PDA

View Full Version : Need clarifications on DDR2 800Mhz rams please

Emperor
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I will be buying some 2GB kit of 800mhz rams but i am unsure of their relative overclocking abilities.

I hope someone can tell me which oc better and what is the difference between intel optimized and EPP ready?

I understand the following use promos chips right?

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC Edition
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Intel Optimized Titanium Edition Dual Channel
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Titanium EPP-Ready Dual Channel
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel

thanks for this great forum:up:

The0men
10-15-2007, 02:21 AM
EPP stands for "Enhanced Preformance Profile"

This is good for you if you dont know how, or dont want to manually overclock. You can simpily enable and select which profile to run.

With OCZ ram if you are after alot of overclocking your best bet is to get any of their PC7200 or higher (usually the PC8500 is cheaper) then you know you are getting D9GMH chips on the RAM. These chips are tried and proven overclockers in general.

I'm unsure of what the Intel optimised actually means, although I dare say it just means it was tested and checked for intel systems or something simple, it wont make any difference in terms of overclockability and preformace once you manually configure the timings vs frequency.

If all those Sticks use the same chips... then they probably all overclock the same, the only exception might be a very subtle change in their cooling.

Hope that is some help.

andyOCZ
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
As The0men says, al of those memory types use the same chips pretty much. Overclocking will be the same. If you want a very good overclock go for the 7200 and higher, as they do have Micron D9GMH chops.