PDA

View Full Version : New vault project

leviathon-nz
10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
The Vault has added aps@home to the vault, it should be handy for points as there are only 8 teams so far that run it (in the vault). We now have a team for it but its not handing out workunits as they have a problem with the boinc server so hopefully it'll be working soon.:shrug:

vaio
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Oy.....don't go overtaking my lil team too quick :down: :down: :down: :D
Yes aps sends work as and when they need to.....the work distribution is sporadic.

Nice project though.....and not too ram hungry.:)

Jose
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I signed for it. Alas it is not handing out work. grrrrrrr

glennpat
10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm signed up and waiting for work. Hopefully soon :) .

Paladin
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I though one of a requirements to be Vaulted was that it had to have regular flow of work units? SIMAP only has periodic work too.

leviathon-nz
10-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Its a server error thats stopping the flow of work units not so much a lack of them.

glennpat
10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
I got one work unit completed :) . I had a few download errors on various work units on a few computers, but one made it:banana: .

Jose
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I want work!!!! :P

May be we can thereaten those people that if they do not give us work we send Movieman to their message board .....LOL LOL LOL

( As I duck)

glennpat
10-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I have gotten a total of 11 work units. They were all ones that had been sent out before, but were aborted or timed out. The ones that had failed on my computer were also resent to others where they also failed. I do have one good one now that it is working on.

Hopefully some new work units will be sent soon and we can get some more of those vault points.

Movieman
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I want work!!!! :P

May be we can thereaten those people that if they do not give us work we send Movieman to their message board .....LOL LOL LOL

( As I duck)

:shakes:

Brother Esau
10-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Damn Dave that was cold:D Good things you guys are all friends;)

Paladin
10-20-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.apsathome.org/server_status.php

Every day since it was Vault-ed Results ready to send has been zero. Prematurely Vault-ed, it's not ready for prime-time.

Even BURP (http://burp.boinc.dk/) has more work units -- irregular as they are. If this one ever gets Vault-ed, we've already got a foothold on it.

glennpat
10-21-2007, 06:12 AM
The APS@home project is a good project to run for those who have other main projects. It sends out work in batches with a limit of 10 unit per machine. Since there are times this project is not sending work it doesn't take away from your main projects. With the 10 unit limit per machine the work will get spread out amoung the teams.

The more boxes we have on the project the more work we should get, crunch, and return without taking much away from other projects we are working. I have all my boxes on this waiting for the next batch of work.

The project does look like a good well run project it's just different than what we are use to.