PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my camera

Ramaistro
09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey guys,

my bro just bought a camcorder and we have troubles allready:( :mad:

It is about the SONY handycam DCR-HC27e, it works fine but it fails to connect to the pc's in our house. Already went back to the store and there it worked...

What I allready tried was to remove service pack 2, I have read that there wehe problems with some cams. Also disabled firewall on the firewire connection. This are the most offius reasons that were mansioned on the net.

So my question do you guys have a hint for me or at least something :(

Thanks

Edit: The connection is thru firewire

Bootup05
09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Try each USB port, also have you got any Drivers included with the cam? Sometimes some cam's need drivers to be detected- Could also try checking sonys site for troubleshooting and drivers :up:

Ramaistro
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Try each USB port, also have you got any Drivers included with the cam? Sometimes some cam's need drivers to be detected- Could also try checking sonys site for troubleshooting and drivers :up:

Sorry I missed to say that it is Firewire, and no there are no drivers included or needed. Checked the site and it had nothing to say.

Soulburner
09-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I have had a similar problem, where some cameras don't like certain USB ports. It would work in some but not others.

Ramaistro
09-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Allright guys the fr#$%^n problem is fixed. I went back with my lappy wich has a small firewaire port to try out another cable for that and it worked immidiatly. The guy tried my old cable again and this time it didn't work. So he also gave me a new cable for my pc and now that works too.

Conclusion I had a cable with a broken connection and the lady in the store had some luck.

So problem over luckily.:up: