PDA

View Full Version : Finaly got my xp but....

morphling1
07-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Ok, today I got me a xp1700+ agoia y week10.
But I just can't run it stable more than 1.9GHz, no matter the voltage I use.
But I'm pretty sure that the psu is holding me back check out the voltages I'm running at :D
Psu is some 350W maxpower cheap thing.
Can I expect better oc. with better psu?
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/test.JPG

N8
07-10-2002, 07:30 AM
Very well could be your problem.....but that's still a nice clock :D

UaZa
07-10-2002, 08:06 AM
hehe
for sure this should hold you..

btw.. look my old psu;

and thats idle ;p

muaaahaha

morphling1
07-10-2002, 09:37 AM
UaZa, thats even worse than mine considering lower cpu power need, but no for the big q. did you improve stability with new psu?

For my new psu, I'm thinking of Antec 400W

Malecky
07-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by morphling1
UaZa, thats even worse than mine considering lower cpu power need, but no for the big q. did you improve stability with new psu?

For my new psu, I'm thinking of Antec 400W

I was looking at the Antec specs and I tell you the Truepower 330W is overkill your lines will be just as good you know why. And you dont use pelts so no need for 12V line power.

Save your CASH I guaratee the 330W will be more than enough. Still havent made the test... Primoz is screwing me all the way... and they are gettin lazy:P

morphling1
07-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I wasn't thinking of true power, but smartpower, and also, I think this could be the end of me looking for psu, so I wanna by good one.

Malecky
07-10-2002, 11:00 AM
I wasn't thinking of true power, but smartpower, and also, I think this could be the end of me looking for psu, so I wanna by good one.

Ahm.... OK, but think Slovenian not American... these guys here go a little overkill just becouse their HW is half the price than here in Slovenia.

Well the Smartpower will do too, but in my opinion not nearly as good as the Truepower.

May I remind you I will still get a sample from redrat and I told matej I will buy it, but not now becouse the Leadman does the job more than well.

morphling1
07-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Ok, one question, could bad psu be responable for blue screens, if I oc. a little to much. Does anybody have solid proof that 5+ voltage of 4.6-4.7 causes instabilities. Cos' if that's so, I'm gonna have to buy new one,
Hey Malecky, do you have any better psu, that you can lend me for test to see if it's any better. I don't wanna buy new if it won't get me better oc.

Malecky
07-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Ok, one question, could bad psu be responable for blue screens, if I oc. a little to much. Does anybody have solid proof that 5+ voltage of 4.6-4.7 causes instabilities. Cos' if that's so, I'm gonna have to buy new one,
Hey Malecky, do you have any better psu, that you can lend me for test to see if it's any better. I don't wanna buy new if it won't get me better oc.

Morph you REALY need a new PSU and I guaratee its the couse off all your problems. Lending you one wuld be pathetic....becouse I dont have any to lend... had to w8 a long time before I got happy with the purchase of the Leadman.

morphling1
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Ok, cool no problem

King_of_qb
07-11-2002, 09:39 PM
get a enermax 400w they are psu

Malecky
07-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by King_of_qb
get a enermax 400w they are psu

Duh, there are thousands of threads and post out there that contradict your opinion, and I think they are right. enermax 5V voltage is crap even on the 550W model so no go, for sure the Truepower Antecs are the best right now with the exception of PCpower&cooling becouse of their price tag.

Bravo
07-11-2002, 10:49 PM
Actually, the 550watt model was the only one that had decent 5v lines under load. With the adjustable Pots, the Enermax 550 was fine.

That said, i still prefer my Antec 550watt True Power :D