PDA

View Full Version : ASUS P5E / Intel X38 Thread

CrunchTime
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Hola,

Since this board is fairly new, and there is already a thread about it's counterpart - the Maximus Fomula, I thought I'd make a thread.

Mine should be arriving in the coming days, I'll post my results when the time comes.

In the meantime - anyone have any success stories with this particular board?

I have already heard from one user in another forum that the P5E is the same PCB as the Maximus Formula (He peeled off a sticker to reveil it's name).

How are the issues with Vdroop? Max FSB reached, etc.

Post your results!

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-131-219-05.jpg

purecain
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
heres my max stable... i included pics of both the maximus and p5e...spot the differance..... still getting used to the new settings.... looking forward to fully optimising the boards performance..

CrunchTime
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Very nice. Whats the top FSB you can reach on your chip w/ that board?

Ace-a-Rue
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
there is an Asus P5E and P5E3 thread already...post this in that thread so we don't have this stuff spread all over the forum...look on the 2nd page.

Zucker2k
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
there is an Asus P5E and P5E3 thread already...post this in that thread so we don't have this stuff spread all over the forum...look on the 2nd page.

The boards are not the same so why have peeps post stuff all over the place from different boards? Each board should get its own thread.

Ace-a-Rue
10-18-2007, 08:07 PM
ok!...one out of two boards are the same!

i would like to see the differences between the two boards in the same thread...wouldn't you!?

Zucker2k
10-19-2007, 04:20 AM
ok!...one out of two boards are the same!

i would like to see the differences between the two boards in the same thread...wouldn't you!?

If they're the same, what differences do you expect to see? It is because they're different that is why you want to see the difference between them. For example, the boards use different bioses, which could result in different performances. I will rather compare an apple to an apple. Unfortunately, that is not what you're arguing.

Back on topic. Here's a little test run. 1.4v bios set, 1.384 real. PCIE set to 100, everything else set to auto.