PDA

View Full Version : Case Fans Positions and Directions !!!

X-WoLv-X
07-24-2003, 06:17 AM
Good morning everybody.

Since My system is a bit OCed, hehehe, my inside case temp its a bit high.

I have one fan at the top (blowing in) , and other at the lefty transparent side (blowing out).

I can place another fan at the back.

Could you, more experienced people, give me some advices on configuring the fan's blowing directions ?

I am beginning to think taht the lefty sie fan will work better blowing air IN, cause it will give fresh air to the GPC, CPU, MEMORY and MOBO.

What do you think ?

WoLv

Tweaked!
07-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Ok, picture this, heat rises, so the fan in the top of the case should be exhausting the air out. So, to keep from building a negative pressure buildup inside the case, for every exhaust fan installed, you'll want a intake fan. Intake fans should be placed towards the bottom and since you'll have at least one fan in the top exhausting, and one in the power supply exhausting, you'll want two intakes. Place one in the bottom front of the case, and the one on the side door should be blowing in as well. That will give you a decent amount of airflow, and you should start to see a difference fairly quickly. :cool:

X-WoLv-X
07-24-2003, 09:43 AM
hum. ok.

Arriving at home, I will put the side fan to IN and the top to OUT.

I will put a filter on the side fan, so no dust will come in, but the ari flow gets minimized right?

The power suply ventilation isnt very good....

I will try to put a fan on the back, blowijng out too.

No hole in the front ! :(

WoLv

CCW
07-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Should have equal air in as out but if your not going to have air in have it blwoing out. If you only take air out, cool air will always find its way back in through gaps. If you only have air blowing in it wont escape as easily, the air will just heat up and raise the ambient case temps. Equal in as out is usually best.

Craig

Tweaked!
07-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Exactly. It's always better when you have an uneven amount of fan locations to have more of them aiming outwards (namely the ones towards the upper half of the case). :cool: