PDA

View Full Version : SUSE 10.3 on an X60 Lenovo Tablet

Baleful
10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
I put SUSE 10.3 on my X60 Lenovo Tablet, in hopes of using the touchscreen to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9FgLr9oTk . I'm a complete Linux noob and i'm having some trouble :D . In terminal i've enabled 3d Acceleration, and i've got touch screen assigned to the display, but the touchscreen still isn't working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

TIA

davidletterboyz
10-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi, I'm not a Linux expert (just picking it 3 months ago) but here is my opinion.
Check your .config file and look at Device Drivers -> Input Device Support -> Touch screens. Enable that and recompile ur kernel.
Hope this help. :)

Baleful
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Small update, I got Compiz fully running (3d cube and all the good stuff) but still no touchscreen. I've gone through WACOM's Linux device documentation 3 or 4 times with no luck. Their documentation is waaaay over my head.

@david, thanks for the info man. I did all that and still nothing. I know it's possible, there are people posting bits and peices of how they did theirs all over the place, but it's all over my head. No one simply starts from beginning to end and shows the code and everything else. Hehe, for a nub like me, I gotta have the code used to do it.