PDA

View Full Version : Will a MCR-220 handle that load ?

Patriote
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey Guys, i am getting 2 BFG OC2 8800GTX cards. Clocks are 626Mhz for core and 2Ghz for mem. The loop will consist of an MCP355 with Petra's top, EK 150 Res and either Dual Stealth Rev.2 blocks or the Ek FC-8800GTX blocks. So, do you guys think that an MCR-220 rad can handle that set-up ? I might overclcok the cards a little further but since i won't v-mod the cards, the temps shouldn't change much from stock.

I know i'd be better to get a PA120.2 but i really can't justify paying 129$ for a Dual 120mm Rad. It needs to be a Dual rad since it will be hooked in the back of my U2-UFO and i don't have space for a Triple unless i mod the case and i don't want to.

Thanks!

YugenM
09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm very sure it'll handle two G80 cards just fine.

IanY
09-23-2007, 02:38 PM
You'll have to define "handle." It'll be good enough for your cooling needs. Don't expect miracles when you are putting 2 x 180 watts of heat into the poor MCR220 (which I think maxes out at about 350W to 400W).

I myself would be borderline nervous and I would at least buy a PA120.2 (I think maxes at about 450W).

I can tell you that the pressure drop on the Stealth V2 is not that great, but its not minimal either, at least when you compare a Stealth V2 to a MCW60. Watch out for your pumping pressure, and I would recommend doubling up on the pumps in series. No need to buy right away, but I think you should eventually have dual Petra/Alhacool DDC2/3.2/Ultra.

As for radiator, I strongly suggest that you not try to save a few pennies and buy the MCR220. You know how often I'm accused of being a Swiftech fanboy, right? I would say that saving the few pennies to buy a MCR220 instead of a PA120.2 is not a wise decision. Think about it. You just bought yourself two BFG OCs, and at 626 Mhz, no doubt Ultras. I would have said "God help you" if you had bought two XFX 675 MHz Ultras... those push the heat like no tomorrow.. my bro has to downclock his cards lol

You know how to mount a PA120.2 at the back of your case, right? If not, PM me. Yes, there is an ugly way to mount a PA120.3 at the back, but you wouldn't like it.

AliG
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree, I would step it up to the pa120.3 or at least the mcr320 if you can't afford a thermochill radiator

Martinm210
09-23-2007, 02:59 PM
FYI
I see about a 3-4 C degree delta between air and water on my MCR320 with Yate loon D12SL12 fans on load with just one at 670.

You probably want some higher speed fans if you don't mind the noise, but yeah it would work fine considering how hot they run stock.

I get 39C loads when I was getting 83C loads stock...

afireinside
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
mcr220 will be fine. Not the best but it will work. Thermochills are a rip.

Patriote
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks IanY! Your help is always appreciated m8! Thanks others too!

Well, thats what i thought... Im looking forward for a special deal that might come back this Friday. The special is a PA120.2 for 89$! If it comes back, i am definitively getting a PA120.2. I really don't want to hook a triple 120mm rad... Since it would require either external mount or a lot of modding. I could also simply hook it inside the case and let it hang where the PSU emplacement is and then i'd have to hook my PSU over the mobo-tray but i think that wouldn't look goo at all.

BTW: No i don't know how to mount a PA10.2 at the back of my U2-UFO. Actually, yeah i know. Well, i thought i knew :p: Whats so special about it ? I just make sure the holes are straight and i use screws ?

I really doubt i will go Dual pumps for my GPU loop or for my CPU loop. That would mean a total of 4 pumps and thats just too much IMO. But i must admit that i am VERY VERY nervous about the fact that i will have a GPU loop with my 2 lovely BFG cards. If by all the bad luck, my pump would fail, that would mean that the cards would heat up like crazy until they die. And there would be nothing to stop the computer if temps gets high. Like the CPU feature on most mobos. I am not worried about my CPU loop. Hell, my CPUs are less expensive (But overclcoks more than any expensive CPUs available ATM) than my 2 8800GTXs coming this week. I was thinking of always shutting off the comp when i ain't home or when i am sleeping. Is there anything, any programs, stuff i can buy or do so that if one day, the pump fails and the temps go high, the comp will shut off ?

