PDA

View Full Version : My Chip-con Experience

SpicyHuevos
07-22-2003, 08:19 AM
Well this is my story dont no what else to do at this point its been over 4 months since i contacted them for rma on this thing.
Btw it worked for about 1 month in total.

If youre interested and maybe no a way i can get a working unit "ideas etc"
lmk
I will link you to every email i have sent them and there response for the last 6 months.
Its a good read as i get rather frustrated in the end:)

[Thanks for any help!
d.j
list of emails (http://h20interactive.com/misc/coooon.jpg)

the emails themselves

http://h20interactive.com/misc/chip.txt

DoGMaN
07-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Wow, that really sux :( Sorry to hear about your luck DJ. I hope mine doesn't break.

twiztdskatr
07-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Do they have a phone number you can contact them at?

QuadDamage
07-22-2003, 08:46 AM
man, i stopped reading Chip-con's mails somewhere in the middle of the whole thing cos they sound very much the same. it's ridiculous.

IFMU
07-22-2003, 08:47 AM
quote taken from your 2nd link

This is now becoming completly ridiculous....
> It has been 2 more weeks since you last contacted me and still
> no thing from you or shipping company.
> I dont know if you are familar with me or not.
> But i go buy the name Digitaljesus. And have been one of the
> top overclockers for years at Madonion and everywhere."look in
> the top 5 of the orb at any time in the passed 2 years"
> As you can imagine im a memeber at quite a few forums.
> And have the means to publish my experience thus far with your
> product and support on many review sites.
> This is not a threat but a means for you too actually maybe deal
> with the issue instead of ignoring it. Like you have been.
> It been what no 4 months?
> thats just wrong.

WxChaser
07-22-2003, 08:58 AM
DJ - after reading all of the emails, I'm simply amazed by the lack of response of Chip-con. Here I am waiting for a Mach II and rethinking that decision alot after reading thru all this crap. Man, I feel your pain.

Your best bet at this point is negative PR for Chip-Con, you have been way more than patient in my book. I would have been going bonkers after 2 weeks (very anal-retentive and obsessive/compulsive here).

And...you know what you're doing, you're not a noob and to me it's incredulous that it has gone this far. For good will they should outright just ship you an entire new unit, they are making enough profit off all of us to do that.

My 2 cents (rant over).

DaGooch
07-22-2003, 09:17 AM
This is very unusual for Chip-con support. YHPM

SpicyHuevos
07-22-2003, 09:18 AM
where did it go?
If you notice the last email there not even talking to me in english now.
Chip-con rock on!

Jupiler
07-22-2003, 09:41 AM
What a crap service from chip-con. More than 4 months and still no solution/replacement. :mad:
You pay 500+ $ for a piece of hardware, and the least you can expect is a good service from them in case something goes wrong with the unit, like you have.
It looks to me that they don't wanna replace the unit, simple as that.
Good luck anyway, DJ. Hope that, one day, things will work out.

GVCryan
07-22-2003, 09:49 AM
I had no idea you were DJ. Learn something new everyday.

It definately seems like they are throwing you a run around and refusing to give your money back.

I would contact someone else at there company, as that guy seems like a PR Nazi with no clue as to how to operate a company.

WxChaser
07-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Just got an email from Tats that my stuff is clearing customs in Ohio, have to call him this afternoon to discuss a few things...one of them being Chip-Con warranty and service info.

Good luck DJ (I had no idea your huevos were spicey either, man!)

DR. YT
07-22-2003, 09:57 AM
so if chip com can ship units to people buying new ones why cant they get one shiped to them. you could alway mark an unreadable adress on the box and put chipcon as the return address.

SpicyHuevos
07-22-2003, 01:47 PM
well i did try and contact other people at chip-c on including the ceo. i got no reply.
That was about a month ago.
Unless that one in finnish at the end is from somebody else.

Pretty much at this point i just want to throw the damn thing out my window being it just sits here and takes up space.

SpicyHuevos
07-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Dr yt
I should not have to gamble on it making it back to them.
If they would just send someone to pick it up.
In which the 2 shipping companies have set appt. with me then not shown up to get it.
Just one thing after another na mean.
:(
I just sent them another email with the links to this and another forum post i made and said im sorry but its 2 posts a day at other forums till we get this handle.
btw im a member at about 50!

Just got response from chip-con.
here it is:)
All Chip-con staff in currently on Vacation and will be back Monday, August 4th.
They all just left! Way to run a buisness:)

Amoeba Assassin
07-22-2003, 06:22 PM
If you get desperate, you could threaten with legal action. That should make them listen...

