase the htt/fsb and leave the ht multi at 5 allowing the ht bus to OC. imo its pointless to try comparing a cpu @ 2.2 with one at 3.5 however in the cpu tests the phenom did do better

cegras
11-23-2007, 09:43 PM
To be honest, I've had great expectations for the phenom, partly because of their claims of really low power consumption / low idle heat.

That was what disappointed me the most.

kazgirl
11-24-2007, 06:34 AM
so the cpu score is high yet the graphics are laggin behind due to bios and chipset problems. did you try any other versions?

This is the only BIOS available for the M2N32SLI at the moment, its the latest one released this week, I don't think any previous BIOS will have Phenom support of any kind..... I'm hoping that ASUS will get a new BIOS in the near furure, stil waiting for a reply from them though....

kazgirl, thanks for posting the pics. the phenom ht is supposed to be 3600 but since your running it on an am2 board not an am2+ its only running at 2000. this could be causing some or most of the issue with the pci-e bus. hopefully another new bios will come out soon so you can take it off default and lower the multi and increase the htt/fsb and leave the ht multi at 5 allowing the ht bus to OC. imo its pointless to try comparing a cpu @ 2.2 with one at 3.5 however in the cpu tests the phenom did do better

Hi dragon, well in the BIOS the HT default multi is x5, but whereas with the X2 6400+ installed there are 3 different HT Multis available to change, i.e. NB, SB, and NB>CPU, with the Phenom installed there is only a single global HT Multi available for changing, which does sort of make sense as I always used to have all 3 before at the same setting anyway....

About the whole power thing I mentioned above, we all know that one of the benefits of the AM2+ is the split power planes for the IMC and CPU right, which is different to the AM2 which has just the one power plane for the whole CPU including the IMC....

Which is where you see the extra VRM's on an AM2+ mobo, you have the usual VRM's for the CPU power supply and the new VRM's for the IMC.

So apparently AM2+ now uses 1 power plane for the CPU and 1 for the IMC, and the NB is somehow linked to the IMC (I cant remember right now if its the speed thats linked or the voltage or power - I'll try to see what i can find out about this - or if someone already knows perhaps they can reply)

We know that the NB is responsible for keeping the CPU fed with the data from the GFX cards etc.....

So anyway at the moment it seems that my CPU is working correctly hence the increase in the CPU scores in 3DM06, but that the GFX performance has been drastically reduced.... suggesting an issue with the NB>CPU Link

Now I knew to expect a drop due to the different CPU speeds i.e. 3520Mhz on the X2 6400+ and 2200MHz on the X4 9500, but it seems to me that the drop is way more than it should be...... so IMO this indicates a problem with the HT/PCI-E performance, which is of course run via the NB > CPU Link right....

In addittion to this it seems that any attempt to get my RAM to run at its rated setting via the SLI Profiles, which of course involves changing the vdimm for the RAM from the JEDEC standard 1.8v to 2.2v/2.3v.... causes the PC to fail to POST.....

OK so given the new architechture of the AM2+ Phenom, and the afore mentioned issues about the whole power planes, well the 3 main components affected by the whole power plane issue are the CPU, IMC and NB.....

Which it appears are the exact components which are limiting the performance of my PC with the Phenom installed on an AM2 mobo.....

So I'm just wondering if there are bigger issues with the whole backward compatability of Phenom AM2+ and AM2, than has previosuly been mentioned..... due to the whole split power planes thing...or NB and IMC link... and whether this can or can't be overcome by a newer BIOS...... ????

It just seems too much of a co-incidence IMO that the 3 components primarily affected by the changes are the same 3 components that seem to be the cause of the dramatic drop in performance with Quad core on an AM2 mobo over a Dual Core on the same AM2 mobo

informal
11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Has anyone else wondered why the L3 cache on the Phenom doesn't run at full core speed? I'm curious to see what type of performance increase can be had by running the L3 cache at full CPU speed.

My bet is that they tried to lower the power consumption even more,but this affected the L3 and mem. latency greatly...I guess if someone could manage to run NB @core clocks or even @higher than core clocks,we could see a noce boost for Phenom,since the L3 latency would drop like a rock and mem. bandwidth would go much higher(no matter in what "mode"-ganged or unganged).
Let's hope that TLB bug in L3 doesn't stop us from going higher with the NB(since it's integral part of NB and runs at the same clocks and @ the same power plane)

mstp2009
11-24-2007, 07:41 AM
informal - latency would be lowest when the NB and cores are synchronous. Even at faster than core speeds you would incur a latency penalty for non-synchronous operation.

informal
11-24-2007, 08:11 AM
informal - latency would be lowest when the NB and cores are synchronous. Even at faster than core speeds you would incur a latency penalty for non-synchronous operation.

Yes i do know that,BUT i also recall one AMD slide (can't find it at the moment) saying something like:"run northbridge at higher frequency than the cores to obtain even more performance".We know that AMD abandoned the idea of same freq. for the whole CPU,so we don't know what happens if the NB is ran at higher clocks in reality.

mstp2009
11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Yes i do know that,BUT i also recall one AMD slide (can't find it at the moment) saying something like:"run northbridge at higher frequency than the cores to obtain even more performance".We know that AMD abandoned the idea of same freq. for the whole CPU,so we don't know what happens if the NB is ran at higher clocks in reality.

After all the recent CRAP that has come out of AMD I don't believe one thing they say. AMD marketing people will currently say ANYTHING.

Synchronous operation for cache and memory accesses has always (i.e. last 40 years) had lower latency than async operation.

I seriously doubt that AMD has found a magical solution that makes async access faster than sync.

cky2k6
11-24-2007, 08:26 AM
@ informal: it was probably referring to the ht bus, not northbridge.

informal
11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
@ informal: it was probably referring to the ht bus, not northbridge.

HT bus speed and NB speed are in direct connection in K10.So if you say OC the HTT to 235 and NB multi is 9,the resulting NB clock is 9x235.
If you were referring to the default HT frequency (in case of HT3.0 and higher clocks than HT2.0),this will bring nothing to desktop users and i doubt that AMD was speaking about that..

cky2k6
11-24-2007, 08:55 AM
i was meaning the "dual channel" clock for ht, i know its base clock is same as nb... okay, i know it doesn't mean jack in real life, but this was most likely a marketing slide you looked at, so they very well could've tried to bs...

informal
11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
i was meaning the "dual channel" clock for ht, i know its base clock is same as nb... okay, i know it doesn't mean jack in real life, but this was most likely a marketing slide you looked at, so they very well could've tried to bs...

Yeah,but better to reserve the judgment after we see what effect higher NB clocks have one Phenom.I still hope the TLB errata in L3 won't limit OC potential of the whole NB.

cky2k6
11-24-2007, 09:03 AM
right, but i don't think amd was advocating people to oc the northbridge to insanely high clocks, they were just pimping ht 3.0. i do believe oc'ing the northbridge brings higher performance, I think we're already seeing it in this thread, but over core clocks would be tough, especially with initial revisions.

Brother Esau
11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
WOW:eek: ...Come in to read aabout a direct comparison and I get three pages of kids having a :banana::banana::banana::banana: measuring contest:shakes:

Thanks for taking care of it Dave:) kinda hard to find out whats going on with that crap going on.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man I would really like to get the DFI 790FX but sheesh it would be a downgrade. If it weren't for the fact I don't like Intel I really wouldn't be having a hard time with this!

cky2k6
11-25-2007, 12:22 AM
dude, you don't ever want to post here again, do you...

cky2k6
11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
buddy, just to be objective here, you were completely wrong on yorkfield, and you started attacking skratch for having an expensive system. from there on, you both acted like retards, but you had no reason to instigate anything, skratch wasn't trying to act superior, you were... this is xtremesystems, cliche right? so if a guy wants to spend 1k on a cpu to have it oc a few hundred more mhz, its totally his prerogative to do so, and you are nobody to be a judge of whether he should get a budget system or not. again, you both acted like tards, but skratch stopped, and you went on, and went after movieman. bad idea...

mongoled
11-25-2007, 02:37 AM
You should apologize for selective censorship, people that compromise their values the way you did open the door to suppression and dictatorship.. why don't you take a holiday and think about your behavioroh no......you really dont get it do you?

informal
11-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Picking up a fight with Movieman(again) is not a good idea ,gundersrevenge

TheDauntless
11-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Whether it is a good idea or not to pick on a mod, Gunder should really read what he writes. You instigated and personally attack skratch on MULTIPLE occasions. The problem with you is you feel too great about yourself and act extremely condescending. You also like to dictate your way of thinking on other and insulting everyone else along the way. Online anonymity really does wonders.

By the way, did you forget you're in the AMD subforum? If people are interested in buying Intel then they would go to the Intel subforum, they don't need you to tell them in the AMD subforum. Doesn't that sound a little bit more logical?

While I think skratch is not the brightest person, you are worse.

If you think your solitaire comment was the only insult you should really reread your posts. Here are some quotes:

I am playing Crysis in 1900 and getting 45 fps.. and spent a fraction of what you did

I'm also a reseller for a few Computer companies so don't think for a second I'm paying loser prices like you

Did you forget you're in the xtremesystems forum? You know, the people who spend a small fortune on computer components? I sell shoes; should I laugh at my customers because they don't know value and don't listen to what I'm saying? Oh I buy Mephisto and Finn Comfort shoes for less than half price, I guess you're paying loser prices then.

Wow your friend is a pig, tells me a lot about the state of his life.. took you long enough to bicycle to his house too

Seriously, it's disgusting, the only conclusion one can come to from that pic is the owner needs to get a car, a job, a girlfriend and a life

rr the blurry photo of the bald guy with some woman?

Great! You probably just insulted more than half the forum lurkers/posters on this forum. Assume more about real life please. Oh! On your way out, please link us a picture of you and your super model girlfriend/wife so we can have some wanking material.

Secondly... you're bald
I didn't know being bald is a sin/crime. Did you know being bald is usually an incurable condition? Even if it can be helped it will costs thousands of dollars to fix. Can you show us your phat paycheque? It is really nice of you to make fun of bald people. Maybe you should do it to the shady black guy in real life and see what he does.

TheDauntless
11-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Save the sermon for sunday

The little twit got what he deserved

And the rest of you are just super sensitive because AMD got owned and boned again

Wait... wait... hold the :banana::banana::banana::banana: UP. Are you telling me the Intel fanboys who started million page threads defending netburst and Intel during the A64 days aren't worse than the AMD fan boys? No, I'll take the AMD forum anyday. At least people from the AMD forum don't go to another forum and say "lawlalwlwalalwlwawl if you want to oc you should switch companies."

And no, it's not about the "twit," it's about you and being a condescending :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Hypocrisy? I saw none, just you personally attacking someone for no reason.

informal
11-25-2007, 04:19 AM
gundersrevenge,ok you said what you have to say.Was it worth it?So many people you pissed off for nothing.
This is called AMD subforum and is a place where people who prefer or like AMD come and post some interesting results or look for solutions for their problems.You didn't come here for neither,nor you helped anyone in the process.You got yourself banned(rightfully) and now you will do that to yourself again.It's not the point that you can register again,you can do it 1000 times.The point is people will not take anything you say seriously,ever again.
Oh and results of the thread is a wasted bandwidth( that we could have used much better now that Phenom is entering into XS).

mstp2009
11-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Why? he already had me banned and I stepped around that :p:

I have 2 other alias's I can assume on different IP's and email addys..

I mean this place is for extreme enthusiasts right.. don't be too surprised if some of us can circumvent any security they've got

As someone that runs another forum, I've been known to block entire subnets when people like you show up after being banned.

Trust me, you will run out of IP addresses LONG before Movieman runs out of time and patience to ban each and every one of your accounts.

informal
11-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Not that I really hang out here anyway..

Sorry couldn't resist it :D :

informal
11-25-2007, 05:44 AM
I wanted to break the tension with a small joke :D,hope it worked out :)

knightwolf654
11-25-2007, 07:24 AM
See now that's the spirit.. if everyone wasn't so uptight there would be no wars

yeah multi accounts you wont be here much longer.

Jupiler
11-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Goodbye, gunder.
Topic closed for the time being.

Jupiler
11-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Thread cleaned out and reopened.

knightwolf654
11-25-2007, 08:50 AM
thanks jupiler.

kazgirl u get anything back from ASUS yet?

Brother Esau
11-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Thank you Jupiler and Movieman:)

Now maybe we can get down to business and get some info on whats what please.

kazgirl
11-25-2007, 10:19 AM
thanks jupiler.

kazgirl u get anything back from ASUS yet?

Hi knightwolf,

Sorry took a while to post back, but I took a break again once that Gunder guy turned up, went to look at some other threads, I thought "OH no here we go again".... but glad to see its taken care of... so I'll say no more about it...

I'm still waiting for ASUS to get back to me, I recieved the automated reply on Fri, saying that they would reply within 48 hours Mon-Fri, so I'm hoping for a reply sometime tomorrow....

I've been checking the Asus downloads page as well, to see if anything new gets put there....but nothing so far.... I guess I'm going to be visiting that page quite often over the coming days....if not weeks...!!!

As soon as I hear anything I'll be sure to POST here their response.... heres what I sent them,

Problem with 1503 BIOS, and M2N32SLI Motherboard,/chipset drivers, when using Phenom 9500. PC boots to windows, however the PCI-E, HT BUS are severely compromised......any graphics application is severely affected.

1. There seems to be a significant problem with the implementation of the HT BUS and PCI-E Lanes using this BIOS and motherboard with the Phenom CPU.

2. The BIOS does not allow the use of SLI RAM Profiles, and any change of any kind to try to use manual settings to set RAM at correct settings, causes POST failure.

3. Is a new BIOS due to be released soon fixing these issues...????

4. Any change of any kind from the BIOS default settings, causes POST failure, and any attempt at trying to OC (The main reason for buying an ASUS Motherboard) causes POST failure.

Its my understanding that the M2N32SLI is supposed to support Phenom CPU's with a BIOS update, but at the AM2 standards, i.e. without the addittional benefits that AM2+ affords - (HT 3.0, Seperate power planes for CPU and IMC etc), - I'm aware of this, but want to use the Phenom in my M2N32SLI until more motherboard options are available at a later date..... but the latest BIOS effectively renders my PC unuseable with the Phenom,

Is the 1503 BIOS a Phenom Support BIOS, as all it says on the downloads page is support new CPU's, - refer to the CPU Support page, and on the CPU support page there are no CPU's listed for the 1503 BIOS.....so its impossible to say what new CPU's this BIOS supports...???????

I appreciate any answers you can provide to the above, as a loyal Asus customer....

Many thanks

Karen

so it may take them a while to give a full response I guess, either that or a canned response, like "NO new BIOS available at this time please keep checking ASUS support"..... Probably this is the more likely thing that they'll send I think..... BUt I live in hope of an actual meaningful reply.... fingers crossed that they get back to me tomorrow....