PDA

View Full Version : First Fullcover block for 8800GT

Malik
11-09-2007, 10:00 AM
This is no final version yet, but for me is beautiful :)

http://shackit.pl/jarogniew/newsy2/18/3.jpg

http://shackit.pl/jarogniew/newsy2/18/2.jpg

http://shackit.pl/jarogniew/newsy2/18/1.jpg

RockfordFosgate
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Looks nice but personally i dont like aqua computer bloks :D

Digital Nirvana
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
only problem with that block is no SLI

Eddy_EK
11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Nice block that AC, But the most important thing is hidden under the top.
And we all know why they don't want to show it :rofl:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66957&stc=1&d=1194631692

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66958&stc=1&d=1194631692

phelan1777
11-09-2007, 10:23 AM
EK your blocks will go SLI?

Xilikon
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Look at the open holes, it's sli ;)

phelan1777
11-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I know I was being a smart ass, I don't think EK has done a full cover that is NOT SLI capable.

Digital Nirvana
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
well at least it looks good on the OUTSIDE. but Eddys will definitely show the performance :D

MrMick
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66957&stc=1&d=1194631692

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66958&stc=1&d=1194631692

That full coverage block looks :cool: and i am sure it will perform just as good :D .

alejo
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
The final version of the AC block will be offered in Plexi aside from the stainless steel top, from what I've read. Nice that they are switching to copper.

Slitch
11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
yup, pretty nice.
But aquacomputer always has those G1/8 threads, god i hate those things.
Anyone knows EK is the baddest thing for your gfx card, so why bother? :D

Fujimitsu
11-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Eddy I love the mix of metals, makes it stand out without being obnoxiously flashy.

Standard acrylic/delrin top for that beauty?

Sparky
11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
If I had an 8800GT, looking for a fullcover block, there would be no doubt in my mind which I'd go for ;)

Pete
11-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Eddy never fails us ever ever ever

Exedy
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Eddy..some SLI ready and NP block for GT would be so perfect..:D

Black PCB ( bad GT not yet... ) + Nickel Plated = The most beautiful thing...:D

Garrett
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!
Good job Eddie, another fine piece of art :up:

Kayin
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Least AC deserves some props for moving to copper/stainless. Looks like I know what I'm after now...

dengyong
11-09-2007, 02:52 PM
EK blocks are awesome, until you get to that tacked on aluminum part.

If the reason for it is to make the block interchangeable with different length cards, at least offer a copper option. :2cents:

BigKahuna
11-09-2007, 03:00 PM
The final version of the AC block will be offered in Plexi aside from the stainless steel top, from what I've read. Nice that they are switching to copper.

Yes, that's right. And the plexi cover will offer the possibility for SLI use. ;)

yup, pretty nice.
Anyone knows EK is the baddest thing for your gfx card, so why bother? :D

Nope, not this time. It's G 1/4". They're changing this obviously.

disruptfam
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
EK blocks are awesome, until you get to that tacked on aluminum part.

If the reason for it is to make the block interchangeable with different length cards, at least offer a copper option. :2cents:

yeah a copper bit would be nice... i guess eddy eddy sees no need for as the aluminum part isn't touched by water...Would bring the price up a bit aswell i would assume... (Only cools the vrm's anyways!)

Doesn't bother me too much...still like the ek over other fc block dd,ac etc

although i would rather the end bit to be black apposed to silver looks so much better black... :)

Eddy_EK
11-09-2007, 03:29 PM

I understand your point of view.
But let me tell you that the mosfet chips needs very little cooling.
And if the aluminum part would be made of copper I am sure there would be no significant difference.
The only difference is in weight and easier milling of aluminum.
Perhaps we might offer a copper version... for the perfectionists like you ;)

disruptfam
11-09-2007, 03:32 PM
And if the aluminum part would be made of copper I am sure there would be no significant difference.

:up:

Xilikon
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Or gold with diamond to decorate for the bling bling in us :p:

Anyway, for me, it's good as is since i'm not Bling Bling Boy :)

Nate P.
11-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Eddy, that water block is pure pr0n.

dengyong
11-09-2007, 05:25 PM

I'm sure many people would pay the difference.:up:

Duh
11-09-2007, 08:15 PM
eddy, I have no words to describe your block......

