PDA

View Full Version : Dominator Dismay

Jon Boy Deluxe
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi there,

I realise there is an RMA process as I have used it before, but I thought I would seek some input on my case before I go ahead. I also realise this is a support forum checked by Corsair staff in their spare time so any help received will be greatly received.

In November 06 I bought the pc8500 Dominators for ~£300 (equivalent to ~$600 :shocked: ).

At that time I was using the Asus P5B-D. The sticks arrive as my new mobo does - the Abit AW9D MAX. I build my rig with the MAX and sold the P5B-D and got to oc'in. I wasn't stable so to eliminate the ram i changed the divider and lowered the frequency. Stability came with the sticks at 975mhz... Something not right there.

I read around and saw some issues with the MAX, so I bought the dfi icfx when that launched. Again, the ram wouldn't run at the speed so I rma'd the ram.

Months later the ram turns up, I'm talking a month ago!!! I was in the middle of swapping my rig over from a commando/e6600 to what is in my sig.

Fine, i'll test the sticks and sell them. In they go to the commando, run mem test - errors. Surely not again! Whipped them out and put them into the blitz - errors.

I had Corsair before the Dominators and was happy, since this I have used Cellshocks.

Now my issue is this - when I purchased the RAM it cost me a fair amount of money. I have RMA'd once only for the same thing to happen, with different kit so there is no hardware issues here. I piad the premium for the best and have had absolutely no use from these sticks at all. From day one they have been problematic. Not only this the market value is now approx 1/3 of what I paid, now retailing in the UK for ~£120.

The RMA procedure was the longest ever and I have no faith in dominators at the moment.

Ideally I'd like a refund but realistically thats not going to happen is it.

Is there anything you can do for me?

Gunslinger
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe, I had huge RMA issues with my PC8888's, finally just asked for a refund, and got one. Just keep your cool, be nice, and it may work out for you also.

Yellowbeard
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I can't make the decision on refund vs replacement. Please begin your RMA process and contact customer service and explain your situation to them. The best option for the RMA is TSX Express (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx).

CSGMarketing@corsairmemory.com
888-222-4346 if you can use USA toll free numbers. If not, have a look here: http://www.corsair.com/company/contacts.aspx

Jon Boy Deluxe
10-11-2007, 03:13 AM
I can't make the decision on refund vs replacement. Please begin your RMA process and contact customer service and explain your situation to them. The best option for the RMA is TSX Express (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx).

CSGMarketing@corsairmemory.com
888-222-4346 if you can use USA toll free numbers. If not, have a look here: http://www.corsair.com/company/contacts.aspx

I appreciate you are not in a position to approve refunds. I am in the UK so the phone bill wouldn't be worth it :p:

I shall proceed using the official lines. Thanks for taking the time out to advise, I'll update this once an outcome is reached.

Hopefully I'll be a happy customer again :yepp:

Jon Boy Deluxe
11-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I raised an RMA request almost a month ago and was emailed this:

'Please do not reply directly to this e-mail as this address is not monitored.

We're emailing you to provide your case information for future reference while we investigate your case.

Your Support ticket has assigned Case #283487.'

Nothing has happened since... What am I supposed to do? Just sit and wait forever or is there something I should be doing? My last Corsair RMA experience was no better so I can't even say it is a one off!

Please advise.

Yellowbeard
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi,

I raised an RMA request almost a month ago and was emailed this:

'Please do not reply directly to this e-mail as this address is not monitored.

We're emailing you to provide your case information for future reference while we investigate your case.

Your Support ticket has assigned Case #283487.'

Nothing has happened since... What am I supposed to do? Just sit and wait forever or is there something I should be doing? My last Corsair RMA experience was no better so I can't even say it is a one off!

Please advise.
I am checking on it as I type this. :( We are VERY sorry this has happened to you twice now.

Yellowbeard
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Jon Boy Deluxe, I checked the file and it shows that we did not get a shipping address or phone number for you. The system has emailed you requesting the additional info. If you can respond to that email and give us the info, we'll get you taken care of.

Jon Boy Deluxe
11-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Yellowbeard,

Thanks for looking into this - I can assure you that I did not receive an email prior to the one today requesting further details.

The thing is the ram is of no use to me as I replaced the ram the 1st time I rma'd it.

I started the rma process to 'get the ball rolling'.

Who should I contact to request a refund?

Thanks again for your help

Yellowbeard
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Please follow the same procedure via TSX and request a refund. I have also heard that the UK offers great consumer options so you may want to check with your retailer.