Wolf
07-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Bump for bad service. I would contact the states attorney general Don't even mess with the bbb they are worthless.

CSOFT
07-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Wolf
Bump for bad service. I would contact the states attorney general Don't even mess with the bbb they are worthless.

I thought the bbb was where you report the good companies, at work people always say they are going to report us to the BBB, I hoping if enough people report us we get and award or something.

But really, I'd call them collect and ask to talk to Micheal like your his best friend and tell him to stay on that RMA thing and in the mean time your going to look for a place to order and another on and send the busted on back, tell him you will be happy to pay for shipping both ways. Tell him your sure they won't treat the resellers like they treated you and ask if he can reccomend a place to do this. (I always like to add this on to a phone call like that - "hold on a sec, let me get a pen and paper" set the phone done for a sec, then pick it back up and ask for his home phone number.) Keep in mind its Denmark times when you call them.
If they won't take your call's email and ask if you can call them.

Phone: (+45) 70 27 22 12 Front Desk & Administration

ctgilles
07-23-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by DaGoochMeister
This is very unusual for Chip-con support. YHPM
LOL, since the problem with my unit , they "forgot" it for 3 months and I got a dead one back and needed to give ALL the 460€ to have it fixed (after they said they would give me the FULL black unit as a repay for my problems) and got a beige one back... :mad:
Since of the date I started complaining on different forums and started those threads I had absolutely NO response whatsoever on my emails to m.k@chip-con.com (Martin Klöster, if you changed your addy, do let me know).
Chip-con is an absolute mess since some guys left the company.
DJ, I'd visit them personally :D

DR. YT
07-23-2003, 05:42 AM
have you thought about cutting your loses and trying to have it repaired i know it sucks to recive broken merchendice and pay to fix it somewhere else. im no phasechange expert but sounds like somethings cesed up in there somewhere might be as easy as changing a motor of somthing. good luck though.

Marci
07-23-2003, 06:59 AM
salamanzre also has a dead MachII that has to go back... same probs - they're closed til August...

Seems like a lot of probs on the MachII's already... hence I've got a MachI arriving tonight...

Wolf
07-23-2003, 12:45 PM
This is a good reason to order with a credit card with protection. If this was on a credit card, you could have called you company after a month and they would have given your money back and left chipcon hoilding the bag instead of you. Hopefully, chipcon is based in the U.S.. if not yor screwed. Again I would contact the states attorney general if they are based in the U.S. and that should get the ball rolling.

SpicyHuevos
07-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DR. YT
have you thought about cutting your loses and trying to have it repaired i know it sucks to recive broken merchendice and pay to fix it somewhere else. im no phasechange expert but sounds like somethings cesed up in there somewhere might be as easy as changing a motor of somthing. good luck though.
Well yes i can do that it aint no biggie but the fact of the matter that i paid 500+ dollars for a cooling head and a box doesnt sit good with me.
Yes the compressor is locked thats why it is blowing my circuit;)

ctgilles
07-24-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Wolf
This is a good reason to order with a credit card with protection. If this was on a credit card, you could have called you company after a month and they would have given your money back and left chipcon hoilding the bag instead of you. Hopefully, chipcon is based in the U.S.. if not yor screwed. Again I would contact the states attorney general if they are based in the U.S. and that should get the ball rolling.
Chip-Con is like in Denmark, I think :D

antipop
07-24-2003, 04:18 AM
I agree, things should be a lot faster and we are currently working on some new systems to speed things op :D :D I'm sorry to hear but it looks like chip-CON is having some problems lately. I think JC had some problme with them also.

It's not because you sell a product that has a few competion that you must treat your customers like §hit

Boogotop
07-24-2003, 04:30 AM
damn!!!

that was rediculous....
post that thing on every forums you know and send link to chip-con!

ctgilles
07-24-2003, 05:45 AM
chip-CONS ;)
Actually, the name gives 'em away :D

Jupiler
08-08-2003, 02:47 PM
And?
Any news from chip-con?

SpicyHuevos
08-12-2003, 07:26 AM
As of today still not a f!@@ckin damn word from them looks like they just plain screwed me:(

JCviggen
08-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by SpicyHuevos
As of today still not a f!@@ckin damn word from them looks like they just plain screwed me:(

DJ

I'm giving them a call again tomorrow or so, I'll mention your case again and ask whats going on :(

My personal experience with CC has been only good so far, my Mach II runs perfectly, the only thing bothering me is the buggy software with USB connection which doesnt work in one partition but fine in the other...

I can only agree the way this has been handled is far from correct, but I do know that the problem of low staff is being adressed and I hope things will get a lot better soon for everyone. I know there are a lot of happy prometeia users out there, but problems always stick out :( The Mach 1 units have been very reliable generally speaking, the mach II software has some growing pains sadly with a too big percentage of small or bigger failures.

