PDA

View Full Version : P965A-T Memory Problem

Gremlinski
11-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Hello.

I apologise up-front if this is answered somewhere else, but I searched for a few days and cannot find an answer.

I have a problem running with RAM:
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-058-GL)
My motherboard is the ECS Elitegroup P965T-A, and is running with the newest BIOS. (I tried the old BIOS, but the same thing happens.)
My CPU is Pentium D 3.0 running at stock, if this helps.

When I try to run it at 800Mhz, the system either beeps at me with a long, never ending, high pitched PC Speaker scream, or Windows (XP) hangs before it even comes to the log-in menu.

When I try to run it at 677Mhz, it doesn't want to know at all and I get a blank screen at boot.

When I try to run it at 533Mhz, with my old (533Mhz) RAM together in it, it seems fine, but without my old ram, it hangs again.

I tried different voltages with my GeIL, as it says on it that it is designed for around 2.1V, but that changes nothing. I also tried different latency times and the beeping starts. By SPD also gives me that beeping.

So my questions are: Is the memory or motherboard faulty? Are they simply incompatible and I should invest in a new mobo?

Thank you for any help.