PDA

View Full Version : can't get mobo off of lian-li

Damien
10-07-2007, 02:55 AM
OK so i bought a lian-li case with a motherboard in it, and the screws aren't the right sized, so when i turn them they dont loosen or anything. How do I get the mobo off with this doing this?

Origin_Unknown
10-07-2007, 03:37 AM
usually if ive got a screw that just keeps turning because the standoff as come away from the board i get a small jewlers screw driver (flat blade) and a posidrive.
I try to carefully put the flathead under the rim of the screw while using the posidrive to turn the screw.

Damien
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
i'm not sure that's the problem here. Like...the screw and standoff are different in terms of the sides of them, and it doesn't fit right i guess.

Sparky
10-07-2007, 12:34 PM
If the screws used were the fine threaded screws the standoffs usually use the coarse threads. Stick your fingernail between the screw and the motherboard, then slowly pull the screw outwards as you use a screwdriver to turn it. Should come loose.

Origin_Unknown
10-07-2007, 12:36 PM
If the screws used were the fine threaded screws the standoffs usually use the coarse threads. Stick your fingernail between the screw and the motherboard, then slowly pull the screw outwards as you use a screwdriver to turn it. Should come loose.

thats what i ment except using a screwdriver :eek:

Damien
10-07-2007, 02:01 PM
got it off, thanks