PDA

View Full Version : Best results in OC Athlon X2 5600+

d1b1
11-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Well I'm not asking for any help or something .But I'm wondering how others managed to OC theirs 5600+.
I have searched quite a lot on the net to find out more ,but is seams that people are more interesting in OC older CPU's the the latest.

Well anyway,did anyone reached more that 3.2GHz or more?

pC*
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
look at this http://www.ripping.org/database.php?cpuid=559

ThatGuy16
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Im at 3.33Ghz rock solid. In bios my settings are 256x13, HT link x4, Vcore 1.425v, disabled "spread spectrums", ram is lowered to 667 so when overclocked the speed is 835mhz @ 2v, and my PCI/PCIe are already locked.

I can do 3.5, but i can only run benchmarks and thats it.

pC*, im on that list lol.. but i added that when i was a 3.44, i should update it.. Hey and we have the same motherboard :D

d1b1
11-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Im at 3.33Ghz rock solid. In bios my settings are 256x13, HT link x4, Vcore 1.425v, disabled "spread spectrums", ram is lowered to 667 so when overclocked the speed is 835mhz @ 2v, and my PCI/PCIe are already locked.

I can do 3.5, but i can only run benchmarks and thats it.

pC*, im on that list lol.. but i added that when i was a 3.44, i should update it.. Hey and we have the same motherboard :D

That is impressive indeed.
Well I cant set the Vcore so high unfortunately. With my MainB I can set it to max 1.35V
Once I have tried to set the FSB at the same speed as the memory 266 ( 533MHz effective) but it did not worked. I got error message and needed to set the Bios setting back as they were before.

Actuality is it truth that by matching these two speeds the overall cpu-memory performance will get a bit higher?

Or is just my mainB not the best choice for OC ?

p.s. I was not even planning to do that all until I have noticed the options in Bios.

Lightman
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
That is impressive indeed.
Well I cant set the Vcore so high unfortunately. With my MainB I can set it to max 1.35V
Once I have tried to set the FSB at the same speed as the memory 266 ( 533MHz effective) but it did not worked. I got error message and needed to set the Bios setting back as they were before.

Actuality is it truth that by matching these two speeds the overall cpu-memory performance will get a bit higher?

Or is just my mainB not the best choice for OC ?

p.s. I was not even planning to do that all until I have noticed the options in Bios.

Hey! It seems you're trying to apply rules of OC from Intel realm. On AMD it doesn't matter what your FSB (HTT to be precise) clock is. Whats matter is CPU clock itself, memory divider and memory timings. If you know memory divider then you can easily calculate memory clock from CPU clock.

You are raising HTT clock only to find max clock of your CPU/Memory and you do not need to aim for any magical number like 266 or 333MHz.
Read through couple of thread in AMD section and I'm sure you will squeeze a lot more from your CPU.

PS. I had 5600+ CCB6F and it clocked easily up to 3150MHz on reasonable 1.4V :up: