PDA

View Full Version : OCZ RMA Request

Knight
10-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello,

My friend has 4 x 1gig Platinum Rev. 2 memory sticks in his Abit IP35 Pro. Before he only had 2Gigs. It seems like one of his new stick(s) are bad. As we speak he is running Memtest to determine for sure that the memory is the problem. We have tried various voltages and configurations.

His OS's, XP Pro 64bit and Vista Ult. 64bit would both get corrupted. The motherboard would also indicated a memory problem in the post indicator on the board.

He also says that he could not boot the board up, and that only a black screen was visible. It gets a little strange when he says that clearing the CMOS is the only way to boot the system up again. I don't know why a clear CMOS would fix the problem. :confused:

He is not over clocking.

I just want to let the reps know of my friends situation.

andyOCZ
10-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello, have your friend email me in my signature. He may just need to set 2t timings in his BIOS. I don't know what board he has, so I can't say.

Thanks

Knight
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello, have your friend email me in my signature. He may just need to set 2t timings in his BIOS. I don't know what board he has, so I can't say.

Thanks

Thank you, but he fixed it.

He didn't correct the timings and volts like I asked him.:)

andyOCZ
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you, but he fixed it.

He didn't correct the timings and volts like I asked him.:)

Thanks for helping! :up:

Kasparz
10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I agree. As i'm working in shop that sells lot of OCZ memory even in OEM computers, lot of customers use them on default voltage and then sending them back to RMA as faulty memory. Most of 'overclocked' modules need higher Vdimm to run at 'default' speeds, so this happens.