PDA

View Full Version : IP35 Pro hangs at 7F / CMOS checksum error

axemanrio
10-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Alright, here is my story...

» The board worked great the first time I installed it in my Stacker (stock air cooling)

» Got it up and running on water (in the Stacker) but it would not boot - it would get stuck at a 7F error with no display either. I'd hit F1 to continue but the error code would change to 99 and then shut down after a few seconds.

» When I got past the 7F error finally, the system would sporadically shut down - sometimes during POST and sometimes in Windows. I gave up at that point.

» Set up my system outside the case (on water again) but it wouldn't boot into windows, sporadically shutting down. I removed the CMOS battery and left it idle for a couple days - after that, it booted up just fine and worked well for close to a week.

» Since all was good, I decided to move everything inside the Stacker again. I've encountered a different issue now that I have not been able to resolve - the system consistently gets stuck at the 7F error code and I get a display screen which has another error: "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded" / "hit F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup". Funny thing is it appears stuck - hitting F1 or DEL doesn't help at all.

I've cleared CMOS and removed battery many times - nothing really helped. I also removed the battery for 8 hours and then tried booting but it's stuck at the same screen (cmos checksum error) and error code (7f).

Any clues?

KiD0M4N
10-04-2007, 04:59 AM
Try removing any USB headers (basically anything that you need not attach to the mobo) and see if that helps.

axemanrio
10-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Power is only being fed to the board, CPU, GPU and 1 HDD. Nothing else is connected to the board.

axemanrio
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Whew, finally resolved the issue... great to be back on my main rig :)

Heidfirst
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
How?
It may help someone else in the future with the same symptoms.

Emerica
10-06-2007, 07:35 PM
How?
It may help someone else in the future with the same symptoms.

Yeah, definitely let us in on what was wrong? Possibly a grounding issue?

axemanrio
10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I thought it was a grounding issue too but I did not take everything out of my Stacker this time... I did a deep CMOS clear followed by booting 4-5 times continuously while holding the INSERT key (a recommendation from the manual). After that I was able to get into the BIOS setup, which is all I wanted :)