PDA

View Full Version : Maxxxpert

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 11:20 AM
I could have done a quote in another thread, but I felt this was worth a thread of its own.

Originally posted by killersushi
I feel like telling you that my experience with maxxxpert so far has been about the worst ever since I ordered parts from OCZ about a year ago, not knowing what a shady company they are.

After maxxxpert sent out info to their customers that they are going to stop selling eva's until they get a hang on their quality issues, I have requested to get my money refunded as they offered. Now that has been several weeks ago. I have sent various emails to them, none of which got answered so far. I did not receive my money back either. Now that is no less than 500$ my friends, I don't have this kind of money to throw out to a third class korean company, thus I am very disappointed. And I somehow feel like maxxxpert is going down and I'll never get that money back. Hopefully I'm wrong about it.

Anyway, I recommend people stay away from that company. I even suggest writing about these problems in Oppainters review, as it will lead people to go out and buy one. Just add an edit to the end telling about the quality issues and the obvious problems involved in ordering directly from maxxxpert.

I'm in the exact same boat. I ordered my unit a week before ddtung received his 2. I've lost track of time, but I am sure he can confirm it was a while ago. I sent the money to him and he sent it to maxxxpert because it was the only possible way for me living in Belgium and all.

The waiting began, pretty normal I guess, they're a busy company. After waiting, more waiting and one promise after the other I had still not gotten any further and I sent them an email that it was about time they shipped something. In reply I got the statement that because of several failures (how bout 80% or so?) they were going to stop producing it until they sorted it out. They kindly offered a refund and at the time I thought finally I can have my money back. Oh the hopes I had.

We're talking several weeks later by now. ddtung has been in contact with them and gotten nothing more than promises. Then after I was getting *slightly* agitated, they made the final promise of sending me the refund within 5 days. Must've been 2 weeks ago and emails have since then gone unanswered. They must feel pretty safe sitting there in Korea with my money when i'm all the way up here in Europe. I also asked ddtung to call them but he's been very busy lately so I cant blame him for anything at all. Maybe he'll find some time one of these days. (please ? :))

The thing is, I can see this is going nowhere. I can send as many mails as I like, that Korean with his CAPS LOCK key stuck on his keyboard isnt replying. The world cup is over guys, snap out of it down there in Korea.

Since I dont seem to be the only one in this mess, I figure it cant hurt to join forces in getting our money back. It cant get any worse either way. Any other ppl who are getting it in the *** from maxxxpert feel free to join in this thread.

If I was a rich guy I could think oh well, :banana::banana::banana::banana: happens, meanwhile noting to myself not to send money to the other side of the world anymore. But I am stuck. I spent my last bucks on visiting my girlfriend in russia this summer and I sold my prometeia case and 2.26B P4. I am an overclocker and an overclocker occasionally needs to buy stuff... 3Dmark rankings are not the most important thing in the world, but I want to be able to compete and one needs some money for this. And right now I need my freaking money back from maxxxpert or i'll be aircooling a 1.6A for a long long time . If I dont have to sell that and get a VIA C3.

Bottom line, I'm going to try and find as many ppl who are getting screwed by maxxxpert and give them hell. My patience ran out weeks ago and this is quite simply unacceptable behaviour from their part. Its bad enough they released a product that was quite simply a danger to our precious hardware, the way they are stalling refunds is rediculous.

lets get on those bastages' asses, I dont give a damn if they need to sell their factory, they will give me my money back and thats the end of it. Hell, I should charge them with the interests by now

JC

Leo
07-09-2002, 12:20 PM
JC, I'm totally with you. My MX-EVA3 broke after very very mild use (well under an hour in actual service - didn't even get to use it on my Intel setup) and I've e-mailed Maxxxpert several times and tried to get in contact with Paul Song - you've had contact with him also I presume?

They won't dignify any of my responses with even a single reply and it makes me sick. Like I said in a previous thread, when Mr. Song was trying to make a sale to me, he was right on top of my e-mails. Now that he has my money, I can't get a peep out of him.

My package was ordered direct from Maxxxpert so I have their return address as well as their phone and fax numbers if this information should ever become necessary.

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Well the problem is that even with their contact info there's not a whole lot we can really do. Although calling them should be more useful than emails. We can most definately hurt their sales and public image, so I do think we can force them into some things if they plan to stay in business

Leo
07-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I know getting something out of Maxxxpert is going to be tough if they know what they're doing when it comes to ripping people off with regards to their money :rolleyes:

I just figure a phone call, FAX, or heck even an actual visit (I have relatives in Korea) would be much more effective than an e-mail that Mr. Song probably just deletes before he even opens.

I'm wondering for any of you that have been in similar situations, would it be possible to have your bank take action against Maxxxpert if they were involved in the transaction? I'm asking this because Maxxxpert asked me to wire money to a Korea Exchange Bank account which I did. If anyone has done the same, maybe we can get our banks on them? I just turned 18 and have had my bank account for all of two months so I haven't a clue as to if this is possible. I just know that credit card companies will help out in certain financial disputes, just a thought.

busaganashi
07-09-2002, 01:04 PM
I posted about this on your thread on amdmb, but Kami and I put the "warnings" about Maxxxpert's quality control in the review up at thenakedreview:

http://www.thenakedreview.com/index...owarticle&id=55

Mine didn't work and his first unit was busted and broke as well. In fact I am having to fight it out with Icee computers as they refulse to give me my money back.

I should also mention that I emailed Maxxxpert several times in order to get comfirmation they will not be sending Icee any new units due to the quality control at their company. This would help me with Icee, but so far Maxxxpert will not respond.

Slim
07-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Guys if you want to come up with a brief outline of your problems between you I can put it in a very small article form I can certainly get it in front of a couple thousand people a day and spread the word in the UK.

No one should be giving them money for this service.

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 01:30 PM
yeah I agree... I think my problems are pretty clear from the first post...

I guess the fact I never got a defective one is the only positive side

Chong345
07-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah there is a bright side to everything :rolleyes:
I hope you guys get your money back ASAP. I'm glad I didn't order one. I almost did but that was the day OPP's died on him. Hope everyting works out.

Leo
07-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Well as far as my problems go, when the unit shipped, the relay to the compressor wasn't connected so it refused to start. After I fixed that problem, the EVA3 had a leak somewhere in the system so all the R-134A escaped and thus left the unit useless. OPP seems to have had a similar problem with leaking only his was far more catastrophic in the fact that something blew up first, while mine just quietly sprung a leak.

Another common problem seems to be just shoddy soldering jobs inside the unit in general. Things loose, just totally not connected, etc.

Chong345
07-09-2002, 01:50 PM
That is terrible. Its really kinda sad that somebody could release a product that was so poorly constructed. I hope that they get there $@#$ straight. To put it simply. It Sucks.

Slim
07-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Ok, I'm gonna have a search through a few forums and find a few more users, should be able to knock up a quick report within 24 hours.

I know others are bringing this to peoples attention but more publicity can only help.

It really ****s me off when companies are like this. :mad:

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 02:36 PM
yeah... even if i'll never see that money again they're still going to get hell for it :mad:

Leo
07-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help Slim. I'm only praying that when all the issues get resolved (hopefully negative publicity will expedite this process), Maxxxpert will have enough courtesy to get units out to people who never received theirs originally/fix the obviously fubared ones. From what I'm seeing now though, looks like it won't happen.

I'll make sure to send these links to Maxxxpert.