I have e-mailed Quoc for an order for several things, including 2 Stealth but i could always ask him to change this for 2 EK Fc-8800GTX WBs. I really ain't sure if i want to go with the Stealth. Most ppls only have bad things to say about the Stealth. But most also didn't tried one... What do you personally think IanY ?

Please, post the ways to mount a PA120.3 and 120.2 rads at the back of U2-UFO cases, Iany!

Thanks a tone guys!

Patriote
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
FYI
I see about a 3-4 C degree delta between air and water on my MCR320 with Yate loon D12SL12 fans on load with just one at 670.

You probably want some higher speed fans if you don't mind the noise, but yeah it would work fine considering how hot they run stock.

I get 39C loads when I was getting 83C loads stock...

I will have 2 120mm Scythe SFF21F S-FLEX™ Case Fan (63.7 CFM/28 dBA) for the back PA120.2. Thanks for your input :)

Yes, they are. Especially when you are considering a 120.2... The 120.3 is only a few bucks more. If the PA120.2 would be 89$ all the time, then it would be a good choice IMO.

CedricFP
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Well I run a pretty loaded setup on my single MCR220. It does fine.

Temps: ~ 40 idle, ~55 load (CPU) ~ 45 idle, ~50 load (GPU) ~ 28-34 (AMBIENT)

Patriote
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Well I run a pretty loaded setup on my single MCR220. It does fine.

Temps: ~ 40 idle, ~55 load (CPU) ~ 45 idle, ~50 load (GPU) ~ 28-34 (AMBIENT)

Thanks! Good to know ;)

IanY
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Patriote,

Let's be realistic here. A standard OCed GPU can put out 175W to 180W. Chain two together and you would have 350W easily. We are talking about 626 Mhz Ultras here. Consider the difference. I would bet the heat may potentially approach 400W. These are not GTS, they are not GTX. And we are talking about two of them together. A Core2 Duo puts out 65W of heat.. and 130W o/ced to 3.6 Ghz... so that's your comparison. These are overclocked Ultras... and two of them. Don't complain about the high maintenance.. you chose two Playboy Playmates for companions lol

The GPUs are designed to take heat up to 100C, so I wouldn't be so worried. Your OS will BSOD long before your video cards get toasted. Having said that, I much rather have pump redundancy than resort to some software program or something else. But I can understand the money angle.

As for the PA120.2 at the back, you will secure the top (vertically) fan to the radiator and the bottom fan to the case. You will secure just the top fan to the case and the top fan holes will support the weight of the radiator and your HDDs, if applicable. The case is strongly built, so don't be concerned. I've hung six HDDs off the top fan screw holes alone, so don't worry. You will encounter a general lack of space between the sata/power connectors of your HDDs and the IDE/sata connectors of your optical drives. YOu will curse like no tomorrow if one of those damn cables come loose because its a royal PITA to fix. That's the trade off and you will just have to live with it.

Assuming that you come into more money, I would suggest having a PA160.1 below your optical bays.

As I said, you wouldn't find me knocking Swiftech very much, especially given my reputation. However, I would unequivocably tell you that a MCR220 would not be a good choice for you.

NickS
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM

I agree on both things. It'll keep them at great temps and it's 1/2 the price of the next best radiator (which, does not perform 2x as good).

IanY
09-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey.. talk about value.. the stock heatsink is free and its the best value. Why even pay $45 for a MCR220? It does not perform 45 times better. The stock video heatsink works, right? It serves its function, correct? Come to think of it, maybe he should have bought a mobo with video built in. What a value bargain! Hell, I think my P3 1.0 Ghz machine could play computer games.. why spend money on a Core2Duo cpu? Why upgrade at all? I can still use Windows 95 and use Internet Explorer, right? Why bother to buy Vista ?

Patriote
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Patriote,

Let's be realistic here. A standard OCed GPU can put out 175W to 180W. Chain two together and you would have 350W easily. We are talking about 626 Mhz Ultras here. Consider the difference. I would bet the heat may potentially approach 400W. These are not GTS, they are not GTX. And we are talking about two of them together. A Core2 Duo puts out 65W of heat.. and 130W o/ced to 3.6 Ghz... so that's your comparison. These are overclocked Ultras... and two of them. Don't complain about the high maintenance.. you chose two Playboy Playmates for companions lol

The GPUs are designed to take heat up to 100C, so I wouldn't be so worried. Your OS will BSOD long before your video cards get toasted. Having said that, I much rather have pump redundancy than resort to some software program or something else. But I can understand the money angle.

