PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 delivers

BeardyMan
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Although i live in europe i was able to contain a copy of the game.

All the pre-judging about the game was horrible wrong.
you will be hooked to the game from minute 1 to 1000000000.
It's a jump from 1 and 2 togheter!
GFX,gameplay,story it's all there, it fitts all so wel, and the feeling you got from halo1 it's back!!!

Other players that can share as well?

oqvist
09-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I hope it´s more halo 2 then halo. Halo was just so mediocre :(.

Problem I have with the reviews is that the single campaign seems to be seriously flawed... And I am mostly into single player...

eXceeded
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I got my copy today, just been pried off of the family 50" plasma after completing only 4 missions :(. So far soo good though!

NKD
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
i got it today, and i am hooked, but is it me or the graphics on the second level, the hanger just sucked, look like i am playing halo 2, the lighting and affects are all there but i am really dissappointed that they couldnt make this game look any better, i am in love with the game but graphics wise its been dissapointing, i guess microsoft wants to make as much profit as they can.

NKD
09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
graphics are good as soon as u step outside, the hills and the sky are all realistic but th second level was like they just took it from halo 2, for example the third level is just beautiful, lighting and everything is pretty awesome

NKD
09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
worst ai i have ever seen specailly when riding in the truck, when ur in the truck, it drives off the hill, stays at one place so u can get shot, enemy AI is however perfect. i know i am suppose to play the game, but i cant drive and shoot at the same time. though i am fricking hooked.

some of the levels look good , and some just suck when it comes to graphics specially indoors, they just slacked so much on this game, now i realize that they know people will buy this game anyways, and who cares about graphics, the only thing they worksd on was lighting i believe other than that its so last gen, ign gave it a 9.0 on graphics lol, probably got paid for that review. there are som many jaggies all over the screen that its not even a joke, they couldnt even do 4xaa which is free on the 360's without any performance hit.

NKD
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
the graphics are certainly better but i wanted this to be the best looking game along with the best story line and best gameplay, everything is the best so far but the graphics lol, i hope they come back with it in a few years may be when the next gen xbox comes out, i would actually love it.

i do believe they will come out with it on PC in a year or so, and may be that will be done totally desinged with a new engine.

NKD
09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
i actually love the graphics on some of the level, i hooked up my xbox to my big screen 61 inch dlp tv from my 26inch lcd, and boy it looked much sweeter, the level where u have to deactivate three towers was just beautiful, game makes a big difference outdoor levels than indoors.

BeardyMan
09-26-2007, 05:40 AM
the 5.5 hours gameplay is rather low and teh end is quite a bummer :(
oh well :)

DilTech
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I can't say I agree with the OP.

I've had it for about a week now(gotta love stores that leak), and in all honesty it's not as great as people make it out to be.

On any setting but legendary the AI is pathetic at best. In halo 1 and 2 they understood what cover was, they flanked, they worked together... They even fell back when their squad died to find backup. This doesn't happen in halo 3 on most difficulty settings. Don't let me start on the length.

Graphics are...halo 2 with better lighting on a higher resolution. There, I said it. Some agree, some disagree, it really doesn't matter to me either way.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is what makes this game. Plain and simple. Before the official release I didn't get to try my hand too much at it due to the fact that they didn't launch the matchmaking servers until the saturday before release(and shut them down on sunday), so other than a few lan games at my brothers I didn't know what to expect. Now though, I find myself having a blast with it. They pretty much have something for everyone, and so many options to tweak for custom games it'll make your head spin.

So all in all, if you don't have xbox live, or access to lan gaming, this game just isn't for you.

BeardyMan
09-28-2007, 03:54 AM
I can't say I agree with the OP.

I've had it for about a week now(gotta love stores that leak), and in all honesty it's not as great as people make it out to be.

On any setting but legendary the AI is pathetic at best. In halo 1 and 2 they understood what cover was, they flanked, they worked together... They even fell back when their squad died to find backup. This doesn't happen in halo 3 on most difficulty settings. Don't let me start on the length.

Graphics are...halo 2 with better lighting on a higher resolution. There, I said it. Some agree, some disagree, it really doesn't matter to me either way.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is what makes this game. Plain and simple. Before the official release I didn't get to try my hand too much at it due to the fact that they didn't launch the matchmaking servers until the saturday before release(and shut them down on sunday), so other than a few lan games at my brothers I didn't know what to expect. Now though, I find myself having a blast with it. They pretty much have something for everyone, and so many options to tweak for custom games it'll make your head spin.

So all in all, if you don't have xbox live, or access to lan gaming, this game just isn't for Diltech.
Big difference.
The Japanese magazine has given it a 37/40, based on single player campaign. It means it's good. And so far i have read contradictions with your last sentence mate ;)

afireinside
09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Aside from level 8, I really enjoyed the single player. There are a few nagging issues (check point system and team AI...) but other than that it was great. The graphics are decent but the sound and gameplay along with the cut scenes really bring the full package. Took me a bit under 12 hours to play through on heroic.

The multiplayer on the other hand... Ouch. Controller=suck