BTW JC, which email address are you using to try to contact Maxxxpert? Mail sent to maxxxpert@maxxxpert.com just gets kicked right back to me. I'm using the address @jein.co.kr

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Leo

BTW JC, which email address are you using to try to contact Maxxxpert? Mail sent to maxxxpert@maxxxpert.com just gets kicked right back to me. I'm using the address @jein.co.kr

yeah i'm using that one too. But it is all too obvious that mails with any problems/questions for refund are simply skipped and/or deleted rather than answered. I used another email account under a different name and asked them some question about buying waterblocks from them and it got answered 3 hours later. All my other mails produced 0 reply in days. What a bunch of assclowns

Leo
07-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this is why I figure a phone call should be in order. It's a lot harder to hang up on someone than to delete an e-mail I think.

I guess I'll have to stay up to wait for their business hours considering I'm 16 hours behind South Korea.

JCviggen
07-09-2002, 03:02 PM
I think I'm about 6 hrs ahead of ya... so thats a 10 hr difference roughly...

Makes me wonder though, does anyone down there even speak english aside from this song bloke ? And from his way of writing, i'm not too confident in his linguistic skillz

problem is, after all promises I heard already, I fear we're just going to get more promises, after which they'll try even harder to ignore us

but hey, we cant win if we dont try, and I intend to make them suffer either way

Leo
07-09-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm going to make sure to give em plenty of hell. Mr. Song knows enough english to know what we want :).

As for the others at Maxxxpert, I'm guessing most of them speak english. Most South Koreans - especially the ones below 40 - speak english rather fluently.

OPPAINTER
07-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Well its time to revise the Review I did on the Eva, the scrubs need to go down. I can't get a word out of the morons.

OPP

busaganashi
07-09-2002, 05:01 PM
I didn't know that Opps EVA-3 went bad. I'll revise my review as well once we figure out what our approach is. On a positive note I'm supposedly going to be getting a Prometeia to review once the 120v conversion is done.

Chip-con seems like good folks.

JC, are you still having seating issues with your cpu kit on the Pormeteia?

Bravo
07-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Told ya it was a piece of :banana::banana::banana::banana: OPP. :)

OPPAINTER
07-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Yea Bravo but I don't listen to you:D

OPP

Bravo
07-09-2002, 06:19 PM
hahaha :)

JC, i really hope you get your money back. It would be a shame to lose a heavy hitter because some company screwed you over :/

Leo
07-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Hey guys, I was speaking with my father today. He's a currently practicing attorney in the state of California in the U.S.

Basically, although it's gonna be tough because of Mr. Song and Maxxxpert's location as well as their relative small size, my dad told me he can get a class action suit rolling along here because business has been done in the U.S. by Maxxxpert, the same for Europe.

Although I'd hate for it to come down to this, I am ready to file suit against Maxxxpert if necessary. I'd like to compile a list of people who've been shipped screwed up units or had units break down on them during reasonable use. I'll update the list as more people post in this thread.

So far I have:
Leo
JCviggen
killersushi
OPP

If at all possible, a sticky for this thread would be great.

killersushi
07-09-2002, 11:39 PM
I can only agree to everything told here so far. I have gone through the extact same caps lock fast-answers-before-buy and no-answers-after-buy scenario. And indeed emails to xx@maxxxpert.com don't go through at all. That's why I thought that maybe this company is going down. Isn't vapochill fighting them for some patent "stealing"?

It's a pitty. Maxxxpert from my knowledge has never been a big company, anyway they have not been known to be bad or anything, they sold radiators and stuff like that, nothing shady about it. Maybe they're just helplessly occupied now with everyone wanting money refunds, possibly fighting vapochill and trying to fix their eva units. There should still be time for caring about their customers, this should be the most important task for any company I think.

I can write up some negative info on our own hardware site in Switzerland if needed, we have readers from Germany and some more good contacts into bigger german sites that will be happy to post the same info on this matter. I'm glad I got some people in the same boat here, makes me feel a little more confident :)

Leo
07-10-2002, 12:28 AM
Hopefully that is the case and they're just trying to get things straight, but when JC gets a reply within 3 hours to an e-mail sent using a different e-mail address than the one he normally uses, and our EVA3 complaints go unanswered for weeks, it makes me wonder...

