PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to tell if you rad is clogged?

pak
10-02-2007, 05:59 AM
WHen I upgrade from storm to fuzion, I found that some of the jets in my storm were clogged from the coolant that I used to use.

I have a feeling my rad is clogged. It just dissapate heat as well as it used to. I did take it apart the other day and ran hot water through it. The water came out clean, but it can still be clogged.

My question is, is there a way to tell if one of the rows are clogged?

--pak

Jedda
10-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Measure it's capacity, if the manufacturer gives a capacity figure.

DeW itt right
10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
WHen I upgrade from storm to fuzion, I found that some of the jets in my storm were clogged from the coolant that I used to use.

I have a feeling my rad is clogged. It just dissapate heat as well as it used to. I did take it apart the other day and ran hot water through it. The water came out clean, but it can still be clogged.

My question is, is there a way to tell if one of the rows are clogged?

--pak

I had this prob a while back. I emptied the rad, flipped it barbed-side-up, and filled the entire thing with rubbing alcohol. I let it set over night and flush it out in the morning. Typically if any of the coolant dye solidified, this will dissolve it and clean most of it out. repeat as necessary...

Grafton
10-02-2007, 09:26 AM
what rad you got? the mcr 320 holds just under 1 cup of water

pak
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
coolrad32T. Here is an idea. I do have an infra red temp gun. Think I would see differences in temp across the tubes of the rad? I guess I should just try. I will take it apart and let it soak for 24 hours. Is alcohol the best to use?

--pak