As for the PA120.2 at the back, you will secure the top (vertically) fan to the radiator and the bottom fan to the case. You will secure just the top fan to the case and the top fan holes will support the weight of the radiator and your HDDs, if applicable. The case is strongly built, so don't be concerned. I've hung six HDDs off the top fan screw holes alone, so don't worry. You will encounter a general lack of space between the sata/power connectors of your HDDs and the IDE/sata connectors of your optical drives. YOu will curse like no tomorrow if one of those damn cables come loose because its a royal PITA to fix. That's the trade off and you will just have to live with it.

Assuming that you come into more money, I would suggest having a PA160.1 below your optical bays.

As I said, you wouldn't find me knocking Swiftech very much, especially given my reputation. However, I would unequivocably tell you that a MCR220 would not be a good choice for you.

Hey.. talk about value.. the stock heatsink is free and its the best value. Why even pay $45 for a MCR220? It does not perform 45 times better. The stock video heatsink works, right? It serves its function, correct? Come to think of it, maybe he should have bought a mobo with video built in. What a value bargain! Hell, I think my P3 1.0 Ghz machine could play computer games.. why spend money on a Core2Duo cpu? Why upgrade at all? I can still use Windows 95 and use Internet Explorer, right? Why bother to buy Vista ?

Haha that was funny IanY!

Thanks for your inputs guys. I will keep my eyes open for the 89$ deal at the end of the week for the PA120.2. So, you think that Vista (I will use Vista Ultimate ENG X64 with 4GB of RAM on an EVGA 680I mobo) will BSOD before my cards toast ? But a BSOD won't shut the comp off. It will only re-start the comp right ?

BTW: Don't worry about all the cursing about the HDDs. I ALWAYS curse when i am building a computer. Especially when it's watercooled. I am a total impatient and un-delicate guy especially when i am impatient.

Why the PA.160 ? I will have my CPU loop on a MCP355, PAA120.3, NB block, Cyclone res and the GPU loop will have only the 2 8800GTXs.

BTW: They are 8800GTXs : http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23201&vpn=BFGR88768GTXOC2E&manufacture=BFG%20Technologies&promoid=1051 Well, thats what they state!

Oh and i think i didn't got all what you said about mounting the PA120.2 on the back. The holes of the case don't line up clean for a PA120.2 ? BTW: The way your described it is with the fans pushing or pulling air ? And pushing into the case or pulling out of the case or ? Kinda confused :S Pics ?

THANKS A TONE!

IanY
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Haha that was funny IanY!

Thanks for your inputs guys. I will keep my eyes open for the 89$ deal at the end of the week for the PA120.2. So, you think that Vista (I will use Vista Ultimate ENG X64 with 4GB of RAM on an EVGA 680I mobo) will BSOD before my cards toast ? But a BSOD won't shut the comp off. It will only re-start the comp right ?

BTW: Don't worry about all the cursing about the HDDs. I ALWAYS curse when i am building a computer. Especially when it's watercooled. I am a total impatient and un-delicate guy especially when i am impatient.

Why the PA.160 ? I will have my CPU loop on a MCP355, PAA120.3, NB block, Cyclone res and the GPU loop will have only the 2 8800GTXs.

BTW: They are 8800GTXs : http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23201&vpn=BFGR88768GTXOC2E&manufacture=BFG%20Technologies&promoid=1051 Well, thats what they state!

Oh and i think i didn't got all what you said about mounting the PA120.2 on the back. The holes of the case don't line up clean for a PA120.2 ? BTW: The way your described it is with the fans pushing or pulling air ? And pushing into the case or pulling out of the case or ? Kinda confused :S Pics ?

THANKS A TONE!

When a PC restarts, you either get back into windows and sits idle or you get stuck in bios screen. Both of which are beneficial for hot video cards.

Being impatient and un-delicate is precisely why I mentioned that the space between the HDDs and the opticals is impossibly narrow when using a PA120.2. That's the trade-off for performance of a thick rad.

