PDA

View Full Version : legal action against powercolor?

saaya
07-22-2003, 06:29 AM
i bought a 8500 from powercolor over a year ago, after some time it started to crash, give me artifacts etc. i never modded this card in any way. in the last days i had it it would only run 2d for some reason... i tried tons of drivers, bioses and freh windows installs on 3 diferent pcs... it was always the same bug.

so i sent that card to taiwan powercolor, as the rma staff told me. i didnt hear from them about 6months, i had already forgotten about the card when a friend asked me what happened to my card some weeks ago. i mailed the powercolor people and they said theyll send me a card inmediatly. i got it today and.... well its the same buggy card i sent them for rma over 6 months ago.... :stick:

what would you recommend me to do?
i thougt ill write them an email that i want a replacement card asap or ill engage legal action against them.

any idears? :(

i can only warn you guys to buy a card from powercolor... the european rma "department" is one guy... and hes a real ****!

Johnny Knoxvill
07-22-2003, 06:36 AM
yes powercolor have never been a serious company...
phone up that guy and tell him they sent you the same card you sent them 6 months ago instead of a replacement, and ask them to send you a replacement immediately if they tell you otherwise threaten with legal action and that will get them to listen for sure

saaya
07-23-2003, 04:42 AM
hm it seems they fixed the card... im still getting bugs a default speed though :/