JCviggen
07-10-2002, 01:22 AM
I think it would be kind of silly to ship units to *customers* when they already made it clear they want a refund and not a unit.
That song guy sent me 3-4 emails asking me to be *patient*, I guess thats more mails than most other ppl get, but at the moment he has stopped responding to anything negative.

First thing is someone gives them a call and see what happens. We need to let them know we mean business and we can hurt them if we need to

Leo
07-10-2002, 01:42 AM
They should have a FAX waiting for them when they get back to work tomorrow. I believe I just missed their business hours. Let's see how they respond.

Maybe they'll buy Prometeias for us ;p .

killersushi
07-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Actually with that money, I would have ordered a prometeia myself by now. Right after they offered to refund money, I nearly ordered one. Now that would have put me in some serious financial problems, been spending so much on my rig lately anyway.

JCviggen
07-10-2002, 01:53 AM
yeah I actually went ahead and got the prometeia, with the idea that I would get the eva3 delivered soon so I would test it and sell it on to finance the prometeia. Since that money is still tied up with those damn koreans, i had to choose between my rig and my girlfriend, and obviously chose the latter ;)

having both would have been nicer

killersushi
07-10-2002, 01:58 AM
Hehe, overclockers are all the same sick bunch I guess :D

JCviggen
07-10-2002, 09:09 AM
well I know that I have an extremely impatient nature :D

so you can imagine I'm pretty worked up about this maxxxpert deal taking months, with the possability of never seeing my money again

OPPAINTER
07-10-2002, 09:50 AM
I just e-mailed old Paul this thread, see if it gets deliverd or sent back.

OPP

JCviggen
07-10-2002, 03:15 PM
it should get delivered and maybe even replied, but when it comes to actually getting something they seem to vanish off the face of the earth

sysfailur
07-10-2002, 10:16 PM
Damn! I wasn't aware about all the problems!

calantak
07-20-2002, 01:10 AM
this suxx soo bad.

well, JC, if you would never happen to get your money back, we can work out a deal on the 600 you owe me, kay?
I don't want you to go bankrupt because of maxxpert.
As far as I'm concerned you pay the 600 back next year, no probs.

and somebody please sew these guys.

they should take an example to the Danish guys of chip_con... always polite, quick, and if you've got a problem, they simply send you the solution free of charge (free sepcially designed th7-II adapters...)

RichBa5tard
08-01-2002, 03:41 AM
JC,

Belgian Law protects you quite well.

If Maxxxpert was going to ship the unit to Belgium, you are allowed to empower a Belgian Judge to this case, unless Maxxxpert clearly stated that by any conflict they are allowed to choose a Korean judge and/or law.

Did the confirmation of your order include the following info?
- identity and geographical adress of seller
- price incl tax
- s&h costs
- way of payment and delivery
- how to contact them for compaints
- service and warranty
- return policy: MUST be stated clearly. The seller is urged to include this because if they don't, consequences are big: the consumer is considered to be forced to buy it (which is unlawfull). 7 days is the minimum. If not stated, you've got 3 months (!).

Other rights you have:
- the delivery must happen within 30 days after you placed your order unless you've been informed and agreed it could take longer.

- the seller can't force you to pay right away. (you've got min 7 days after receivement or 3 months of not stated).

I'm sure half of these rights were violated. :(
You'll need proof though: a lawsuit concerning more than 375€ needs a piece of writing (may also be electronic if authenticity can be proved) here in Belgium.

However, even if a Belgian judge rules in your favour, it will be very, very hard to execute that verdict in Korea and procedure cost will prolly be high.

I hope that if you guys join forces like Leo said you can get something done... losing 500$ is not my idea of fun. Good luck!

