PDA

View Full Version : harddrives computers I hate em

Attitudx
07-16-2003, 01:05 PM
(*&%#(*&+!(*% OK go that outta my system....
I just lost my second 40gig hd in 2 months first one was a quantum and it died within 2hrs this one lasted 2 months it was a maxtor. When it died i took it out it was burning hot and now it is just dead. What would have cause it you think?? it was on rig one of my ssytem. NO ocing at all stock everthing. Just maybe i need a seagate????

Dang I hate em 15 gigs of stuff just gone

Dissolved
07-16-2003, 01:16 PM
thats why i try to buy new stuff asap. so u wont depend on older parts to last a long time :(

Attitudx
07-16-2003, 02:30 PM
lol the bad thing is both of these were brand new

Dissolved
07-16-2003, 03:04 PM
well at least you can rma them. 2 of my scsi drives are now prone to errors due to a Calif Heatwave.

Attitudx
07-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Ahhh i see this was in the computer that a guy built for me so i emailed him and he should be replacing it have a 1warranty on the computer and same or more on this new hd so i shall be hitting him up soon. I keep it cold where my computer is basically have the air conditioner vent routed aroudn the wall to blow on my computer about 5 percent more cool air

Tweaked!
07-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Just make sure that wherever you're placing the hdds in the case, that there's good airflow around them. They can overheat just like cpus. I try to mount mine right in front of the front lower intake fans.

CCW
07-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Arent Quantum now actually part of Maxtor? Shame to hear it Attitudx, I've never lost any of the 5 Maxtor's I've had in the last years or quantum drives before that though.

Craig

Attitudx
07-16-2003, 06:07 PM
i have a 10 gig maxtor in my second rig that is still kicking even after being shorted (smiz) lol i think it was just to hot and in that event on a back up 4 gig i have i have created my own hd cooler a fan mounted below it ziptied so it has good airflow