PDA

View Full Version : Such a thing as "too much UV dye"?

JonKbmw
09-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering - I have a loop right now that includes only my CPU through a Fuzion block, and it fills with just about 1 liter of fluid. I mixed Swiftech Hydrx up with distilled water, so I am right there at 1 liter. I have a 10ml solution of Petra's UV dye in Alien Green. 10/1000 ml would yield ~ 1.0% of UV dye concentration in my loop... is that ok? Is there such a thing as "too much" UV dye?

Sparky
09-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes it is possible to have too much, I did. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2417308&postcount=5)

But you don't have nearly as much as I did, you have a third of what I did hehe.

MotF Bane
09-24-2007, 05:15 PM
A couple of drops is supposed to be enough. There is definitely such a thing as too much. I loaded mine up pretty heavily, and my loop was disgusting when I cleaned out, though not nearly as bad as Sparky's.

Sparky
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
A couple of drops is supposed to be enough. There is definitely such a thing as too much. I loaded mine up pretty heavily, and my loop was disgusting when I cleaned out, though not nearly as bad as Sparky's.

Do I win the "most disgusting UV dye gunked loop" award? :p: