PDA

View Full Version : gigabyte k8nsc probs

Sh1mmy
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
hey all...

just havin some probs with this motherboard... (actually 2nd one of the same board)

for a while it was hangin on bootup, lock up every now and then, get sluggish etc... until the eventful day of its demise came, not too long ago.

went to turn it on, it powered up, but did nothing, doesnt post, just get a black screen, all the lights and fans come on, but thats it, get nothing.

i tried taking the ram swaping the ram for other sticks, and tried it without any sticks in, and it doesnt beep at all.

psu is fine, im certain the cpu is fine, ram is fine, so im sure its the motherboard thats causing all the probs.

it was overclocked by about 100 mhz, running at about 35-42C on 1.325 vcore (i think... def wasnt any higher) it had been overclocked by that ammount for along time, so im sure thats not the cause either.

any ideas... ? the cpu is an amd 64 3000+ (barcelona EDIT:(dont worry about this... dont know what i was smokin...)i think)

would like to get it going again, as i have 512mb ddr400 ram, a radeon9800, and the cpu, sitting there collecting dust.

any ideas?

also, i did a little searching with my friend (google) and had read that these boards kinda had a high failure rate, and that most likely the bios is stuffed/fried, (from my own conclusion and that of ive read)

the other board is a gigabyte k8n Ultra, which just shut down whilst running, and now doesnt power up at all.

i have looked over both boards, and cannot see anything physically wrong, no caps are blowen or buldgeing, and everything else looks fine, on the k8nsc i peeled the sticker off of the bios chip, and it looks fine, so i dont think its fired... im kinda confused.

any ideas are welcome... thanks for reading... if you could be bothered... lol.

tiro_uspsss
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
plug ur cpu, ram etc into a diff mobo, see what happens...
& ur cpu definitely aint a barcelona! :D

Sh1mmy
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
plug ur cpu, ram etc into a diff mobo, see what happens...

dont have another mobo to test it on... i have tested everything else though... just dont have another skt 939 mobo, and (if i can but highly doubt it) get this one going.

& ur cpu definitely aint a barcelona! :D

ROFL... dont know what i was smokin... and dont know what i was thinkin... lmao...

thinking straight this time... lol... im pretty sure its a winchester...

Sh1mmy
10-20-2007, 06:20 AM
im guessing either, no-one thats read this has no idea on how to fix it? or... its pretty safe to say that these 2 boards are dead?

ahhwell... spose i may have to just sell the parts off. or 'try' to get a cheep skt939 board.

LC_STiK
10-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Dead CPU or dead mobo (duh). If the CPU will work in another mobo, then see about RMAing the mobo.

More than likely a bad BIOS. Just hotflash that sucker.

Sh1mmy
10-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Dead CPU or dead mobo (duh). If the CPU will work in another mobo, then see about RMAing the mobo.

More than likely a bad BIOS. Just hotflash that sucker.

just checked the cpu, in a mates mobo, and seems fine...

how could i flash it if i cant get into anything? all i get is a black screen (no video output at all).
(sry if it seems like an obvious question)