PDA

View Full Version : Another MX-EVA3 bites the dust

Leo
07-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Well not surprisingly, my MX-EVA3 died today (how many dead/screwed up units are there now anyways?). Was moving it over to my desk for its first run actually attached to a CPU when all of a sudden I hear this whooshing noise. Sounded like compressed air escaping for about 30 seconds and now the blasted thing actually warms up past room temperature. I'm guessing all the R-134A escaped.

I have a feeling the tubing connecting the compressor to the evaporator is to blame here. Stuff feels like "flexible" copper and I think that continuous bending of this tubing caused it to break and leak.

Maxxxpert's e-mail address doesn't work and the owner has been ignoring me. He had no problems answering my questions when I hadn't yet paid him. Now that he has my cash, he's silent :rolleyes: .

This is how I'm feeling about now:

NorthernYankee
07-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Leo. Max had a chance to make a good contribution to the phase change market but their QC stinks. I can't wait for Prometeia to come to the states.

--NY

OPPAINTER
07-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Sorry about that Leo.
Heres my melt down.

Leo
07-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Heh let's hope they're just keeping quiet so they can unveil an even better unit and give all of us with broken units a free sample :banana:.

Too bad that's not gonna happen :smileysex

I know I can get this unit working somehow if I can track down the leak though. I didn't have a catastrophic meltdown like ya did OPP. Didn't even turn the unit on, it just started leaking when I moved it. Just need to seal it up and recharge the sucker I'm guessing.

killersushi
07-09-2002, 01:10 AM
I feel like telling you that my experience with maxxxpert so far has been about the worst ever since I ordered parts from OCZ about a year ago, not knowing what a shady company they are.

After maxxxpert sent out info to their customers that they are going to stop selling eva's until they get a hang on their quality issues, I have requested to get my money refunded as they offered. Now that has been several weeks ago. I have sent various emails to them, none of which got answered so far. I did not receive my money back either. Now that is no less than 500$ my friends, I don't have this kind of money to throw out to a third class korean company, thus I am very disappointed. And I somehow feel like maxxxpert is going down and I'll never get that money back. Hopefully I'm wrong about it.

Anyway, I recommend people stay away from that company. I even suggest writing about these problems in Oppainters review, as it will lead people to go out and buy one. Just add an edit to the end telling about the quality issues and the obvious problems involved in ordering directly from maxxxpert.