PDA

View Full Version : This weekend sucked!

makatee
07-25-2003, 12:53 PM
I put Windows back onto one of systems because i just bought myself 2 5900 ultras to play with. Well I get ready to start benching and i run downstairs to grabd some drinks and a movie because my girlfriend doesnt wanna sit there and watch it run 3dmark like me...:D Anyways, I come back upstairs and the computer isnt working. Turns out the ****ing mobo died. As I'm taking that out and going through everything, my girlfriend walks into my room and drops her drink on my 200 gig hardrive. What a spectacular day. Lost and NF7-S and a hardrive. Both are curently being RMA'd but still, this is a bit**. Until then i cant do the benching i really want because my next best system is an AMD at 2.3 ghz and i was hoping for at least 22,000 with my new barton 2500* at 2700 mhz. Dam*, i think the gods of 3dmark are telling me to quit now because i cant even compete ;)

DR. YT
07-26-2003, 06:40 AM
hey man the glass is half full. think about it your girlfriend broke your 200gb hd now i think she owes you a favor or two. nudg nudg wink wink:)

makatee
07-26-2003, 08:03 AM
That is good thinking Dr. YT...she has only been my gf for 2 weeks now, but there is no harm in speeding up the process some because of course i am in terrible terrible pain due to her killing my computer equipment ( yes, it was all her fault )

DR. YT
07-26-2003, 08:28 AM
hell yeah score one for the gipper and shiz!!

Foghorn
07-27-2003, 04:23 AM
Your lucky that it could be RMA'd.

I had a soda spill on a my workbench. The liquid ran under a 4gig hdd that was setting there. I grabbed it with the wet side down, ran into the bathroom and turned on the hot water in the sink. When it was good and hot I dipped the hdd into the water. I kept it level brough it up and shook the water off. Then I set it on top of a wet/dry shop vac, and left it for a ΒΌ hour setting on the exhaust with air blowing on the circut board.

I pulgged it in and the data was still there. I did a "Norton goast" on it and got rid of that HDD.

makatee
07-27-2003, 10:52 AM
the hard drive was still being powered though...electricity mixed with liquid= no good :D

Kunaak
07-30-2003, 10:37 PM
A few weeks ago, I bought 2 new R9800 Pros, cause I just killed one with a volt mod...

doing some great dry ice experiments, I get impatient, kill one motherboard, take out my stuff from the dead pc, put in my test PC, kill that motherboard too...

I had to sell both R9800 pros, to make up for the loss, and get some good PC's up and running again.

today, I am on a ti-4200 :(

makatee
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
ti-4200 is still a fun card to play with, but i do know what you are feeling with that loss of hardware...i think i just killed one 5900 ultra with condensation....i wish i didnt have a conscience because i would feel bad RMA'ing this...hopefully more blow drying and a day of rest and it will revive