PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war s$%&s donkey b§$ls!

Der_KHAN
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
jesus christ this game plays like crap! i was soo looking forward to this, but hell, what a disappointment it has become!

wtf is up with that borked 3rd person view? i'm always running a little to the right side of the screen for some reason. i really have to concentrate to go forward in a straight line!
and then the difficulty... i went for hardcore because obviously i "know how to pull of a headshot" but in this game it seems to be impossible to do! :brick:

i played like 5mins and got frustrated right away! damn, it seems like all new games suck somehow. hl2:ep2 ... boring, cod4 ... boring, crysis... unplayable, gow ... weird console port

... it's depressing. :shakes:

YukonTrooper
11-16-2007, 12:39 PM
i really have to concentrate to go forward in a straight line!
Are you drinking while you play?

i played like 5mins and got frustrated right away! damn, it seems like all new games suck somehow. hl2:ep2 ... boring, cod4 ... boring, crysis... unplayable, gow ... weird console port
Maybe your just in a fowl mood lately and it seems like they all suck because all of those games are fantastic. I'll agree with you on Crysis but I won't play it until I can use eye candy at 60FPS on 1920X1200. I am playing EP2 right now and enjoying it immensely. Maybe you need some Adderall or Ritalin to enhance your concentration level and make things seem more enjoyable.

Scubar
11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Practice, I was the same when i got GOW, at first it really throws you off and i really hated it after 5 mins aswell. I gave it another chance and now ive got the hang of it . The grenade throws are abit crap and gameplay is a little bit slower than i would have hoped for but all in all its quite fun to play in short bursts. COD 4 and HL:EP2 i could sit and play for hours though, Crysis i have just got today and it seems like they have made the full game run even slower than the Demo. Its a real shame that you can have the most stuning visual effects in a game but not even able to play at a res above 1280x1024 even on the best cards out in SLI.

darkorb
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Gow i like. Crysis i will agree runs like :banana::banana::banana::banana:, beat the SP at 20fps, and the MP doesnt work.

But damn your wrong about COD4, that is the best game this year IMO. i havent played HL2 EP2

DilTech
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Eh, gears of war honestly is a great game, you just have to get it down.

Once you get the hang of it, it's smooth sailing from there.

Loony
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Give Gears of War a chance man. I've beaten it already on Hardcore, and the Co-op is pretty sweet.

If you came from mainly playing on a console I see why you're :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:ing.

Der_KHAN
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Are you drinking while you play?lol, no :D

it's just that the players character is offset to the left of the screen and theres no crosshair, for some reason this makes me aim to the right a little. feels really weird. :shrug:
i guess my biggest problem is that the controls are just inaccurate, like in most console games, while a fps on the pc usually allows for very precise movement.

...and the Co-op is pretty sweet.hmm, you got a point there. coop is something that i always want in a game cuz it's the most fun imo. and gow has another huge plus, it looks gorgeous and runs smooth as silk :D

...Crysis i have just got today and it seems like they have made the full game run even slower than the Demo. Its a real shame that you can have the most stuning visual effects in a game but not even able to play at a res above 1280x1024 even on the best cards out in SLI.you might wanna try my custom config files. the game runs much faster at almost max details. just set shadows to medium and the rest to high. (also under vista "high" and not "very high")