YugenM
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
The block's exterior design looks reaaaaally similar to another company's product... (http://www.aquatuning.de/product_info.php/info/p1888_Watercool-HK-GPU-X--7950-GX2.html)

Good move on AC's part though, they're producing copper MOSFET blocks too now.

.Logic
11-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I love your blocks Eddy, looks to be of top quality as always. I also like how open you are to peoples suggestions e.g. copper mofset piece instead of aluminium, I don't think there is any other manufactuer that would respond in the same way (that's a good thing :D).

Jedda
11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

I'm sure many would.
Myself, I'd still take the lighter weight option though. FC block design needs to take weight into consideration and I prefer Eddy's choice of aluminium for the extension.
Looks good in black too.:up:

Nate P.
11-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Eddy, when are those gonna be available for retail?

disruptfam
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm sure many would.
Myself, I'd still take the lighter weight option though. FC block design needs to take weight into consideration and I prefer Eddy's choice of aluminium for the extension.
Looks good in black too.:up:

1 + :up:

Waterlogged
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM

That's what many said about the copper GTX top, when it came out, a few ppl started to :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and moan about the cost. Gabe hasn't posted much since then (I don't blame him either).

dinos22
11-09-2007, 11:25 PM
people shouldn't be encouraging full cover blocks from manufacturers in my opinion but rather just memory/mosfet heatsinks and normal blocks

that way you can keep using them on upgraded cards and just changing ram/mosfet heatsink and would be cheaper for end users in the end because you won't have to buy new blocks every time a new design is out :rolleyes:

Bartflaster
11-10-2007, 01:16 AM
The choice is the end users .... with graphics card memory getting so fast and hot its the best way IMO, but there are plenty out there if GPU block only is your preference, just let Eddy keep producing his works of art :)

Also I have to say, props to Aqua and Eddy for getting these ready so quick (I don't have a GT, but I am very impressed with how fast the blocks have materilized).

I know which would be my choice, and it isnt the Aqua ;) ... in fact one of the 8800GTX blocks of Eddy's will be winging its way to me before much longer :up:

If/when I change my graphics card, the cost of the block is a small proportion to the cost of high end graphics, so its not an issue TBH :)

Eddy_EK
11-10-2007, 02:01 AM
The first 8800 blocks will be out end of next week (till 16th) for distributors/resellers and also in our webshop.
I can assure you that!

ranker
11-10-2007, 03:48 AM
LOL. I love how AC users used to justify the use of Aluminum. It's good to see them eat crow now that AC realized they're not going to be selling anything if they don't conform to what the majority of us what: 1) Performance 2) Copper

Vampire_Hunter
11-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Number one rule as a dealer or manufacturer is to not talk bad about your competitors. Seems there is another thread in this same forum where you have done the exact same thing of showing a block and not posting the internals (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164405).

Pot meet the kettle... :ROTF:

Now on the OP I can say that a few things may be in store for the new AC block. With it's apparent thin size it looks like the floating core may be a thing of the past. I hope not as that was the unique engineering that made AC GPU coolers something special that stood out in the common crowd of people like EK, DD, and others.

Can't wait to see the finished product as that G92 prototype already looks yummy from my perspective. Too bad it's not aluminum as I always liked the black anodized look with the AC logo lit up. :D

Vampire_Hunter
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Aqua Computer has released pics of the internals of their new G92 water block. You can see it here (http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=7;action=display;num=1194549684). I'm bummed about no floating block and it's all copper now, what a waste. :shakes:

" The graphics processor is cooled, as is the VRAM together with the 10 voltage regulators. In addition, another three voltage regulators which are not fitted on the current card can also be cooled with this design. "

Seems they are in league with Nvidia as they have voltage regulators cooled that aren't showing up on current boards. Hows that for reducing TCO. :D

Vapor
11-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Learned a saying in 1st grade that applies here (mostly)...

First is the worst
Second is the best
Third is the one with the hairy chest

(apparently the 3rd line was an insult in the first grade...either way, the first two lines apply here ;))

NaeKuh
11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Learned a saying in 1st grade that applies here (mostly)...

First is the worst
Second is the best
Third is the one with the hairy chest

(apparently the 3rd line was an insult in the first grade...either way, the first two lines apply here ;))

oh dayam... vapor if that rules applies.

Scott was the first usually in most of the funky h2o setups. So he's the worst?