If its any consolation, this is nothing compared to what I went through with in the MAXXPERT mx-eva3 situation :(

muzz
08-12-2003, 08:30 PM
It sure wouldn't be any consolation to me JC.
Vaporchill is not as powerful , but they won't have to be with crap like this going on.

Hope ya get some SATISFACTORY service soon DJ.

GL man.

m

SpicyHuevos
08-13-2003, 07:30 AM
update
I got a fax from what maybe a shipping company "I THINK"
Its not legible at all, and i have no idea who it's from.
But there are some words that i can make out that say
Instructions for sending promethia back to chip-con.

After all this they want me to set it all up?
why not just send me a ups call tag or email ?

Amoeba Assassin
08-13-2003, 02:00 PM
this is really terrible

for them to treat someone of your skill, is simply ridiculous

Personally, if I was working at customer support & i heard about the troubles you were having, Id overnight you a Mach II

SpicyHuevos
08-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Jc must have said something.
Because today out of the blue i get this letter.

Hi Alan,

Have the unit been shipped yet?

Regards

Chip-con support department.

Here is my reply.

Nope i have all but given up on it.
last thing i recieved was some fax from a shipping company that was not even legible."like somebody sent wrinkled paper threw it with some scribble marks"
Oh btw
Just wanted you to thank chip-con for this wonderful experience for me.
I no it's not your fault but it's not mine either and i feel i have done evrything but bend over backwards on this matter.

All i can do now is give my opionin to people on your product and how things may turn out if something goes wrong.
thanks alan c....

JC.
How long was your max3 eva thingy dragged out for?
Im on my 7th month now.

JCviggen
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I dont remember, it was a few months.... but i never received anything :(

I paid it... after about 2 months they stopped producing them because they all blew up or failed one way or another.... was asked to wait or refund... chose refund... then a few months waiting again, no replies on any emails, phone disconnected... in the end i got my money back after i threatened to ruin their business by spamming the web with my bad experience ;)
They outright told me they couldnt afford any refunds, and that mine was the only one they could possibly refund before new year (which was still 4 months away at the time). They never produced an MX-eva3 again, and I think a lot of people lost their money in the process. I believe OPP had one of those things and it exploded taking some hardware with it too.... crazy §§§§

SpicyHuevos
08-18-2003, 07:31 PM
MAn this is getting old its been another week since my last letter and still no response from them.
WTf is going on with this company!

OPPAINTER
08-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JCviggen
I believe OPP had one of those things and it exploded taking some hardware with it too.... crazy §§§§

Yep, blew the head of the evaporator practiclly through my motherboard :D
The impact killed my 2.26 P4:D

OPP

ctgilles
08-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
Yep, blew the head of the evaporator practiclly through my motherboard :D
The impact killed my 2.26 P4:D

OPP
We want piccies :D

Btw, DJ, still nothing? Oh man, this SUCKS AZZ! :mad:

Amoeba Assassin
08-19-2003, 06:35 PM
lol @ opp

SpicyHuevos
08-19-2003, 08:17 PM
That is a good one opp:)
But have you ever seen a grown man in the garage at 3:00 am in the middle of winter with a/c blowing on him
Pick up a completley watercooled and running Computer MId bench mind you and throw it clean across a 3 car garage peltiers and and 10 gallons of glycol/alcohol flying everywhere.
The impact was great enough for the waterblock to rip the whole cpu section clean off the motherboard and the case broke clean in half as well as destroying everything inside:)
Ahhhh memories That was priceles :slobber:
Oh i have of course Macci to thank for that!

Tweaked!
08-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Temper temper..... It's a shame you didn't get any pics;)

Jef Klaxon
08-21-2003, 02:34 AM
I just ordered my Prometeia @ Kits-Tronic and I hope everything goes fine! Prometeia is alright, can go over to JC for some R404 and start ocing that 1800+/1700+ JIUHB DLT3C :D

SpicyHuevos
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Guess it's time to look into some kind of legal action now.
Still not a damn word.

Popcicle
08-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Time to turn the Dogs loose man.

Pops.

muzz
08-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear that DJ, imo that's pretty pathetic.
I personally would sick any dog on them you could, they have had MORE than enough time to rectify this issue, but instead decide they want to string you along......

Anyone can say what they want, but there is NO excuse for whats happening here.

TheDude
08-28-2003, 05:06 PM
DJ,

Didn't you have another dead prommie quite a while ago, or is this the same one?
Sorry to hear about the trouble, must be very frustrating.