PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo is Second Most Valuable Company in Japan

Metroid
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Nintendo trails only Toyota as the top company in Japan

Nintendo’s runaway success of the DS handheld system and Wii console have skyrocketed the company’s value. Now with both the leading portable and home gaming total sales worldwide, Nintendo is once again sitting at the top of the videogames industry.

On the mere strength of its new gaming hardware alone, Nintendo has roared past other Japanese corporations to now become the second most-valuable active stock in Japan. Nintendo is now a more valuable trading company than Canon Inc. and is surpassed currently only by Toyota Motor Corp, according to Reuters.

Nintendo’s stock has been steadily rising since last November, at the time of the Wii’s launch. In late June, Nintendo overtook Sony in market share as the company became one of the 10 most valuable companies in Japan. Then in July, Nintendo took fifth spot on the list of largest companies in Japan.

Despite showing no first-party presence at the Tokyo Game Show, third parties showed software for both of Nintendo’s systems. Games for the Wii and DS ranged from classic RPGs to beauty and health software for women.

"At the Tokyo Game Show last week, Nintendo wasn't there officially. But there were a lot of software companies who are dedicating software to Nintendo platforms," KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide said in the newswire report. "I think it's reasonable to think that this Christmas Nintendo strategy of catering to both core and casual gaming markets will succeed again."

Dailytech (http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Nintendo+is+Second+Most+Valuable+Company+in +Japan/article9040.htm)

Jezebel (http://jezebel.com/gossip/jezenomics/what-nintendos-rise-means-for-those-of-us-with-tits-303524.php)

Now only Toyota to go through/surpass.

GG Nintendo.

[XC] gomeler
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow. I am speechless. After the Gamecube I had written Nintendo off as a company for little children. Apparently there are a ton of little children or atleast little children at heart.

nn_step
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Proof once again that a good design that has innovative features is worth more than hard to use, over priced carp

Mav451
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Now only Toyota to go through/surpass.

GG Nintendo.

Hehe, only Toyota? I mean everyone has to drive, but everyone doesn't have to game...or do they? *rubs chin*

safan80
09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
gomeler;2453961']Wow. I am speechless. After the Gamecube I had written Nintendo off as a company for little children. Apparently there are a ton of little children or atleast little children at heart.

the Gamecube actually has very good games, but sadly this^^ is how the market viewed it. even after Resident Evil was released for the GC it still couldn't shake that image. I'm glad the wii supports gamecube game discs.

VulgarHandle
09-25-2007, 11:19 PM
what about Honda? lol

Wii FTW

Metroid
09-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Hehe, only Toyota? I mean everyone has to drive, but everyone doesn't have to game...or do they? *rubs chin*

lol. Well in Japan looks like they prefer gaming than driving. If Nintendo keeps up innovating I assure they will surpass Toyota in 3 years time in Japan.

what about Honda? lol

Wii FTW

Was far off. :ROTF:

strange|ife
09-26-2007, 12:05 AM
the wii looks decent, i hate on it it alot. but if 2million screaming japanese like it. I guess it isnt all that bad:D

n64 left a foul taste in my mouth though. Iam done with consoles, my ps2 serves as a dvd player in my study, my dreamcast has some duty, mainly to play soul/shenmue and sonic somtimes. and my first gen megadrive still entertains me when very bored or nostalagic.

good to hear wii is doing well though

TRG
09-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Respect for their true visionists..

Johnny Bravo
09-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Proof once again that a good design that has innovative features is worth more than hard to use, over priced carp

QFT

Origin_Unknown
09-26-2007, 03:31 AM
i love my wii :D and my 30 games

VulgarHandle
09-26-2007, 03:57 AM
i love my wii :D and my 30 games

30? there's more than that u can download for 'virtual console', get to work :D

ahh Kid Icarus.....

Origin_Unknown
09-26-2007, 03:58 AM
virtual console?

the silly thing is, i buy the game then i dont play them :(

VulgarHandle
09-26-2007, 04:01 AM
virtual console?

the silly thing is, i buy the game then i dont play them :(

umm, you can download what will be 20 years worth of games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafix 16 from the Wii Shop Channel

Metroid
09-26-2007, 04:31 AM
umm, you can download what will be 20 years worth of games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafix 16 from the Wii Shop Channel

I wonder when Wii or Gamecube games will be available to download as the same way as Virtual Console system works, the Resident Evil 1 remake for Gamecube is awesome. There are many old good games available for Virtual Console and Nintendo is adding it up/updating every month. Nintendo Wii means more than just the innovated controller, it also bring us 7 consoles(NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Gamecube and Wii. Virtual console with + 150 games right now and growing, more than 50 new Wii games.

If you are curious about it. You may check the official Virtual Console Website right in this link http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp.

Well with many reasons showed. it is quite easy to understand why/the reason Nintendo is still doing well in Japan and in the rest of world.

Origin_Unknown
09-26-2007, 05:40 AM
i signed upto the wii points thing on my pc using my details and adding the codes but when i log into my account using my wii ive got no points :(

Mav451
09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Regarding VC, I find it sad that they'd release the crappy Yoshi's Story (N64) before releasing the SNES masterpiece Yoshi's Island.

THE JEW (RaVeN)
09-26-2007, 10:01 AM

........but.........but..........I like huge carp :(
http://www.neatorama.com/2007/01/15/worlds-record-for-largest-common-carp-fished/

;)

Hopefully, this will bring about a revolution in the way that games are made on every platform. They don't necessarily need to be blockbuster games, but some innovative ones would be a welcome addition.

virtualrain
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
While I love FPS games and tactical simulation games, I also love the occasional arcade style game. Not all games need to have super realistic graphics and settings to be entertaining and fun... Super Mario for the N64 was one of the best games I've ever played.