Second would come someone else near his ball park.

Last would be all of us that jump the bandwagon on blocks, and configs. So we all have hairy chests? :rofl:

Vapor
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Just saying that I like the EK more than the AC :yepp:

If the third one released is bristled, the saying is complete. :D

[XC] DragonOrta
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I definitely have a hairy chest.

dinos22
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Aqua Computer has released pics of the internals of their new G92 water block. You can see it here (http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=7;action=display;num=1194549684).

nice
they've improved :)

now someone's gotta start making them much cheaper :D

copper is only important for internals and CPU core

the rest should be ALU to save on cost and make them priced well as performance will not deteriorate
another advantage is weight >> it will reduce a lot

Duh
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Number one rule as a dealer or manufacturer is to not talk bad about your competitors. Seems there is another thread in this same forum where you have done the exact same thing of showing a block and not posting the internals (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164405).

Pot meet the kettle... :ROTF:

Now on the OP I can say that a few things may be in store for the new AC block. With it's apparent thin size it looks like the floating core may be a thing of the past. I hope not as that was the unique engineering that made AC GPU coolers something special that stood out in the common crowd of people like EK, DD, and others.

Can't wait to see the finished product as that G92 prototype already looks yummy from my perspective. Too bad it's not aluminum as I always liked the black anodized look with the AC logo lit up. :D

hey mr rules, would be nice if you edited your posts ( two into one ) so as tokeep OUR forum neat. It aint a rule but is a nice thing to do :)

[XC] DragonOrta
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I actually like the AC block. Just something about it. If I get an 8800gt, that is probably the block I would get for it, as long as it performs reasonably well.

Aldy402
11-15-2007, 07:21 AM
i canceled my mcw60 order to wait for EK's block
im waiting patiently to "add it to cart"

he said end of this week right?

cka3o4nuk
11-16-2007, 03:32 AM
http://www.aqua-computer.de/prodimg/8800gt_oberseite.jpg
http://www.aqua-computer.de/prodimg/8800gt_boden.jpg

Eddy_EK
11-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Hey.
If my eyes are not playing tricks on me, I see a 2mm deep channels.
Look, are this wave channels? :rofl:

EK-FC88 GT block will be out on Monday-Tuesday.
I miss the date every time for few days. I apologize guys :(

Aldy402
11-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Hey.

EK-FC88 GT block will be out on Monday-Tuesday.
I miss the date every time for few days. I apologize guys :(

thanks for the update. when will it be avail. to us distributors?

RickCain
11-16-2007, 06:16 AM
yup, pretty nice.

Since the release of the Double Impact block, Aqua Computer uses G1/4 threads

Hey.

Actually the "waves" look like the Aqua Computer logo?

That is one very finished looking block. I really like how all edges are machined and rounded on the top side.

A_Noob
11-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Looks nice, now we just need to see the performace of it. Aqua looks nice from the outside though.

Kayin
11-16-2007, 11:09 AM
People keep pissing on AC, but they are really starting to respond to what the consumer (us) want.

Best not to bite those who are actually attempting to do something that you WANT them to do...

DarthBeavis
11-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Eddy I did not see if you answered about the acrylic tops for your new blocks. The internals are really cool . . .it would be a shame to over it up . . .plus I like to see flow.

2k7zero
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Are full cover blocks worth the investment long term wise? From what I understand these blocks will only fit on specific cards. Wouldn't this be a major draw back? Also since the 8800gt has similar or exact mounting holes to that of a 7900gt; why aren't older full cover blocks used instead?

f4lcon
11-17-2007, 10:36 AM
7900 series fullcover blocks just won't fit onto 8800gt, eddy said already this several times.

Aldy402
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
they're avail right now at the eddy website
acetal, nickel and acrylic versions

$150 shipped to the US, too much for me. I'm just going to wait till it gets to US distributors...

klukas
11-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Any idea if any US sites are planning to sell this FC Block? Last item I need before I can assemble my new system :)

Garrett
11-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Any idea if any US sites are planning to sell this FC Block? Last item I need before I can assemble my new system :)Just order from Eddy directly... ;)

klukas
11-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I hate to pay the shipping but it may come to that.

Trice
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Who usually carries his stuff?

shazza
11-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Who usually carries his stuff?

Petra's Tech and Performanc-PCs