No, a PA120.2 does not mount cleanly at the back of a MM. Either MM is a PITA for not making that simple fix, or Thermochill is a PITA... just joking lol

You stand the radiator vertically. You mount the top fan to the radiator. You mount the bottom fan to the case. You really should have a Thermochill gasket installed (and forget about removing that sucker because it sticks like a mofo). The radiator hangs off the caseonly by screws attached to the other side of the top fan. The bottom fan does not get screwed into the radiator. Takes the weight of six WD HDDs, so no worries there.

626 Mhz is a tad high of an overclock for a GTX, but all power to BFG! Usually an Ultra is stock at 612 Mhz and is OCed to either 626 Mhz or 650 Mhz or 675 Mhz lol

As for pus or pull, I'll leave that to the airflow experts. I always have fans on both sides of a radiator when I can and I always dump radiator air out of the case for two reasons: (1) I don't like dust buildup on my rads and (2) post rad hot air inside the case cannot be too sexy. As to the right airflow, I have never really cared. It works and so its good enough for me. The ambient temp is just another mumbo jumbo number to me. Its whether I can play my favorite game for 4 hours straight without crashing that matters to me. 3D Mark, Super Pi, Aquamark, Sandra.. etc. stuff I don't use everyday lol

Deux
09-23-2007, 05:48 PM
If your CPU loop is only CPU and northbridge why not put the CPU and NB on the MCR 220 and the two cards on the PA120.3 especially if the CPU is only an e6600.

NickS
09-23-2007, 05:51 PM

My sarcasm detector quit after I read that post. :(

disruptfam
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
My sarcasm detector quit after I read that post.

:rofl:

Patriote
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
When a PC restarts, you either get back into windows and sits idle or you get stuck in bios screen. Both of which are beneficial for hot video cards.

Beneficial? The cards will still be running and since the water won't be flowing, the cards will keep heating up, no ? lol

Being impatient and un-delicate is precisely why I mentioned that the space between the HDDs and the opticals is impossibly narrow when using a PA120.2. That's the trade-off for performance of a thick rad.

Bah, i can always mount my HDDs on that single 120mm fan in the front :p:

No, a PA120.2 does not mount cleanly at the back of a MM. Either MM is a PITA for not making that simple fix, or Thermochill is a PITA... just joking lol

You stand the radiator vertically. You mount the top fan to the radiator. You mount the bottom fan to the case. You really should have a Thermochill gasket installed (and forget about removing that sucker because it sticks like a mofo). The radiator hangs off the caseonly by screws attached to the other side of the top fan. The bottom fan does not get screwed into the radiator. Takes the weight of six WD HDDs, so no worries there.

Don't worry, i will order 2 gasket for that rad :p: One for the fan side and one more for the case side. Ok so if i got everything right, thats how i should mount the rad ? BTW: The screws for the bottom fan only goes through the fan to rad. Not through case. It's just that i suck at drawing.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Xtreme_Patriote/5436.jpg

626 Mhz is a tad high of an overclock for a GTX, but all power to BFG! Usually an Ultra is stock at 612 Mhz and is OCed to either 626 Mhz or 650 Mhz or 675 Mhz lol

Oh lol! These cards are going to be monsters!

As for pus or pull, I'll leave that to the airflow experts. I always have fans on both sides of a radiator when I can and I always dump radiator air out of the case for two reasons: (1) I don't like dust buildup on my rads and (2) post rad hot air inside the case cannot be too sexy. As to the right airflow, I have never really cared. It works and so its good enough for me. The ambient temp is just another mumbo jumbo number to me. Its whether I can play my favorite game for 4 hours straight without crashing that matters to me. 3D Mark, Super Pi, Aquamark, Sandra.. etc. stuff I don't use everyday lol

Yeah dust is a real problem but since i have made my own dust-filters hooked with hot glue on those cheap fan grills you see in my avatar, dust stays out. I think i will just have the 4 front fans sucking air, the 2 on top sucking air as well and thr 3 on the back blowing air out. Yes, that means that the rad for the GPUs will use ambient case flow ... Oh well!

If your CPU loop is only CPU and northbridge why not put the CPU and NB on the MCR 220 and the two cards on the PA120.3 especially if the CPU is only an e6600.

Maybe because i will not be using an E6600? ;)

I have ordered close to 5000$ worth of stuff for that next Project which is called "XETM" I'll be using a Q6600 G0 and Dual 8800GTXs on an EVGA 680I mobo with Vista x64 and 4GB of RAM. A Dell 24" monitor, Dual watercooling loop, 190W of 2.1 Speaker power, New keyboard, new mouse pad, more watercooling stuff, Ultra X3 1000W PSU, Corsair Dominator Air-flow, MM case (which i already own :p:), Western Digital RaptorX 150GB etc... etc... Lots of toys.

lazy
09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
seems like your in for some fun.. =)

Patriote
09-23-2007, 07:49 PM
seems like your in for some fun.. =)

Yes sir! It's the first time i spend so much on computer stuff for myself. :) I think it'll be a real monster once done.

disruptfam
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes sir! It's the first time i spend so much on computer stuff for myself. I think it'll be a real monster once done.

looking 4ward to the finished product!!

IanY
09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Patriote,

All you have to do is reverse the fan mountings.. top fan.. long screws from case through the fans into rad... bottom fan.. screws into fan.

Otherwise, you got it all correct! Congratulations on your wonderful machine !

Patriote
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Heh thanks guys :)

Got it IanY!

I'm really wondering what blocks i should get for my 8800GTX tho. The Stealth Rev.2 or the EK-FC8800GTX. Either blocks have their advantages and disadvantages... What are your personal thoughts on the Stealth Rev.2 WBs Mr. Iany ?

PS: I will start a worklog on XS as soon as my stuff starts arriving :)

Boyu
09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Is there anything, any programs, stuff i can buy or do so that if one day, the pump fails and the temps go high, the comp will shut off

Use riva tuner.

Mord
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Maybe because i will not be using an E6600? ;)

I have ordered close to 5000$ worth of stuff for that next Project which is called "XETM" I'll be using a Q6600 G0 and Dual 8800GTXs on an EVGA 680I mobo ...
Do it! A q6600 g0 is 105W TDP. OC'ed to, say, 4400@1.6V is ~300W, plus the DDC3.2 ~9W, plus ~20W for the NB its about 330W at most. Given the flowrate of more than 2GPM the MCR220 should handle up to 320W using 70cfm+ fans. And we all know tdp can be reached only by using TAT, so no worry for 24/7 crunching/gaming.

IanY
09-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Heh thanks guys :)

Got it IanY!

I'm really wondering what blocks i should get for my 8800GTX tho. The Stealth Rev.2 or the EK-FC8800GTX. Either blocks have their advantages and disadvantages... What are your personal thoughts on the Stealth Rev.2 WBs Mr. Iany ?

PS: I will start a worklog on XS as soon as my stuff starts arriving :)

I think you know where I stand on this. I did mention about my general preferences earlier on. Don't want to get into flamefest mode with the crowd.

Patriote
09-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Use riva tuner.

Please explain how to use Rivatuner to do this!

Do it! A q6600 g0 is 105W TDP. OC'ed to, say, 4400@1.6V is ~300W, plus the DDC3.2 ~9W, plus ~20W for the NB its about 330W at most. Given the flowrate of more than 2GPM the MCR220 should handle up to 320W using 70cfm+ fans. And we all know tdp can be reached only by using TAT, so no worry for 24/7 crunching/gaming.

Bah, i don't think so. I have always used that Thermochill for CPU first and i think it'll stay like that!

I think you know where I stand on this. I did mention about my general preferences earlier on. Don't want to get into flamefest mode with the crowd.

Heh, ok! :p:

Marci
09-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Is there anything, any programs, stuff i can buy or do so that if one day, the pump fails and the temps go high, the comp will shut off

Use a DDC3.2 pump. Hook it's RPM sensor cable to CPU Fan header. Set Bios options accordingly for CPU Fain Fail = Switchoff, and CPU Max temp = Switchoff. Done.

Patriote
09-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Use a DDC3.2 pump. Hook it's RPM sensor cable to CPU Fan header. Set Bios options accordingly for CPU Fain Fail = Switchoff, and CPU Max temp = Switchoff. Done.

OMG what a genius! Thank you Marci! But wait, how do i set the bios so that it will shut off the comp is the CPU fan fails ? I will be using an EVGA 680I A1 mobo. Please, anyone tell me how and where to set this. Oh and for the high CPU temps feature too. THANKS!

