PDA

View Full Version : C++ to .exe

Knight
11-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Well I wrote a program for a friend and I now want to make it easier for him to use it. Instead of giving him the source, I would like to make the program an .exe file. How do I do this? Google search has given me a lot to try, but has anyone here done this? What is your method?

syncrod
11-09-2007, 11:25 PM
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

or u can buy Visual Studio 2005

don't know any other alternatives beside those two

zanzabar
11-10-2007, 01:08 AM
i use VS 2008, but ur best off with visual studio 6 and its free from microsoft for all on their website

MKM
11-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Can't he just use some free compiler for this? there's loads of them on the net.

Knight
11-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. :) Right now I am using VS 2005, so I guess I can give him it. I just thought it might be cool to try something new.

Serra
11-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I recently was looking at a solution for this myself. My issue was that Microsoft forces you to do a few non-standard things to work for their OS (which is fair enough really, C++ wasn't exactly designed for Windows)... but I needed full portability. For my particular situation, I found it was best to use cygwin on the windows machine to compile/run the programs. Basically it's a small program that gives you a linux-style terminal that lets you use g++ to compile and the "./" execution method. It doesn't make a .exe, but depending on what the program is for this may/may not be a solution as well.

Knight
11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks to all. I got it to work. All good. :up: