PDA

View Full Version : Halo gfx comparison 3>2>1

BeardyMan
09-24-2007, 07:57 AM
For the nonbelievers the nay sayers, the ant halo dudes

Halo3 GFX (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25482.html)

;)

NKD
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
the outside graphics are ok, but inside buildings and even when u look at buildings outside, it feels like i am playing a game slightly improved over halo2. i love halo series and i was expecting something big graphics wise, i know poeple say graphics arent everthing but when the game is so hyped it better live up to the expectations, i am hooked on the game, but graphics are nothing but disappointment, gears of war makes it look like so last gen when it comes to textures and stuff, the lighting is pretty nice and thats bout it. the soundtrack is probably the best but other than that it says microsoft dedication to halo 3, which is none, they probably made the most profit on this game by spending least amount of money on game engine and development. sometimes i feel like i am playing halo 2. well they knew people are gonna by the game and no matter what the graphics look like.

Arkangyl
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Having just spent a bit on Halo 3 (damn classes keep me from spending more than an hour or so though :-\) it definitely looks good, it's not Crysis but it looks about in line with the 360 titles of late.

I'm having a hard time comparing Halo to Gears because I know both games have different intended looks.

So far though Halo's been easy on the eyes and fun to play

NKD
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
i never said the graphics suck, but the indoor levels are just nothing but disappointment, i love halo series and i love my money too, i am a fan but not a blind fan, it does hurt me to see the most hyped game of the year couldnt put 360's hardware to the best use. jaggies all over the place are just ugly, i played the game 6 hours straight today and i love it,.

and i will be honest and say that some of the levels are just tweaked halo 2, is it really so hard to admit that graphics are not all there even though u love the game. i am as diehard of a fan as anyone else of halo, and that doesnt make me ignorant of the graphics.

the first level was ok, but as soon as the buildings come in to the scene, they just look ugly, outdoors are fine the first level looked pretty good, i guess i was expecting something more from the most hyped game of the year,

NKD
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
ofcourse the graphics are better than halo 2 and i would be a retard not to see that, all i said was the truth they should have been better for the money they are going to make, and with no more halo coming in the future.

BeardyMan
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Dont forget about the fact that the gears of wars disks are all defective.. After i beat that game i started getting dirty disk error's. Me my friends and tons of people online have this problem. Just this game too. I hope Halo 3 doesnt turn out like this. Im afraid to buy anything for xbox's now adays cuss it seems all they do is break.

Answer me one thing guys, i havent been really googling halo3 of\r checking it out besides a couple video's and screen shots. Do the Elites team up with the earth forces ? I know they got kicked outa the covenant and replaced by brutes so i figured they would start helping the humans.

yes they do, and at a certain point you will join up with the flood, to kille the prophet of truth. after that that will put a knife in your back and you will have to kill the flood.
the game ends were it started-->Halo 1

master chief won't die, he survives togheter with cortana, wich indicates another game might be in teh shelves.

trance565
09-26-2007, 05:11 PM
the way i see it.

when they hype it that much, it better have better gfx, cuz the storyline is the same as the other two .... kill aliens, and im sure you have to destroy another halo.

NKD
09-26-2007, 11:21 PM
the way i see it.

when they hype it that much, it better have better gfx, cuz the storyline is the same as the other two .... kill aliens, and im sure you have to destroy another halo.

EXACTLY i love the halo series and the fast action pace it has, but for all the hype i was expecting to take the throne from Gears of War, but microsoft really let me down with all the hype and just decent graphics, lighting is amazing and thats about it.

DTU_XaVier
09-27-2007, 04:43 AM
I don't know, I think the graphics are very nice... Even compared to GoW.. When you look at Gears, it's very much a "one-color-fits-all" game, it's very greyish in appearance... It fits the game, but it does tend to get a bit... repetitive....
Looking at Halo, you've got a much more varied color-palette flying around, lending some more life to the surroundings... It just makes the game seem more alive to me... Also, you can't by any means call the game's graphics bad in any way, especially compared to the other games in the series... It's a drastic improvement...

Best Regards :toast:

DilTech
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Halo 3's been busted for not being native 720p... It's rendered at 640p.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1070774&postcount=276

The graphics look like the Halo2 Game for the PC which uses DX10, i think the new graphics look fine, the only thing i noticed watching some video's was alot of jaggies but who gives a crap ! I just want to play the game ... lol

Tried to trade one my psp's in for it and retarded enough they would only give me $35 even if it is the original psp no way in hell id give it up for $35 not even for halo ...

Halo 2 for the PC uses DX9, they just made the vista requirement to try and make people buy vista.

XeRo
09-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Halo 3's been busted for not being native 720p... It's rendered at 640p.

Seems that link is being posted everywhere. B3D is going to get blasted by Halo fanboys.

DilTech
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Bungie admitted that halo is running at 640p...
http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12821

You Owe me 80p!

One item making the interwebs rounds this week was the scandalous revelation that Halo 3 runs at “640p” which isn’t even technically a resolution. However, the interweb detectives did notice that Halo 3’s vertical resolution, when captured from a frame buffer, is indeed 640 pixels. So what gives? Did we short change you 80 pixels?

Naturally it’s more complicated than that. In fact, you could argue we gave you 1280 pixels of vertical resolution, since Halo 3 uses not one, but two frame buffers – both of which render at 1152x640 pixels. The reason we chose this slightly unorthodox resolution and this very complex use of two buffers is simple enough to see – lighting. We wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as possible – so we use one for the high dynamic range and one for the low dynamic range values. Both are combined to create the finished on screen image.

This ability to display a full range of HDR, combined with our advanced lighting, material and postprocessing engine, gives our scenes, large and small, a compelling, convincing and ultimately “real” feeling, and at a steady and smooth frame rate, which in the end was far more important to us than the ability to display a few extra pixels. Making this decision simpler still is the fact that the 360 scales the
“almost-720p” image effortlessly all the way up to 1080p if you so desire.

In fact, if you do a comparison shot between the native 1152x640 image and the scaled 1280x720, it’s practically impossible to discern the difference. We would ignore it entirely were it not for the internet’s propensity for drama where none exists. In fact the reason we haven’t mentioned this before in weekly updates, is the simple fact that it would have distracted conversation away from more important aspects of the game, and given tinfoil hats some new gristle to chew on as they catalogued their toenail clippings.

MaxxxRacer
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I still need to finish Halo 2.. lol. I bought it for my 360, but then when it came out for Vista I installed vista and got the PC version. What a mistake. I just deleted my vista install and gave up on the PC version. Looks like I will have to finish Halo2 on the 360. But I went ahead and read the story so that if i dont feel like finishing it I can still get Halo 3 and be happy.

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I still need to finish Halo 2.. lol. I bought it for my 360, but then when it came out for Vista I installed vista and got the PC version. What a mistake. I just deleted my vista install and gave up on the PC version. Looks like I will have to finish Halo2 on the 360. But I went ahead and read the story so that if i dont feel like finishing it I can still get Halo 3 and be happy.

Really H2 was just more of the same from H1. I am not on H3 yet but hope it is worth the 360 purchase it involved.

Equil|briuM
11-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Here are the facts -

The first Halo was a good game, what made it debut so well was the huge advertising employed by Microsoft, cpupled with large outside worlds and the mixture of vehicular and air combat.

The Multiplayer on the game was also very strong, bringing back classic Deathmatch and acheiving it well.

Halo 2 - Again this game had a huge build up, though the ending is not the best, there were many changes in Halo 2, the ability too duel weild, a new bump mapped engine and hugly cinamatic storyline, also with the addition on playing as another character and building there storyline - the Arbiter.

For me this remains the best game, the ending was shoddy though it was fitting.

The thing I will say did not touch Halo's multiplayer was Halo 2's, allthough Duel weilding was a nice addition to the game, it destroyed many weapon techniques and classic weapons which dominated certain sectors - like the shotgun, which was ruined in Halo 2.

Halo 3 - Again a huge build up also due to alot of advertising, this maintained the story line for the Halo series and also consequently ended it - for now.

For me this is a fantastic game, it maintained the Halo gameplay whilst taking out the best from Halo 1 & 2.

The engine is a heavily modified Halo 2 engine, which has added HDR, increase in bump mapping and most specific, heavy shading.

Along with the 360's power you will also notice how much more is going on in the game, instead of having maybe 1 AI controlled Warthog with you, there are usually around 8 or nine, + the enemy + the Air combat!

There is alot more going on... than meets the eye. ;)

Gameplay wise Halo didn't bring anything new too the table - what it done was keep a wealthy storyline and include dynamic combat and clump loads of it.

My only single and greatest regret is that this game was not created for the Mac as it was intended first, or ahead on the PC instead of being a port, though I guess we cannot have it all, sod's.... Microsofts law.

ferrari_freak
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM

Heh you didn't miss much I didn't really get the storyline at all. And then, I was playing the game one day....... and it sort of just.... ended. I mean there's nothing to tell you that the games over, you will be playing, then this big brute wants a piece and then the game ends. Never went back to understand the story afterwards either lol. Anyway, I'm waiting till the Christmas break to buy Halo 3 and see how it is. I've played the multiplayer at my friend's house and it's a lot of fun. MP maps don't look too awesome but the foliage in the SP looks awesome (I only played the first level or something).