Boyu
09-24-2007, 05:43 AM
OMG what a genius! Thank you Marci! But wait, how do i set the bios so that it will shut off the comp is the CPU fan fails ? I will be using an EVGA 680I A1 mobo. Please, anyone tell me how and where to set this. Oh and for the high CPU temps feature too. THANKS!

Not every mb suport this features(my P5K Dlx for example),if there any it should be on around hardhware volt n temp monitor. I used speedfan for monitoring my cpu and riva tuner for vga btw.It can be combine with other program to auto shutdown when a parameter has been reach.

Jedda
09-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Don't think there is a setting in the 680i bios. It's always set automaticly.

Patriote
09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Ok guys. Thanks. Can you explain me how to use Rivatuner and make it shut the comp if the temps reach a certain degree, Boyu ?

Patriote
09-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't think there is a setting in the 680i bios. It's always set automaticly.

Yeah it might be for the CPU but for the CPU RPM fna header, what would happen if it would go to zero in one sec ? Would the comp shut off ?

Riva Doesn't actaully do it, or speed fan . Other software monitors those programs for set temps. If that temp is reached then the other program shuts it down. Or so the story goes.

andyc

Wait a minutie. I open Rivatuner and Speedfan. Set Speedfan to use Rivatuner temps and i set Speedfan so that if the Rivatuner temps exeed what i tell it to, it shut the comps off ?

Patriote
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
What is BigNG ?

Man, that looks complicated but i sure hope to manage something for my peace of mind!

Boyu
09-24-2007, 11:37 PM
What is BigNG ?

Man, that looks complicated but i sure hope to manage something for my peace of mind!

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20837

Ok guys. Thanks. Can you explain me how to use Rivatuner and make it shut the comp if the temps reach a certain degree, Boyu ?

Install fast shutdown:

http://super-fast-shutdown.softonic.de/
For Monitoring CPU use
Speedfan, http://www.almico.com/speedfan433.exe

Open speedfan,then go to-->configure-->Event.
Then fill up the condition n action base what you need,in my case i use speed fan to monitor cpu fan rpm and temperature as well.For cpu temp just pick one core you like.

Btw speed fan is not accureate on G0 base cpu ,it's lower by about 15 deggres so make sure you strees your cpu first using prime95 etc to know what is your maks load temp reading using speedfan.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2491/speedfanct4.jpg

You can also set how long(second) do this threshold been past in the
for ... times tab(i mark with red paint) make sure you don't fill this with just 1 second(especialy when monitoring fan rpm,mine set at 5)

last set it to minimized when closed and then add it to window startup shorcut,all done.

Boyu
09-24-2007, 11:48 PM
And now for the GPU part,

Instal Riva tuner

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

and fast shutdown

1.Open hardware monitoring-->click on the red dot sign at bottom left corner to enable hardware monitor--->right click on the core temperature tab-->setup->

2.Go to threshold setting,click on the green plus sign.
then fill up the threshold setting as you like.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8416/rivakp7.jpg

3.Make sure you set riva tuner to run at window starup and send to tray at closed option

There you go,cheap n efective solution.

Patriote
09-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh wow! Thanks a lot Boyu!

I have been reading a lot of that yesterday and i found out how to do this for my CPU using "ShutdownXP Enforcer" and speedfan. "ShutdownXP Enforcer is basically the same things as "Super fast shutdown".

For my GPU, i thought of pluging my GPU loop pump's RPM monitor cable into my CPU fan header onto my mobo and monitor the RPM with Speedfan. Like set basically the same thing as for the CPU but this time make it that if the RPM drops to low, then have it run ShutdownXP Enforcer to comp shuts off.

But your way is even simpler with Rivatuner :p:

Thanks a lot for this. I will try this when i get back from work. BTW: DO you know a program like Super fast shutdown or ShutdownXP Enforcer for Vista ? Cuzz, i'll be running Vista. Or at least, try for the first time :S

TheSamurai
09-25-2007, 06:32 AM
I have ordered close to 5000$ worth of stuff for that next Project which is called "XETM" I'll be using a Q6600 G0 and Dual 8800GTXs on an EVGA 680I mobo with Vista x64 and 4GB of RAM. A Dell 24" monitor, Dual watercooling loop, 190W of 2.1 Speaker power, New keyboard, new mouse pad, more watercooling stuff, Ultra X3 1000W PSU, Corsair Dominator Air-flow, MM case (which i already own :p:), Western Digital RaptorX 150GB etc... etc... Lots of toys.

i'm a little confused on why you'd get the Ultra X3 after you shat on me for mentioning it in another thread :confused:

Ultra PSUs = Whatever you can think of which would mean cr@p or bad.