JCviggen
08-01-2002, 03:50 AM
The thing is, I have no official proof of purchase. ddtung bought 2 units for himself without any problems and ordered a 3rd one for me. I sent him the money via westernunion and he paid it for me. So in fact ddtung would be the actual buyer of the product. He could not know anything like this would happen as his deal with maxxxpert went correct and relatively fast. Its a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty situation. He told me he was going to call that Korean guy again. We'll see what happens. Meantime I'm going to post my experiances with them in as many places as possible. They are going to lose customers big time over this

Guy, thanks for the support too m8, i'll get that money back to you when I can.

JC

Bosw8er
08-01-2002, 04:01 AM
got his of http://www.royalartilleryclan.com/

MaxXxpert, who manufacture the radiators, are STILL having problems meeting demand, and the failure of the EVA3 cooling unit has thrown them into a panic. Innovatek have told me that our order should ship at beginning of week 30 (which is next week - beginning 22 July) so fingers crossed it won't be long now...

For those that are unaware, the legendary EVA3 is becoming legendary for so many other reasons. The unit has had an 80% failure rate on little minor detail flaws so their RMA dept is a bit snowed under I'd imagine....

killersushi
08-01-2002, 04:11 AM
Well I still haven't heard a thing from them. Damn I could really use that money now.

JCviggen
08-01-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by killersushi
Well I still haven't heard a thing from them. Damn I could really use that money now.

same here :(

tombman
08-03-2002, 09:21 AM
ok, so i am one of the lucky ones that got money back from them. It is not 400$ like they said but 330$ is good enough for me.

Btw, my eva3 never worked neither but i dont care as i have ordered a local refrigeration company to repair and change it to something bigger ;) It now uses a R507 low temperatur compressor and will be ready for usage in 2 weeks :)
(dont ask how much money i spent on that, you do NOT want to know it :D)

JCviggen
08-03-2002, 09:27 AM
good to hear that Tombman, at least someone got lucky then ;)

I'm fuzzy though, they sent you a refund but didnt ask for you to send the unit back ??

UaZa
08-03-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JCviggen
good to hear that Tombman, at least someone got lucky then ;)

I'm fuzzy though, they sent you a refund but didnt ask for you to send the unit back ??
haha.. i have the same question.. :D

tombman
08-03-2002, 10:52 AM
i didnt send it back, i let it "repair" here in vienna, then sent them the receipt per fax. And they transfered the money. I did it this way in order not to pay the transfer costs to korea.

JCviggen
08-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Well then you actually received your unit ..... they didnt send me mine and they arent sending the refund either :mad:

tombman
08-03-2002, 11:00 AM
yeah but i was one of the first that has ordered it. I had mine long before Oppainter got his :) I have been talking with maxxxpert since january :)

killersushi
08-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Well then at least you got something sometime, JC and I never got anything, we only payed :(

Silversink
08-09-2002, 09:25 AM
This may be a Job for the super Pendejo.

Silversink
08-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Phase Change Cooling If you've purchased a "Fridge" in the USA or directly from Maxxxpert in Europe, I'd be interested in your experience with it. Thanks - JOE (joecitarella@sprintmail.com)

http://www.overclockers.com/

JCviggen
08-11-2002, 11:13 AM
I received no reply from my email to Joe ... been more than a week since I sent it too :confused:

killersushi
08-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Read our experience in this thread I propose, everything is stated here.

Silversink
08-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JCviggen
I received no reply from my email to Joe ... been more than a week since I sent it too :confused:

Joes a busy guy, he'll get back to you sooner or later ;)

Leo
08-21-2002, 08:28 PM
Well I e-mailed Joe awhile ago also. This was his reply:

"Thanks - Form what I understand, the US version is different from the European model; the US distributor had them change to a different compressor. I have not heard of the same problems that you had from US customers."

AFAIK all units use the same LG compressor and U.S. units aren't free from problems, but oh well I wasn't expecting much of a reply anyways. I should have more information on Maxxxpert towards the end of this week when a family friend gets back from his trip to Korea.