PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7M266-D keyboard port dead

haylui
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
my Asus A7M266-D keyboard port was dead. I couldn't use a USB keyboard as it doesn't have a built-in USB controller. Now my system stuck during boot up. Anyone have any idea how to get the port working again??

Ugly n Grey
01-05-2008, 09:30 PM
hmmm.... a board that old would typically have a pica fuse protecting the motherboard from static shocks etc introduced via the keyboard. it was usually located behind the ps/2 socket...

in terms of firing it up and making it work without a keyboard I don't think it will... of note is that the manual for some models had incorrect front panel connector labelling that could cause you to put short the panel header that was actually in place for the "keyboard lock" function ..

About all I can think of... best of luck

twilyth
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Check this out SYBA PCI 32-bit High Speed USB 2.0 2x Ports and 2x PS2 Port Combo Card Model SD-NECPS-2U2PS2 - OEM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124045). I've never used one myself, but it should override the bios address for the mouse and keyboard.

haylui
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
brothers, thanks for the kind replies. I think I would like to move on by leaving this old board behind. Since quad cores are widely available now. No point I stick to technology 10 years old.