Eddie3dfx
09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
I think the 220 should handle it fine. It handled my e6300, northbridge chip, and an 8800gts just fine.

Boyu
09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanks a lot for this. I will try this when i get back from work. BTW: DO you know a program like Super fast shutdown or ShutdownXP Enforcer for Vista ? Cuzz, i'll be running Vista. Or at least, try for the first time :S

I copy fast shutdown instalation folder from my xp then use it on vista,it work as well.I use dual system,both xp and vista btw.
i'm glad that i can help you.

Patriote
09-25-2007, 10:23 AM
i'm a little confused on why you'd get the Ultra X3 after you shat on me for mentioning it in another thread :confused:

Yes, yes... I know. And i had told myself never to buy another Ultra PSU. But hey guess what, i felt in the trap again. I seriously hope this time, Ultra will impress me. The PSU basically seems amazing. I didn't heard of the X3s when i posted you this. The X3 series looks mighty fine. Plus the X3 1000W seems to suit all my needs. And anyway, if jonnyguru gives it a 9.5, then im my book, it's surely a good PSU. We'll see what gives!

I copy fast shutdown instalation folder from my xp then use it on vista,it work as well.I use dual system,both xp and vista btw.
i'm glad that i can help you.

Thanks will try that!

IanY
09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Patriote,

Just another word of advice on video blocks. You can take the road of least resistance, and I wouldn't blame you on that. You can also choose Swiftech, but don't mind that red "X" on your chest. The aluminum gestapo will be out in full force. No level in COD2 will prepare you for the gestapo onslaught lol

CyberDruid
09-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I almost ready to sig IanY's "why bother" true classic material.

I gotta say that's going to be a nice set up. I prefer Thermochill for radiators...hard to argue with performance.

Patriote
09-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, I have PMed Quoc and he haven't got back to me yet... And last time i PMed him, he didn't got back to me at all. So, i shot my order to Alex as well just a few mins ago. And i state that the order i sent to Quoc isn't good anymore. This one is good and here is what i have ordered :

- 2x*** EK-FC8800GTX Full Cover Waterblock for nVidia 8800 GTX
- 10x*** Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamp
- 17ft*** 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Tygon R-3603 Laboratory-Grade Tubing
- 1x*** Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound
- 2x*** 120mm Scythe SFF21F S-FLEX™ Case Fan (63.7 CFM/28 dBA)
- 3x*** EK-FC8800 Replacement Voltage Regulator TIM Pads
- 1x*** EK Multi-Option Reservoir Rev.2 Bottom

TheSamurai
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, yes... I know. And i had told myself never to buy another Ultra PSU. But hey guess what, i felt in the trap again. I seriously hope this time, Ultra will impress me. The PSU basically seems amazing. I didn't heard of the X3s when i posted you this. The X3 series looks mighty fine. Plus the X3 1000W seems to suit all my needs. And anyway, if jonnyguru gives it a 9.5, then im my book, it's surely a good PSU. We'll see what gives!

Thanks will try that!

:p the lifetime warranty is another positive note to mention! did you end up getting it for $250 shipped at zipzoomfly?

Patriote
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
279.99$ @ Xoxide.com :) And i pay no duty or imports fees when it arrives in Canada since it's xoxide.com and i love them just for that.

Patriote
09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah, Boyu, can you tell me what should i set exactly on speedfan so that it shuts the comp using "Super fast shutdown" ? What values should i put in ?

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Xtreme_Patriote/5657.jpg

Imagine i want the comp to shut off when the CPU temps reach 80c?

BTW: Here are my load temps.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Xtreme_Patriote/56568.jpg

Boyu
09-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Here you go
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3083/xsvq5.jpg

Patriote
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Cool Thanks :) BTW: Do i need to put these "" before and after C:\Program Files\Super Fast Shutdown\shutdown.exe ?

PS: Nice chick on your wallpaper :p:

Boyu
09-26-2007, 05:32 AM
No,it will add automaticly,mine has double " coz i just copy the shorcut to the speedfan,:D.